IGNORED

Candace Cameron Bure's Really Modest Bikini

clarinetpower

You know, because DWTS costumes were much too slutty, and this is better.

There's a BOOB RUFFLE. And she wore a HAT.

huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/11/candace-cameron-bure-bikini_n_5578208.html?cps=gravity

o-CANDACE-CAMERON-570.jpg?8

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I normally just don't get the boob ruffle trend, especially on swimsuits, but for some reason I really like this one. And I guess fundie-modest in hollywood means a full-coverage bottom and a slightly higher neckline on the bikini top.

She wasn't really that modest on DWTS. She talked a big game early in the season, but I recall seeing a surprising amount of skin.

I have to say, she's rockin' that bikini! Good for her. Maybe her daughter won't grow up to think she deserves to be raped if she wears a tank top and shorts.

She does look good. That suit isn't one I would look twice at on the hanger, but seeing it on her, I like it. Probably cost more than my groceries for the month, though. Oh, and also, I'm not in DWTS shape so it wouldn't look like that on me.... :lol:

But, she's not posting selfies of her in the bikini is she, so she's actually acting somewhat modest... She is swimming in a swim suit like everyone else and not singling herself out in a frumper dress.

But, she's not posting selfies of her in the bikini is she, so she's actually acting somewhat modest... She is swimming in a swim suit like everyone else and not singling herself out in a frumper dress.

My thoughts exactly. I believe that part of being modest means not drawing undue attention to yourself through your appearance. Those fundy women who wear prairie frumpers and calf-length swim dresses are certainly not being entirely modest. At least Candace is dressed comfortably, covering everything she wants covered, and wearing what's appropriate for the time and place.

P.S. I can't believe I'm sort of defending Candace Cameron Bure. :?

My thoughts exactly. I believe that part of being modest means not drawing undue attention to yourself through your appearance. Those fundy women who wear prairie frumpers and calf-length swim dresses are certainly not being entirely modest. At least Candace is dressed comfortably, covering everything she wants covered, and wearing what's appropriate for the time and place.

P.S. I can't believe I'm sort of defending Candace Cameron Bure. :?

Even a broken clock...

She is lucky I am procrastinating. I fixed her!!!!!eleventy!!!!!

modestcandace_zps7d9d22a3.jpg

No, no, that skirt is way to short. The hemline should be no more than 2" above the knee. She could just add another ruffle/skirt to get it to the more modest length.

No, no, that skirt is way to short. The hemline should be no more than 2" above the knee. She could just add another ruffle/skirt to get it to the more modest length.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! Or in fundy speak CHALLENGE EXCEPTED!

Now I want to draw a super modest outfit on her-like a burqa or one of those dresses that were seen on the Duggars and Bateses before they decided to join this century in fashion.

She is lucky I am procrastinating. I fixed her!!!!!eleventy!!!!!

modestcandace_zps7d9d22a3.jpg

I actually like that with the skirt tankini. More like something I would wear.

She looks terrific, but it does kind of negate all her ridiculous ranting about modesty, doesn't it?

But its sleeveless! I see shoulders and I am defrauded! :P

The skirt is perfect (still a little daring, but much better than before). It might need some cap sleeves. And gloves.

I read an article about her book about diet and nutrition. It seems she lives on coffee, salmon and salad.

Wasn't that a "Full House" plot line?

The skirt is perfect (still a little daring, but much better than before). It might need some cap sleeves. And gloves.

What about a black bar over her knees?

She looks fine in the bikini. Even good. That does not, however, change her character. She has less-strict, more self-serving, rule about her clothing. But she still has rules she accredits to her god. She's not a frumper wearing fundie, but she is sure as hell a fundie.

She also looks like she's had some work done on her face. Fillers maybe? Just a subtle difference from when she was on DWTS. (Maybe she had to use her $ to have it done and not the family $).She'll never be one of my favorite people.

Archived