IGNORED

Which would be the worse reality family to be a member of?

Mama Mia

Okay, I feel I must have been living under a rock, but somehow I've only seen/ read a little bit about the Karrdashian family ---- until today. Somehow I got sucked into their show, which lead to getting sucked into the Internet rabbit hole of their lives. It was quite.....interesting? shocking? Terrifying? Appalling? Entertaining? All of the above?

Anyway, just for fun, if you HAD to be either a Duggar or a Kardashian, which would you be? And is there a particular family member you would pick? This is assuming, with either family, you are completely bought into their lifestyle and live by their rules.

I'm going to wait to pick until I see a couple more episodes of the Kardashian show, in case I've just caught them on a bad day where they only seem amazingly shallow and creepy.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know anything about the Kardashians other than some of them seem to be on an awful lot of magazine covers, one (or perhaps more) are married to people who are famous for something other than being famous (though I really couldn't tell you to whom they are married) and that the dad was in the Olympics.

That said, I would pick the Kardashians because fuck living in a religious household where I am seen as the property of my father and where I spend my entire life being shamed for being female.

Nopes!

I'd be a Kardashian. I don't know a whole lot about them, but I suspect as one of them you can go and live your own life without the threat of eternal damnation looming over your head.

Edited because I can read, honest.

Can I put my hand up to be a Bates? I'm no Kardashian or Honey Boo Boo. I don't want to be Jim Bob's property. I think I could survive in the Bates family. Gil & Kelly may have many flaws but they do love their kids and, overall, the family seem pretty happy.

For me, waking up and finding myself a member of the Honey Boo Boo bunch would be a nightmare.

I think finding myself one of Kate Gosselin's kids would be pretty tough, too. I'd survive physically, but the emotional trauma would be too much for me.

Now if I woke up in the Kardashian/Jenner household I'd be okay. I'd be living in a cushy lifestyle where the kids can pretty much do whatever they want. Sure, I'd have to be careful not to let Kris push me into becoming as trashy as Kim is, and I'd have to work to avoid Kanye when he visits, and it'd be sad to see Bruce Jenner slowly slide off the rails. But that would be survivable, whereas the Boo Boo's would drive me to violence, and KG would drive me to suicide.

Being a member of either family would be quite scary but I would choose the Kardashians in a heartbeat. I'd love to follow Michelle around all day and measure the full scope of her craziness up close though.

Being a member of either family would be quite scary but I would choose the Kardashians in a heartbeat. I'd love to follow Michelle around all day and measure the full scope of her craziness up close though.

If you were a Kardashian you might be able to do that. TLC and E! would love the ratings of the mashup. The networks could pull half a season out of a JB/Bruce celebrity husband swap.

If you were a Kardashian you might be able to do that. TLC and E! would love the ratings of the mashup. The networks could pull half a season out of a JB/Bruce celebrity husband swap.

Of course TLC and E! would be all over that. Giuliana Rancic and Jinger could compare their shared obsession of spray tans.

kate gosselin.she doesn't even try to get along with them.nor her ex,and that would be helpful in the world of co-parenting.she's just all rules.

the duggar kids don't get much attn. from their parents anyway,so one could get lost in the crowd.

the bates seem more loving than both families.

I do feel for the fundie offspring though.esp. the women.they are destined to be mothers and wives,and nothing else.sth dd maybe,but that's it.

oh yeah honey boo boo..no,not to that family,either.just too much redneck ruckuss.lol

I haven't seen the Kardshians.I'm a little slow.lol

Wow, none of the above???

If forced, I guess I'd be the ugly duckling of the Kardashian family who reads books and doesn't give a shit about clothes or makeup.

Not thrilled with the choices.

Kim and her sisters are pretty much "owned" by their mother/manager. They got the series after Kim's sex tape went public, and Kim subsequently did a Playboy spread. The mom is pretty much pimping out her kids, IMHO.

Not thrilled with the choices.

Kim and her sisters are pretty much "owned" by their mother/manager. They got the series after Kim's sex tape went public, and Kim subsequently did a Playboy spread. The mom is pretty much pimping out her kids, IMHO.

And sadly, that seems to be a literal "pimp", not a figurative one.

If I was raised a Kardashian, I suppose I'd be a spoiled rotten little brat. I've already been raised with plenty of the "hell yawns before you" mentality, so if I had to pick, I'd go Kardashian over Duggar. If I was fortunate enough to simply wake up into the lifestyle, I'd use my time to comfort Bruce (poor guy), run screaming away from Kanye when he visits (you got that right, Flossie!), and spending money (I would wake up wealthy, why not?). Oh, and avoiding all cameras and making sure my hypothetical significant other's iphone camera was turned off and hidden when we're intimate.

I guess the difference, for me, is that you've got a better chance at getting away from the lunacy if you are born as a Kardashian. I'm not suggesting Kris Jenner is the most stable of women, but if you fought her enough, I get the impression she might back off so you could live your own life away from the cameras. Kardashians have no shame and will fight harder for their own interests (Khloe, at least), whereas the Duggar daughters are trained from birth to believe that they should feel nothing but shame and have no self-worth other than what their parents give them.

