IGNORED

It's October, you know what that means...

IronicallyMaeve

It's almost time for that day when all those heathens sacrifice babies and kittens Halloween.

Unsurprisingly, the Shupes don't celebrate Halloween because Satan.

largefamiliesonpurpose.com/2012/09/happy-halloween.html#more

It's all fine and good if you don't want to celebrate Halloween, but don't make it out to be something it's not.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the thing that kills me is she claims Christmas and Easter are ok...ummm....her research sucked...but Jesus so it's all ok.

"There is nothing Christian about this pagan holiday. Nothing what so ever. It is one of the two biggest satanic holidays of the entire year - recognized even by both the US Air Force, and a state prison"

Am I just dense, or does this make no sense. Recognised as what by the Air Force and a State Prison? As satanic? The airforce recognises Halloween as satanic? As does one state prison? Or they celebrate Halloween? I honestly don't understand what she's saying.

At least she's just recycling last years post though. Efficient *smile*!

Hmmm it's October and I'm fresh out of baby. Do you think the neighbors will mind if I sacrifice their cat?

Actually, do you think SatAn would be pissed if I sacrificed the birds to him instead? They start squawking outside my window at each other really loudly at stupid o'clock every morning.

They are clearly BEGGING to be made into a good sacrifice.

My cats have already been scouring the neighborhood for appropriate sacrifices... last week, it was a vole, a bird, AND a baby chipmunk! :lol:

Ah, yes, it's "keep cats inside" season. Fortunately Kittenface isn't at all interested in Outside, though roommate's cat Dinger plays outside (and is a black cat, too).

The fun part will be keeping the dog from freaking out -- she's very fearful of strangers, and trick-or-treaters might do her in.

And the 1st Anniversary of Tooloween!!!!!

Yes! It's Tool Time!

Because Doug Phillips is still a tool.

Reading Erica's posts, with all those *chuckles* and *smiles* gives me a headache.

Did she ever mention what the other satanic holiday is? I can't imagine what it could be.

Somebody said she celebrates Christmas and Easter, so to what holiday is she referring? Any ideas?

And finally, this quote;

"Surrender and blessings

The world would tell us that we are missing out or greatly sacrificing by not celebrating Halloween. That what we receive by not participating with Halloween is only loss. But this is a lie from the enemy of our souls, and from the world."

Does anybody really care whether her family, or any other, celebrates Halloween? Who are these people telling her she is missing out and making a "great sacrifice" by not celebrating Halloween?

My guess is she is very self-righteous about it, making others defensive.

Somebody said she celebrates Christmas and Easter, so to what holiday is she referring? Any ideas?

I noticed that too and it bugged me.

Laying odds on it being Valentine's Day. Excuse me, (evil, idol-worship) SAINT Valentine's. It's about lust! :romance-hearteyes: And sinning! :nanner-sex: And not about devoting all your love to GOD! :angelic-green:

:o

Waiting with baited breath to see what the other holiday is.

I hate Halloween and Valentine's day. Crap. I have something in common with Erika*batshitcrazy*Shupe. But I don't hate it because Satan. I hate it because it's annoying, expensive, and overly commercial. Unfortunately, my older girl and boy are obsessed with Valentine's day *barf*, and younger girl and boy are obsessed with Halloween *ugh*. Once kids are all grown up, I'm going full on scrooge when it comes to holidays. Except for Christmas, which will always be awesome.

I wish just one freaking fundie would put in the time to research holidays and their origins. Boy, they'd be surprised.

I hate Halloween and Valentine's day. Crap. I have something in common with Erika*batshitcrazy*Shupe. But I don't hate it because Satan. I hate it because it's annoying, expensive, and overly commercial. Unfortunately, my older girl and boy are obsessed with Valentine's day *barf*, and younger girl and boy are obsessed with Halloween *ugh*. Once kids are all grown up, I'm going full on scrooge when it comes to holidays. Except for Christmas, which will always be awesome.

Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday, but I'm with you on Valentine's Day. The fact that it's become a holiday for children proves how commercialized it is! My kiddo is all about it, so we make it fun for her, but I secretly hate it.

I wish just one freaking fundie would put in the time to research holidays and their origins. Boy, they'd be surprised.

Don't even try...I did the research...and based on that research I don't celebrate the holidays...I mean, the whole secular aspect is cool but I do not tie any religious significance to them. I was having a message board exchange with some of those very fundies and got blasted for not celebrating those oh-so Christian holidays. That is why the whole "Keep Christ in Christmas" thing drives me straight up the wall.

I'm not a fundie but I do take my faith rather seriously...

I do not like Halloween. I just don't. It doesn't have to do with "evilness" of it I just do not like it. I don't keep other people from doing it I just choose not to do it myself.

Hubby and I don't do Valentines Day. Never have. He proposed on the 15th. Anyone could do it on the 14th right? We are at the point in our life that he would rather have a meatloaf and I would rather him help me clean house.

Oh, but they DO research. They know EXACTLY what Dobson/Pearls/Duggars/etc think about Satan Day!!!

Am I just dense, or does this make no sense. Recognised as what by the Air Force and a State Prison? As satanic? The airforce recognises Halloween as satanic? As does one state prison? Or they celebrate Halloween? I honestly don't understand what she's saying.

What, your state prison doesn't let the inmates get dressed up in costumes and go cell-to-cell trick or treating?

foxnews.com/us/2010/02/02/neo-pagans-worship-circle-air-force-academy/ my guess is she's upset that the Air Force Academy recognizes other religions than hers.

and that the courts say prisons must allow people to practice their religions as well.

religioustolerance.org/witchcr3.htm

Don't even try...I did the research...and based on that research I don't celebrate the holidays...I mean, the whole secular aspect is cool but I do not tie any religious significance to them. I was having a message board exchange with some of those very fundies and got blasted for not celebrating those oh-so Christian holidays. That is why the whole "Keep Christ in Christmas" thing drives me straight up the wall.

I'm not a fundie but I do take my faith rather seriously...

Yep,and this is why, as an atheist, I also researched each holiday to death. I felt like a huge hypocrite celebrating Christmas until I learned that there's nothing remotely Jesus-y about it. You or I wouldn't spout off a bunch of mumbo jumbo bullshit because we don't wear badges of ignorance with pride. And we shake our heads at those who denounce Halloween as Pagan or of the devil, yet see no problem with baking a "happy birthday Jesus" cake in December while the tree sparkles in the background, even though we're coming at it from completely different angles.

I do the gift thing but I don't decorate or any of that foolishness. I look at it as a time to gather as a family and have some fun. That's it. Easter is the same way...hell, I won't even go to church on that Sunday...

I bet kids love Halloween and Valentine's Day because they're the two holidays that are expressly candy-oriented.

The World Is RosesOctober 4, 2014 at 2:21 PM

You said Halloween is one of two Satanic holidays of the year. May I ask what the second one is?

ReplyDelete

Replies

Erika ShupeOctober 4, 2014 at 2:44 PM

I'm sorry, that information was fresh in my mind when I first wrote this post but I can't remember off the top of my head right now.

Why don't I believe her?

One of her commenters compares it to yoga in a fucked up way, so I guess I will do an hour of yoga before meeting the coven for the Black Mass!

Namaste, bitches! (as I fly off on my broom!)

Archived