IGNORED

Musser family - disabled son dies in accidental drowning

Seren Ann

As I said, CG's Fast Forward is my favorite top coat. I don't know about base coats. I use Sally Hansen's Smooth and Strong for that.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty, pretty pretty! I NEED that Rose Gold one.

i love sephora, but for the amount you get, it's not enough for me to justify paying for it :( maybe one day!for now, i live in sally hansen's insta-dri. when they first came out with it, they just had some basic colours, but now they've come out with a lot more shades and i couldn't be happier. :) only thing is, if i don't put on a top coat, it chips easily.

So, I've always felt that when I put nail polish on, it makes my nails really breakable. Like, nail polish comes off and then my nails start cracking and flaking off. Is that a thing?

I think that's a thing. I know it happens to friends of mine. Some nail polish companies have special top coats or treatments for brittle nails. Maybe that's worth a try for some time before painting nails? Does it help if you put a top coat between your nail and the polish?

I have nails that peel. If I don't wear polish, they will peel at a certain length no matter what I do without the polish. But, if the polish chips off, they will peel almost instantly. In my case, I'm pretty sure its not the polish causing it, but the exposed nail is now the weakest point to do what they want to do naturally.

I think that's a thing. I know it happens to friends of mine. Some nail polish companies have special top coats or treatments for brittle nails. Maybe that's worth a try for some time before painting nails? Does it help if you put a top coat between your nail and the polish?

for strength, i can't recommend sally hansen's triple strong enough. my mum had very, very brittle nails, but now grows them naturally using that regularly.

i used to have my nails done, but had to stop due to finances. i need to get me another bottle of this because i hate having short nails but mine always seem to break and split when it grows out very much.

that would be a base coat, not a top coat. Some products are usable as both, while other are specialty for one or the other.

that would be a base coat, not a top coat. Some products are usable as both, while other are specialty for one or the other.

Oh yeah, duh! Thanks Terrie! That should inform you as to how often I've painted my nails lately.

Oh yeah, duh! Thanks Terrie! That should inform you as to how often I've painted my nails lately.

NP. :lol: We all start somewhere. I have short, stubby nails, but I like some color and it stops me from biting them.

NP. :lol: We all start somewhere. I have short, stubby nails, but I like some color and it stops me from biting them.

constantly painting my nails also finally helped break me of the habit of biting them :lol:

Thanks for the advice for nail strengthener! I may have to try it. I keep my nails very short because they crack and peel a lot otherwise. It would be nice to feel that growing my nails out was at least an option!

I actually hate long nails. i mean, honestly hate. It's a genuine OCD distress thing. But I no longer need them down to the quick, which is awesome. And less painful.

• 4 months later...

Susanna Musser's blogging about adopting again:

http://theblessingofverity.com/2015/03/ ... ra-Musser/

I sincerely hope that all social workers have the sense to NOT approve her, given what happened to Tommy. And due to Verity's (bio daughter with DS, who watched tommy die in the tub) regression.

Also, Tommy's gravestone? Has the name of his orphanage on it. Creepy.

• 3 months later...

I sincerely hope that all social workers have the sense to NOT approve her, given what happened to Tommy. And due to Verity's (bio daughter with DS, who watched tommy die in the tub) regression.

They have a donation page about to help with a new addition to accommodate this new special needs child.

I find that blog entry so creepy. Like God created Tommy to be a lesson to people, instead of an actual person.

Archived