I sure am glad Kate Gosselin's family wasn't an option for this.

Hands down, Kardashian. I would move in with Bruce at his beach house away from the crazy and pop birth control pills while wearing pants.

Kardashian in a heartbeat. No stupid religious reasons for doing anything. A life of relative luxury. Plus, my name already starts with the right letter.

A Kardashian I guess, but my arm would have to really be twisted. Granted you don't have the religious rules or limitations like the Duggars, but you'd have to listen to those horrible whiny voices all the time. And from the few scenes I've watched from the show, the Kardashians seem so damn bored all of the time. It was like they had to make up fights with each other just to fill the day. Pretty much my nightmare.

I guess I could be Kiara Kardashian, the introverted, booty-less sister who's always off somewhere else and throws everyone side eye at a few family holidays.

So far I'm leaning towards Being a Duggar daughter over a Kardashian. Mainly because that really tight, pulled back, plastic surgery face that the older members of the family have really, really scares the hell out of me. Like worse than clowns.

Plus I really like kids and hanging out at home, and actually like the way the Duggar's dress now. On the other hand, I wouldn't run screaming from Kanye, as long as he didn't talk, he is pretty attractive, IMO, until he opens his mouth. Hmmm...guess I'm still undecided.

The topic is what would be the WORST family to be in,not the best one! :)

Yes, but most people are answering this question:

if you HAD to be either a Duggar or a Kardashian, which would you be?

I'd rather be a Kardashian. At least they have options. And while they annoy me, actually being one wouldn't be bad.

Duggars=boring. Their lives are a bunch of "cannots". You can't go anywhere alone. You can't go away to college. You can't join the military. Can't have your own taste in music, movies or books. Can't get any job you want. Can't marry who you want. Can't have private conversations. No females im pants. Can't have any emotion but happy.

I think I'd pick being a Kardashian, frankly. I'd prefer it if I could be adopted into the family, say, now rather than being born into them (I shudder to think what I would be like if Kris Jenner was my mom), but I'd rather live in a vapid, plastic world than live in a world where I'm nothing more than a future baby factory with no other options in life. While Kim K isn't exactly the brightest bulb in the box or a particularly nice woman from what I can tell, I will give her credit for being a somewhat savvy businesswoman, and being quite good at marketing herself (though she needs to tell Kanye to stop dressing her, because a lot of what he picks for her looks TERRIBLE). She's vapid and vain and not terribly intelligent, but at least she can do stuff with her life. Same with her other sisters. Also, if I could hang out with Kanye West, that would be pretty cool (I might be in the minority on this forum, but I like his music).

Though in a way, I think the Kardashians and the Duggars are more similar than people think. Selfish moms who only think about promoting themselves and how to market their daughters and are overly fixated on how many babies their daughters pop out, dragging their daughters' boyfriends/fiances/husbands into the media circus of their lives whether they're willing or not, discouraging/not caring about their children's education (the Kardashian children, especially the two youngest ones who are now pursuing modeling careers, don't seem very well-educated at all, though at least they went to actual school), not terribly involved dad who probably tries his best but has no idea what he's doing, saturating our television screens until we can't take it anymore...

I have said this other places on this forum, but the Kardashians and Duggars are two sides of the same coin to me. They both have oppressive and hard to meet standards. They both pimp their children (and their children's sexuality) out for financial gain. They both place little to no value on education (though a couple of the kardashians do have college degrees). They are both disconnected from reality. Just because one family does it naked and one family does it under the banner of religion does not make their behaviors that differently.

THAT SAID, while the Kardashian daughters made their money from their mom pimping them, they are financially independent. Kendell, who is only 18, just bought herself a multi million dollar apartment in NYC. In the Duggar family, even the married children live on Duggar property. Further, the Kardashians attended real schools, they are exposed to people from different backgrounds and ideas, etc. It is a lot easier for a Kardashian to leave their bubble than a duggar.

1. Obviously we all read it as "Which reality family would you like to be a part of ?" (lol)

Duggars, Boo-boos, Kardashians, Bates, K8s, Braxtons, Kodyites, Little Couple. Choices, choices.

Bates family--90 gazillion kids, fundy religion rules up the wazoo, Nathan Bedford Forrest shrine NO

K8s--uptight, controlling, OCDing, narcissist mom NO

Kodyites---multiple wives, tons o' kids, Mormon stuff (wives, speshul underwears), NO

Braxtons--sisters, issues, sister issues, lots of cray cray here NO

Duggars--90 gazillion kids, fundy religion rules up the wazoo, JimBob and Michelle NO

Boo-boos---lots of love, bad fashion, bad diet, too redneck NO

Little Couple--lots of love, everything is small, Texas NO

Kardashians---Kanye, Kris (if she is managing you), they love each other, lots of cash *YES*

Kardashians over the Little Couple because cash and stupid is better than Texas and small stuff

Kardashians over the Boo-boos because cash and stupidity is better than just stupid.

I could be the Karen, the book reading Kardashian.

Archived