IGNORED

Did Mama Munck just give a huge FU to the Maxwells?

VictoriaLucas

A super clean organized house, well groomed children looking as though we might have guest at any moment, buying/teaching the most popular curriculum even if my children and I both hated it, dressing a particular way, eating only organic or NO sugar, keeping to a unrealistic schedule,

And so on, And so on, And so on....

Like any of these things were making me a better wife/Mama, or more holy.

walkingajourney.com/2014/09/free-to-beme.html

:clap: This made me pretty damn happy.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care if we ever find out the details (well, I admit I'm curious) -- I'm just thrilled to see continued evidence that at least one large family is backing away from rigid crap a bit.

Oh, that is definitely about the Maxwells!

Man, I wish we find out what really went down with them.

The Muncks did have the courage and mess up the Maxhell's plan, that's what. Young Elizabeth called off the wedding what, a week before? :lol: :D *gigglesnorts* And her family stood by her. A Maxhell male got refused by a wuman. A supposedly trained-up, Godly wuman! Phteven the Almighty sure didn't see that coming.

All the effort they had invested into making their son a married man, all the renovations, all the careful selection and whoomp! One little lady made Phteven's sand castle collapse. And her family never forced her into that marriage, what an outrage.

They must have received NUMEROUS outraged, condescending, lecturing emails from Phteven. :lol: Boy, if Christopher would have photographed Phteven's face when he learned the news one week before the wedding, I'd wear it on a t-shirt.

This is such a great show, that's going down between the two families.

It honestly makes me wonder if Steve-O tried to strong arm the Muncks into making Liz marry Joe...I know that's awful...but I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility.

It honestly makes me wonder if Steve-O tried to strong arm the Muncks into making Liz marry Joe...I know that's awful...but I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility.

Now that u have said it. I have to say I thought that also. It wouldn't surprise if he did either.

Oh yes, the unrealistic schedule, idols, trying to live a "perfect" life.... She must have read the blog about Joe's wedding and realized what a bullet Liz doged.

It makes me even more sorry for Elissa. That poor girl probably has no idea what she is getting into.

I wonder what the Maxwells have to think about the thought of making schedules and dress codes into idols. Hrm, Steve? :think:

I wonder what the Maxwells have to think about the thought of making schedules and dress codes into idols. Hrm, Steve? :think:

Something to think about, Stevie :think:

Well three cheers for Mama Munck! What a day-brightener.

I'm so, so glad she and her husband stood by Elizabeth's choice not to marry Joseph. She clearly loves her kids, and puts their happiness first.

Someone really should forward the link to Stevie. :shifty-kitty:

I'm fairly certain he is closely monitoring the Muncks' activities. Keeping friends close, but enemies closer. And I'm not entirely sure he doesn't send them lecturing mails every once in a while.

Well three cheers for Mama Munck! What a day-brightener.

I'm so, so glad she and her husband stood by Elizabeth's choice not to marry Joseph. She clearly loves her kids, and puts their happiness first.

Oh, I am damned sure he knows.

I have been meaning to ask, does anyone still have old photos and blog entries from the Liz and Joe courtship?

What happens when you make God and idol? Does that make sense? I know the verse is something like "you shall have no idols before me," so technically having God as an idol should be fine, but I don't think Steve is doing it quite the way the bible meant. He's taking it a whole over (many) level to the point that it's become the kind of idol that the bible warns about.

Did any of that make sense?

It sure did.

What I am absolutely flabbergasted about is the fact that women, his wife, daughters and all the in-laws are under his thumb. He has got authority over those women, especially their wombs, he just doesn't sex them. That family is one big cult, and he's god's representative on Earth to them. Now it's Elissa's womb, too.

PS I don't think that the Muncks would have said anything about the Maxwells, their site speaks for itself, and also, they don't come off like controlling, shi* :stir-pot: -stirring maniacs like Steve-o.

Oh yes, the unrealistic schedule, idols, trying to live a "perfect" life.... She must have read the blog about Joe's wedding and realized what a bullet Liz doged.

It makes me even more sorry for Elissa. That poor girl probably has no idea what she is getting into.

Off topic but I sort of love the riffle of "doged" here. Wow, such schedule, very two animal crackers

What happens when you make God and idol? Does that make sense? I know the verse is something like "you shall have no idols before me," so technically having God as an idol should be fine, but I don't think Steve is doing it quite the way the bible meant. He's taking it a whole over (many) level to the point that it's become the kind of idol that the bible warns about.

It did to me. Steve is the sort of small, petty, insecure man who craves control over every aspect of his life and the lives of his family. He uses God as the hub of his little cultish empire. The second that his wife or any of his children put a toe out of line, he tells them that by not obeying the schedule/washing the cabinets/schilling for his empire, they are disobeying God's will and forfeiting their spiritual salvation. He's the reason why none of them venture beyond the boundaries of the small, confining box he's placed them in. God is used as a catalyst to fuel Steve's ego.

It's never been about God's will - only Steve's.

It did to me. Steve is the sort of small, petty, insecure man who craves control over every aspect of his life and the lives of his family. He uses God as the hub of his little cultish empire. The second that his wife or any of his children put a toe out of line, he tells them that by not obeying the schedule/washing the cabinets/schilling for his empire, they are disobeying God's will and forfeiting their spiritual salvation. He's the reason why none of them venture beyond the boundaries of the small, confining box he's placed them in. God is used as a catalyst to fuel Steve's ego.

It's never been about God's will - only Steve's.

That's probably why Sarah remains unmarried--if she married, she would be under another man's authority, and Steve would eat dirt before he'd give up any control. I wouldn't be surprised if none of his daughters ever married.

100%. You make a very excellent point. He's not idolizing God in terms of love, humility, and building an honest relationship, he's idolizing the image of God as an agenda (which he uses to his own benefit). Steve doesn't submit to anyone, not even God. Steve just considers God a pawn in his own schemes. Unfortunately for Steve... :lol:

Also, I think the 2nd commandment applies very well here.

'You shall not make yourself a carved image or any likeness of anything in heaven above or on earth beneath or in the waters under the earth."

Archived