IGNORED

Musser family - disabled son dies in accidental drowning

Seren Ann

theblessingofverity.com/

I am in shock. It felt like lately things were getting more livable for them, they were getting the outside help they needed. I have a lot of respect for Susanna because she took on such a difficult task and genuinely seems to love those children and do her best for them. I can't imagine what guilt she must be facing now, what a dreadful situation.

Anyone else was following this family ?

Edit because I dug up another link :

lancasteronline.com/news/local/coroner-rules-disabled--year-old-accidentally-drowned-in-bathtub/article_d4f3be1e-1979-11e4-8b7a-001a4bcf6878.html

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of the blogs of families that have adopted multiple special needs children, the Mussers seemed like they had it the most together. They were actively seeking the best care and treatment for their children. So sad.

Holy crap.

Tommy and I believe Katie are the only adoptees; I could be wrong though because she doesn't talk about the older children as much.

How very sad. I saw their blog. Can someone tell me how many of their kids r adopted.

Only Tommy and Katie are adopted. They also have a preschool aged (biological) daughter with special needs.

Oh my goodness. My heart aches for them. I've read their blog for years and we have mutual acquaintances. I truly believe the Mussers are loving and devoted parents, even if we have different ways of looking at the world. Tommy and Katie are their only adopted children. They have 11 biological children as well ranging from early 20's to infant, and the 10th child has Down Syndrome.

Only Tommy and Katie are adopted. They also have a preschool aged (biological) daughter with special needs.

That's for the info!

Oh man, this is heartbreaking. It finally seemed like things were sort of settling down for them, with both the kids in school and things like that, and then this. So sad. And my heart breaks for the mom who blames herself. And her poor son, who found him :(

Autopsy article in the news says he was in a small amount of water and she stepped out if the bathroom to get stuff ready to go somewhere. Somehow the faucet was left on, or turned on and he drowned, eight year old brother discovered him in the tub. It was ruled accidental with no suspicious circumstances.

The poor woman is never going to forgive herself.

Autopsy article in the news says he was in a small amount of water and she stepped out if the bathroom to get stuff ready to go somewhere. Somehow the faucet was left on, or turned on and he drowned, eight year old brother discovered him in the tub. It was ruled accidental with no suspicious circumstances.

The poor woman is never going to forgive herself.

How very sad. I feel really bad for this woman. Does anyone know what was wrong w/ the son?

How very sad. I feel really bad for this woman. Does anyone know what was wrong w/ the son?

He was adopted internationally from Pleven, which is a very abusive orphanage where they kept the children in cribs all day without paying them any attention and hardly fed them. He was a teenager and the size of a small child as he was not given enough food to grow.

He was adopted internationally from Pleven, which is a very abusive orphanage where they kept the children in cribs all day without paying them any attention and hardly fed them. He was a teenager and the size of a small child as he was not given enough food to grow.

Thanks for the info!

Based on that video, he was clearly able to sit up in a few inches of water w/out any trouble. If I had been his mom, I'd have had no qualms about stepping out for a min or two to round up a towel or grab a change of clothes or whatever.

What happened is a tragedy, but this is one situation that I just can't see blaming the mom for. The poor woman must be going through hell right now.

Yeah, based upon that video, a year later I would have stepped out for a moment. She clearly didn't fill it too full. I would imagine he turned the faucet on, since it's a lift style handle. I hope she can forgive herself, but I'm not sure I would be able to if I were in her shoes.

Tommy was one of the Pleven orphans. The former orphanage director was so horrific that Bulgaria forcibly removed her, several of the children landed in the hospital for re feeding and I know there was discussion of charges against the director for deliberately starving the children.

Based on that video, he was clearly able to sit up in a few inches of water w/out any trouble. If I had been his mom, I'd have had no qualms about stepping out for a min or two to round up a towel or grab a change of clothes or whatever.

What happened is a tragedy, but this is one situation that I just can't see blaming the mom for. The poor woman must be going through hell right now.

I have to agree with you on what u said. He clearly could sit up. I feel really bad for this woman.

Tommy was one of the Pleven orphans. The former orphanage director was so horrific that Bulgaria forcibly removed her, several of the children landed in the hospital for re feeding and I know there was discussion of charges against the director for deliberately starving the children.

Thanks for more of the information on the orphanage director! Sounds like a horrible situation for all those kids. Do u know if charges for ever brought again this woman.

• 2 weeks later...

She seems like a really loving person, and I don't think the drowning is any "fault" of hers. She really means well, and

has a good and kind heart.

But if what I am reading is correct, she was at home alone with 8 children, three of whom had special needs, at the

time Tommy drowned. Although she was getting some help at times, that's just a lot of kids to care for.

I think she's bordering on child collecting. Just my thoughts, and I wish the family well.

Archived