IGNORED

Polygamist Christian Family on Sister Wives

DuggarTime

I'm only just now watching this (was on vacation), and this guy clearly thinks all women are interchangeable. "Yeah, I just wish I had another Rebecca to sit by and snuggle with me while the other Rebecca is in the kitchen cooking dinner." wth?

So.....I used to lurk in a polygamy yahoo group. it was a place for women who lived polygamy or were interested in living it could chat. There was one poster who claimed that there were four or five wives and they all shared a bedroom with their own single/bunk beds and the dh would just sleep in a different bed every night and they enjoyed hearing their dh with their sisterwives. ALSO the same poster said that her dh required all his wives to sleep with their hands on TOP of the covers so they wouldn't pleasure themselves in the night :shock:

There was another poster (or maybe the same one, I can't remember it was almost 10 yrs ago), who said the wives all had their own beds and they had a king size bed that was reserved for "celestial sex" only. I figured that was group sex maybe?

So if anyone is interested, check yahoo groups and also check out www.4thefamily.us, where people post polygamist personal ads.

I didn't see this on any other threads so forgive me if someone else has mentioned it. Did anyone else watch the most recent episode of Sister Wives? The Browns drove to meet some Christian polygamists in Missouri. Basically, these were fundamentalist Christians with no connection to Mormon theology whose "call" to polygamy came from the Bible. According to the first wife, they believe there are a variety of examples of marriage in the Bible, some polygamous, some monogamous and they felt called to follow the polygamist examples. She also mentioned that they know of lots of other families of "Christian polygamists," including some where all the adults share a bedroom!! :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock:

I've done some cursory googling but does anyone know anything else about this movement? Any blogs out there you've found etc? (It seems like they sometimes call themselves "Biblical polygamists" too, I guess to distinguish themselves from "Book of Mormon polygamists.") Anyway, if there's anyone else out there researching this group, let me know what you're finding!

Not a blog, but you might check out the forums at biblicalfamilies.org .

So I watched it last night, and the Richard family surprised me in a good way. Yes, it does seem kind of strange that people who weren't raised in a culture of ''polygamy'' choose this lifestyle, but from what I saw of them, they seem to be a bit more live-and-let-live. During the conversation about bedroom-sharing, it was kind of funny to see the Brown's shocked faces. They are the ones going around every platform, saying they want to be respected for their lifestyle, but they get judgmental of other people's choices. Typical...

Funnily enough, one of the wives (can't remember her name) in the Richard family seemed to find the Brown's reaction quite amusing too. I was glad that she just seemed to say: ''Hey, so what if you sleep in the same bed? Whatever makes it work in your family, I can't judge.''

I didn't think the Richards were speaking about themselves sharing a bed. It sounded to me as though they were speaking of others they knew who practiced that way. Kody responded to that remark by saying you never share the wives bed or kitchen (noting he found out sharing a kitchen was not good from living in their old Utah home).

Funnily enough I assumed it was a discreet way of saying they share a bed "well, um, we've heard of some people who do..." There house looked tiny enough that there isn't going to be a lot of room with 3 adults and 9 kids. Plus I thought that Daddy Richard's "biblical" polygamy was an excuse to bring another woman into the house.

Funnily enough I assumed it was a discreet way of saying they share a bed "well, um, we've heard of some people who do..." There house looked tiny enough that there isn't going to be a lot of room with 3 adults and 9 kids. Plus I thought that Daddy Richard's "biblical" polygamy was an excuse to bring another woman into the house.

Yeah, I could see that take,as well!

I agree about Daddy Richard's lust. And whistling up the children...in age order??

WTF :angry-banghead:

They have been polygamist for less then 5 years and the husband had a "calling" while his wife was making cookies that he should have someone to cuddle with on the couch?

They seemed like a combo or the Browns and Duggars, did anyone notice how they use J.O.Y. and had the kids line up like the old Duggar episodes?

Then they admit to watching sister wives and then become polygamists?

I didn't appreciate Kody making jokes about the Richards dinner. Kody and his ponytail are no prize. AT least the Richards live in one house and eat together.

They seemed like a combo or the Browns and Duggars, did anyone notice how they use J.O.Y. and had the kids line up like the old Duggar episodes?

Then they admit to watching sister wives and then become polygamists?

I forgot about that! I thought it seemed like they were trying to be like the family in the Sound of Music movie.

I remember learning j.o.y. like that too. I think it must be one of those Sunday school lessons that gets repeated a lot because it does require any preparation on the speaker's part. :lol:

To me it seemed like the second wife was more of a nanny with benefits. She had no kids and was raising the other wife's 9... and I agree that it seemed like they were testing the waters and would may have admitted they all share a bedroom except for the Browns' reaction.

My take as well. Daddy wanted another woman. The biblical thing seems to be just rationalizing--not that religion commands it, ala the Browns, but just that the bible doesn't say anything against it, plus if they position themselves as holier-than-thou "christians" then they can't just do what other people do quietly all the time.

Archived