IGNORED

"Jim Bob is crying all the time"

ButterscotchEquinox

Michelle works, don't buy into the myth that she doesn't. She's a highly in demand speaker on both Christian and conservative political circuits, she writes and promotes books, she stars in and promotes a television show that screens two seasons a year. She has been a working mother for more years than she was an exclusively SAHM.

Aww shucks don't tell me I got sucked in regarding Michelle not working... that or I just didn't think about it... which is more possible... but the show does try to portray her as staying home I think.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michelle works, don't buy into the myth that she doesn't. She's a highly in demand speaker on both Christian and conservative political circuits, she writes and promotes books, she stars in and promotes a television show that screens two seasons a year. She has been a working mother for more years than she was an exclusively SAHM.

A shit. There it is. This is what they have been honing these kids for. The Christian political circuit. The girls are already book writing, Josh is connected at FOF, how many times has JD run for local office? This is how they intend for this dog and pony show to continue. The show was just the initial exposure. Michelle will pass the reins...

I have to agree about JB being more caring with the kids. When Jordyn got her head stuck in the railing, some of the kids and Michelle laughed and he said it wasn't funny.Pics around the web show him carrying Josie. Before her, it was Jordyn. He laughed when Jill and Derrick front hugged. Sometimes, I wonder who really wears the pants in the Duggar house.

I have to agree about JB being more caring with the kids. When Jordyn got her head stuck in the railing, some of the kids and Michelle laughed and he said it wasn't funny.Pics around the web show him carrying Josie. Before her, it was Jordyn. He laughed when Jill and Derrick front hugged. Sometimes, I wonder who really wears the pants in the Duggar house.

I had forgotten that JB just laughed off the front hug. Michelle was the one who had the meltdown.

I have wondered that too. I remember when they were working on one of their books, they both described in the TH's that if M wanted something a certain way she didn't back down.

I would have no problem thinking that M has the last word on a lot of things, except perhaps financial.

I had forgotten that JB just laughed off the front hug. Michelle was the one who had the meltdown.

Mullet has so much shame from her "promiscuous" past... it was years ago woman and your husband makes it sound a lot worse than it is...

A shit. There it is. This is what they have been honing these kids for. The Christian political circuit. The girls are already book writing, Josh is connected at FOF, how many times has JD run for local office? This is how they intend for this dog and pony show to continue. The show was just the initial exposure. Michelle will pass the reins...

It must kill them that Alyssa Bates landed a Congressman's Son.

Jessa is marrying Bin and Alyssa became Fundie Royalty by marrying a politicians son....

I have wondered that too. I remember when they were working on one of their books, they both described in the TH's that if M wanted something a certain way she didn't back down.

I would have no problem thinking that M has the last word on a lot of things, except perhaps financial.

She's pretty smart on the financial end of it too. Don't forget the smug way she said "Buy used, save the difference" when she was talking about the used industrial kitchen equipment on the unfinished kitchen tour. (During one of their very early TTH building special episodes).

If Jill's comment, "We haven't discussed that yet" joking with Derick about his job is any indication, she's just like her mom. (i know that was a chance remark but seemed pretty much like a Freudian slip lol) Jill is strong-willed, determined, and won't back down from what she thinks is the "best". I think Derick is in for a rough ride if he tries to go against her wishes.

Imho, the Duggars' fundie-ism is just a mask. They don't seem to truly hold those fundie beliefs of a wife's submission to the husband and modesty for modesty's sake, not deep down at the conviction level. It seems like JB & M just happened to fall into ATI, got brainwashed, and were blessed with fertility, health, and freakin' awesome financial genius to figure out ways to pay for it or sell it to others and get comp'ed. Honestly they just seem to be maintaining the image now. Yes they do get paid to speak, write books, and share their convictions, but no doubt Michelle would be getting paid to speak in front of realtors' conferences or MLM conferences if gothardism had never happened for the Duggars. She'll believe and preach about whatever brings the money (and she agrees with). If the cameras left tomorrow, they'd change, imho. Some convictions -- their basic faith, protecting their kids from over exposure, etc. they'd keep, imho, but they'd be average Christians, and definitely not fundies.

signed, armchair psychologist

Archived