IGNORED

"Jim Bob is crying all the time"

ButterscotchEquinox

In the current season, when Jill & Derrick are wedding band shopping, J'Chelle comments that J'Boob is crying all the time about Jill getting married. She assumes it is harder for a dad to see his daughter get married. I wonder if this is just some proof (provided unintentionally) of how disconnected J'Chelle is from her offspring?

She keeps saying it is bittersweet to lose her children to marriage, but it is always in that saccharine baby voice with no trace of true emotion on her face. Sometimes it seems that she is narrating another person's life.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I felt like she just doesn't care that her daughter was getting married other then the fact that it would bring her more grandkids. and also I was ticked off how she kept saying well Jill's the first girl getting married so it's so special and so hard on the little ones. It really made it sound like it wouldn't be important when the other girls got married because they weren't the first.

I can say a lot of unpleasant things about Dim Boob, but at least unlike J'Uterus, he seems to continue value his kids after they have their first birthdays. He might be a fame hungry moron, but he at least seems to love his kids.

J'Uterus on the other hand, just seems to have an obsession with babies with little care for them growing up. She's like those awful people who dump dogs and cats at shelters when they are not little cute puppies and kittens anymore.

I can say a lot of unpleasant things about Dim Boob, but at least unlike J'Uterus, he seems to continue value his kids after they have their first birthdays. He might be a fame hungry moron, but he at least seems to love his kids.

J'Uterus on the other hand, just seems to have an obsession with babies with little care for them growing up. She's like those awful people who dump dogs and cats at shelters when they are not little cute puppies and kittens anymore.

THIS. As much as I think Jim Bob is smarmy and has some really terrible, terrible ways of thinking clanging around in his over-hairsprayed head, he does seem to genuinely love and care about his children.

Say what you will about those people but at least those cats and dogs have a chance to go to a home where they'll be loved and appreciated. The Duggar kids have to stay and help raise the new cute little baby, aka the thing that replaced them in mom's affections.

I felt like she just doesn't care that her daughter was getting married other then the fact that it would bring her more grandkids. and also I was ticked off how she kept saying well Jill's the first girl getting married so it's so special and so hard on the little ones. It really made it sound like it wouldn't be important when the other girls got married because they weren't the first.

Or when the boys got married!

Michelle spends a lot of time projecting the feelings of others in her interviews. Jim Bob feels this, the little ones think that. She never say what she's feeling about any of her daughters getting married, if anything.

The only nice thing Michelle has ever said about Jill is that she'll make a good mother atfer marriage, and to Michelle, this is only relevant due to all the inevitable grandchildren she and Jim Bob will have.

I rewatched the episode where Josh and Anna were moving to DC, and Josh, Anna, and Jim Bob all seemed sad at being apart. Michelle just talked about having grandbaby rabies and the fact that she wasn't going to get to hold Marcus as much. Not the other kids, if I recall correctly, just Marcus, because he was a tiny baby.

That woman is certifiable.

I don't think I've ever heard Michelle say, "I will miss her. She's so funny and helpful and blahblahblah..." Just the stuff about grandbabies. I notice she never says "grandkids", either... just "grandbabies." She seems to have a screw loose.

THIS. As much as I think Jim Bob is smarmy and has some really terrible, terrible ways of thinking clanging around in his over-hairsprayed head, he does seem to genuinely love and care about his children.

I thought this was evident also when the kids did that Dinner Theater thing. There were moments were JimBob was clearly so touched and proud of his children that he was tearing up. Meanwhile, Michelle just kept that same look on her face. She said it was a 'tearjerker' but she didn't show any tears that I could see.

When she was with Jenny getting glasses, she appeared to me like her mind was elsewhere. I think she was bored out of her skull but was following the story line given to her by TLC. After all, she can't play Madonna and baby anymore, so now they want her to *gasp* pretend to do regular mother stuff, like take a kid for an eye exam. There was hardly any interaction between her and Jenny - such detachment. She just talked in her slow baby voice and tried to paste on a smile, but it sure didn't reach her eyes. I felt she was wondering the whole time, "are we done here yet?"

Michelle spends a lot of time projecting the feelings of others in her interviews. Jim Bob feels this, the little ones think that. She never say what she's feeling about any of her daughters getting married, if anything.

