IGNORED

Justin Turley's day job, I guess

halcionne

You know, I was just thinking the other day, "How does this guy earn a living... really?" Does he have a trust fund or something? Because he seems to have limited himself to Dominionist "ministries" and businesses, and he hardly ever adds anything to his portfolio. When Vision Forum tanked he lost half his business-- at least half!

I mean, how much would Scott Brown be willing to pay him to design a book cover? I know a guy who does similar independent work and he charges about $500 for a cover, but he does a lot more work than Justin seems to be doing.

ETA that Scott is such a lazy-ass scammer, throwing together a bunch of Puritan poems that could easily be found for free and calling himself an editor. He sure learned a lot from Doug "Public Domain" Phillips, didn't he?

Birds of a feather flock together and all that.

I get the feeling that there's a lot of these A-listers* lead two fairly separate and contrasting existences: in their church community (including online) they're intellectuals and all-around manly men, in real life their just ordinary working class blokes trying to eke out a living by knowing lawns or helping in a friend's cabinet making workshop.

*A-listers being an altogether relative term.

I am far from a graphic design expert, but many of his work examples seem like they could use some kerning.

Like the word "father" on this one

justinturley.com/archives/works/father-daughter-retreat-invite-email-banner

It kinda looks like "fat her", doesn't it?

Reminds me of this pendant I saw on Etsy and thought it said "this taco shall pass" (it said this too shall pass, it was just stamped poorly). I thought "this taco shall pass" was more reassuring, personally.

You know, I was just thinking the other day, "How does this guy earn a living... really?" Does he have a trust fund or something? Because he seems to have limited himself to Dominionist "ministries" and businesses, and he hardly ever adds anything to his portfolio. When Vision Forum tanked he lost half his business-- at least half!

I mean, how much would Scott Brown be willing to pay him to design a book cover? I know a guy who does similar independent work and he charges about $500 for a cover, but he does a lot more work than Justin seems to be doing.

ETA that Scott is such a lazy-ass scammer, throwing together a bunch of Puritan poems that could easily be found for free and calling himself an editor. He sure learned a lot from Doug "Public Domain" Phillips, didn't he?

Thanks, DWT, for saying what I couldn't manage to about both of these jerks; I don't follow the Calvinists as closely as I do the ATIers. I'm still waiting for Scott Brown to jump up and fill Doug's void the void Doug left, but of course it's a step by step process. Pompous book of purloined* poems being another step toward DOMINION!!!!! over other people's money.

*I know how public domain works, I just needed a p word for my bad alliteration 8-)

It kinda looks like "fat her", doesn't it?

Reminds me of this pendant I saw on Etsy and thought it said "this taco shall pass" (it said this too shall pass, it was just stamped poorly). I thought "this taco shall pass" was more reassuring, personally.

i want that pendant :laughing-rolling:

Archived