The only nice thing Michelle has ever said about Jill is that she'll make a good mother atfer marriage, and to Michelle, this is only relevant due to all the inevitable grandchildren she and Jim Bob will have.

I rewatched the episode where Josh and Anna were moving to DC, and Josh, Anna, and Jim Bob all seemed sad at being apart. Michelle just talked about having grandbaby rabies and the fact that she wasn't going to get to hold Marcus as much. Not the other kids, if I recall correctly, just Marcus, because he was a tiny baby.

That woman is certifiable.

I keep wondering if Michelle is actually feeling anything. We know she had that breakdown in the laundry room when there were 6 or 7 kids. If she's been medicated since then maybe all her feelings are being blunted by the meds. I know people who describe being on certain mental health meds as being wrapped in wool, unable to reach/feel their feelings. It would go a long way towards explaining her "keep sweet" affect, the lack of real affection towards the kids and why she explains what other people are feeling instead of her own feelings.

There's so much bad to be said about Jim Bob I have to jump on this too. This is one area that I feel he excels at. He KNOWS his kids. He's proud of their accomplishments. He knows what they like and don't. When asked about one he can say more than "She's nice or He's all boy." I saw a video where they had been asked about what they would miss about Jill being at the house. Michelle's was something about her being sweet. JB's was personal. If I remember correctly it was about their morning conversations because they were both morning people. I bet Michelle knows that Jinger likes coffee but I'd bet JB knows what roast and how she takes it.

I would agree, JB seems a much more involved parent. But, not that I am defending Michelle per se, but since she and I are of similar age, I can't imagine what shape her poor hormones are in. After so many pregnancies and 1 that ended abruptly very early and the next one that ended in a miscarriage, and add to that she may be in the midst of peri-menopause so she may not really be herself.

Also, again, not a defense, but just some thoughts, she has spent the vast majority of the past 22 years, believing that her highest purpose was to breed over and over again. Now that this seems to have come to an end, I can imagine she may be trying to figure out her next "season of life". She has to re-define her self worth. In a non QF household, a woman would grow along with her children, enjoying all the aspects of their childhood from babyhood through young adulthood and beyond. But with Michelle constantly in the baby making phase, I just think she froze at that level and never really developed into a mom of 5 year olds, 10 year olds, 15 year olds, and 20 year olds. She just seems developmentally stunted as an adult woman.

There's so much bad to be said about Jim Bob I have to jump on this too. This is one area that I feel he excels at. He KNOWS his kids. He's proud of their accomplishments. He knows what they like and don't. When asked about one he can say more than "She's nice or He's all boy." I saw a video where they had been asked about what they would miss about Jill being at the house. Michelle's was something about her being sweet. JB's was personal. If I remember correctly it was about their morning conversations because they were both morning people. I bet Michelle knows that Jinger likes coffee but I'd bet JB knows what roast and how she takes it.

Dim Bulb is definitely the more caring parent, that's for sure!

Even if he is buried in Patriarchy, he does genuinely seem to love all his children, male or female. Michelle only seems to like Josie.

Even if he is buried in Patriarchy, he does genuinely seem to love all his children, male or female. Michelle only seems to like Josie.

well and Josh I really do think she cares about Josh. I think she cares about Josie because she's the baby and I think she cares about Josh because Josh is the oldest he was the child she actually wanted. the one she actively planned for and didn't just leave his birth up to god like she did with the rest of the kids.

In a non QF household, a woman would grow along with her children, enjoying all the aspects of their childhood from babyhood through young adulthood and beyond. But with Michelle constantly in the baby making phase, I just think she froze at that level and never really developed into a mom of 5 year olds, 10 year olds, 15 year olds, and 20 year olds. She just seems developmentally stunted as an adult woman.

What a great point. Personally I think it is really sad to choose that for oneself. I wonder if she, as a first generation QF woman, understood that she was signing herself up for that kind of emotional stagnation. Does she see it in herself?

You know what really bothered about Jim Bob in the last episode. He kept saying if you want to be a Duggar, not if you want to marry a Duggar. Derick and Ben are not changing their names. The girls take their husbands names. Come on Jim Bob you read your Bible enough to know it says to leave and cleave... leave and cleave. Not force your sons in law to become a Duggar.

I have been watching from the beginning, my husband finds it comical that this is the one thing really got my goat the other night.

Agreed. Jim Bob really has a bond with his kids, especially the Lost Girls. The way some of them hang on to him instead of Michelle is really cute, like when they were saying goodbye to Josh in one of the recent episodes and Johannah was on his shoulders. At least one of their parents loves them.

Agreed. Jim Bob really has a bond with his kids, especially the Lost Girls. The way some of them hang on to him instead of Michelle is really cute, like when they were saying goodbye to Josh in one of the recent episodes and Johannah was on his shoulders. At least one of their parents loves them.

Well, I agree he seems to love Johannah, but he plays favourites with the girls and appears to prefer her over her younger sisters. He has been positively cruel towards poor Jenny in the past.

I think he likes the feisty, more outgoing girls much more than the quiet ones. Jill is his clear favourite of the eldest four, then he seemed very close to Joy when she was a tomboyish ten-year-old, and now he likes pretty, lively Hannie. He seems to dote on Josie too. The others though, not so much.

You know what really bothered about Jim Bob in the last episode. He kept saying if you want to be a Duggar, not if you want to marry a Duggar. Derick and Ben are not changing their names. The girls take their husbands names. Come on Jim Bob you read your Bible enough to know it says to leave and cleave... leave and cleave. Not force your sons in law to become a Duggar.

Exactly! So dumb.

Also, if you want to marry a Duggar girl, it's apparently REALLY important that you're "man enough" to get all decked out in safety gear and then walk up a (supposedly very easy) via ferrata with two guides there to help you. What a challenge!

And then one of the actual Duggars (John-David) doesn't take part in the jumping challenge that is supposed to test the other guys' Duggarness. Yeah, makes sense.

But it kind of made me sad when John-David said he was the most expendable person just because he doesn't have a wife/girlfriend. I guess it was meant a joke, but still ...

I think he is more emotionally attached to his children. Michelle just sees them as extensions of herself. I do notice that they both seem to play extreme favorites. John David is not exactly a charismatic guy, but has always seemed to be pushed to the side.

If the Duggar children are anything like my siblings- it will be the favorites who will "break their parents hearts" in the end. They are used to getting constant praise everything they do and cannot take constructive criticism.

In a way, John David is expendable. I mentioned before that when Jim Bob asked John David about getting married, JD got this long-suffering look on his face like his dad had brought the matter up too many times to count and didn't appreciate hearing about it yet again.

My guess is that at least one full season of episodes was or will be meant to revolve around John David's courtship and marriage to a fill-in-the-blank fundie girl. If JD continues to drag his feet, Jim Bob could potentially view this as a loss of revenue, so maybe that comment meant that JD would lose earnings from the show, or that Jim Bob would find another way to cut JD off financially if he doesn't step up his game and find a mate.

I might be overthinking Jim Bob's potential for cruelty toward his son, but don't doubt for a moment that JB hasn't considered how this will affect him financially.

In a way, John David is expendable. I mentioned before that when Jim Bob asked John David about getting married, JD got this long-suffering look on his face like his dad had brought the matter up too many times to count and didn't appreciate hearing about it yet again.

My guess is that at least one full season of episodes was or will be meant to revolve around John David's courtship and marriage to a fill-in-the-blank fundie girl. If JD continues to drag his feet, Jim Bob could potentially view this as a loss of revenue, so maybe that comment meant that JD would lose earnings from the show, or that Jim Bob would find another way to cut JD off financially if he doesn't step up his game and find a mate.

I might be overthinking Jim Bob's potential for cruelty toward his son, but don't doubt for a moment that JB hasn't considered how this will affect him financially.

everything seems to go back to the bottom line for JB. They need to retape the beginning of the show with the "moneymoneymoneyMONEY" song from Apprentice.

everything seems to go back to the bottom line for JB. They need to retape the beginning of the show with the "moneymoneymoneyMONEY" song from Apprentice.

Maybe the next celebrity they meet should be Mr. Donald Trump! :wink-penguin:

Archived