IGNORED

Why You Should Boycott Reality TV

doggie

Makes you wonder how much the duggers hide. we know jsut the way they act that there is some big hiding going on.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/07/04 ... eality-tv/

Reality TV is not exactly the unscripted, real life drama it claims to be. On the contrary, according to testimony during the hearing, most shows portray previously scripted scenarios. In many cases even the dialogue is written out in advance of taping.

Smith, who worked on the reality TV show Duck Dynasty, testified before the committee. She stated that writers for the Duck Dynasty ‘reality show’ recycled old episodes of the Beverly Hillbillies, using them as the basis for scripts.

These revelation are important because the reality TV industry has managed to avoid paying employees standard industry rates, as well as industry standards for working conditions, by labeling shows as ‘reality TV’. The label implies that scripts and actors are not used during filming, but according to much of the June 25th testimony, reality television shows do use both actors and scripts.

It’s no wonder reality TV show ‘stars,’ like the fake cast of characters from Duck Dynasty, have such an appeal for Tea Party republicans. Who actually believes that Phil Robertson’s offensive anti-gay comments were just off the cuff remarks, and not a scripted attention grab to boost ratings, that also just happened to coincide with the launch of an entire Duck Dynasty product line? The people who think that might also believe that Gilligan’s Island was a documentary film about a real shipwreck.

Duck Dynasty may be one of the worst offenders, because the show is not just scripted, but is written to promote right wing propaganda, much like Fox News. The show was promoted and hyped up by right wing media outlets who referred to the Duck Dynasty characters as ‘appealing,’ ‘real,’ ‘honest’ and ‘sincere’. Not surprisingly, the show makes headlines on Fox News on a regular basis, and the cast is always portrayed as a group of poor and persecuted innocents.

The reality of reality TV is that the success of individuals like Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson has been achieved through the illegal and immoral exploitation of hundreds of other people. Unfortunately, individuals that are willing to take advantage of, steal from, exploit and harm others, just to enrich themselves, are exactly the type of people that the “Christian†right seems to admire the most.

Author: Randa Morris Randa Morris has been a freelance writer for over ten years. She is an active political blogger and administrator for several social media activism groups.

I just saw the worst one ever, called "Little Women: LA". It is like real housewives but with little people. It was one of those shows that you sure it can't get worse.

Do you think there are people out there who think that the Duggars are completely real? I mean that the children are always putting on shows and singing?

Do you think there are people out there who think that the Duggars are completely real? I mean that the children are always putting on shows and singing?

Absolutely. There are people who believe the TLC shows like the Duggars, Gosselins, Little Couple, etc., are doing the activities and trips that they would do even if the cameras weren't there and the families are paying for them and all the presents and activities. They call people liars who say that it takes days to film a "one day" trip and that there are retakes and written lines. They believe the line that TLC is just documenting ordinary life and changing nothing. They even believe the holidays happen on the holidays themselves.

Absolutely. There are people who believe the TLC shows like the Duggars, Gosselins, Little Couple, etc., are doing the activities and trips that they would do even if the cameras weren't there and the families are paying for them and all the presents and activities. They call people liars who say that it takes days to film a "one day" trip and that there are retakes and written lines. They believe the line that TLC is just documenting ordinary life and changing nothing. They even believe the holidays happen on the holidays themselves.

:laughing-rolling:

On the 19K&C FB page, people don't get the concept that reality TV needs to be filmed far in advance. The day after episodes about trips abroad, people will post, "I hope you are having fun on your trip!"

On the 19K&C FB page, people don't get the concept that reality TV needs to be filmed far in advance. The day after episodes about trips abroad, people will post, "I hope you are having fun on your trip!"

Hahaha I would love to see the Duggars in Real Time

Yes, Lori Alexander. But then again, her intelligence would barely fill a thimble.

Reality tv is the furthest thing from real. Having been in attendance at multiple filming for two different shows, I've seen production manipulation of the talent and viewers.

Reality tv is the furthest thing from real. Having been in attendance at multiple filming for two different shows, I've seen production manipulation of the talent and viewers.

reason I don't watch it. fake realty shown as realty really bothers me. rather watch something that you know is fiction.

I go on Catholic Answers Forum and most peoe there LOVE the Duggars. There have been a few people who try to expose them but they get slammed by the majority.

It's funny becuase the Duggars probley think they are all going to HELL!

I just saw the worst one ever, called "Little Women: LA". It is like real housewives but with little people. It was one of those shows that you sure it can't get worse.

I must be nuts becuase I think I would watch this.

What are they going to say after they watch the wedding episode. They *have* to know that it's already happened... and the episode won't air until this fall!

I think all the Duggar apologetics need to go back and watch the first TLC special to be reminded what life was like before TLC came along. Had the TLC gravey train never came along, that would probably still be their life today, just with more kids. OK, yeah, they may have finished the tinker-toy house one day, but it would have been as well furnished, including a soda fountain. There would have been no trips to DC, Europe, Asia, Dollywood, only a trip to the annual Gothard convention. Joshie would have never gotten a plush job, Jill would not have had 1000 guests at her wedding Nada, none of that. They still would have been wearing frumper, making their own soap and eating fried boloney with boxed mashed potatoes for dinner every night.

I They still would have been wearing frumper, making their own soap and eating fried boloney with boxed mashed potatoes for dinner every night.

I think they would be living in poverty unless someone pulled them out. they were relying on realty and when that went in the toilet they would have followed.

Did Jill WANT 1000 guests at her wedding? I know I'd prefer something a lot smaller. Probably got sucked into it by dim bulb though.

When I read this on my phone the title comes across as Why You Should Boycott Reality.

Is it wrong I was interested I reasons to do so?

I agree that the Duggar TTH house may not be finished now. However, you cannot convince the humpers the way the Duggars live is unrealistic for even smaller families. They got debt-free by living in dang near poverty. Boob's income may have been enough to support them in the beginning, but it got harder with each kid so they needed extra help from the church. There is much more to rental properties than just collecting rent. You have to figure insurance and periods of vacancy plus upkeep. They may have been financially 'fine' before the show back when their were fewer kids, but their income and lifestyle would be no where near what it is now without TLC.

And It is amazing how many fans think everything is filmed in real time. Like Michelle's birthday makeover, they kept wishing her happy bday and it was like March. Some of them thought Derick and Jill had only bee together two months before their wedding. But they have aired some events few days after it happened like Macynzies birth.

But the bottom line is reality tv isn't always real. The only thing real is the famailies/participants but I say 50% or greater is staged and scripted.

I've watched reality tv, mainly to see the houses.

And how bad the Mob Wives and Mob Wives:Chicago could be (answer: pretty dang bad).

And The LIttle Couple, just to watch cute babies. And to marvel at the accomplishments of two people (the parents) who most people would've considered to be doing fine if they got to a middle-management position at a non-profit or something.

OH, and Duck Dynasty in its second first half-season. Then it got real old. Whatever.

Did Jill WANT 1000 guests at her wedding? I know I'd prefer something a lot smaller. Probably got sucked into it by dim bulb though.

It was filmed for TV. Which is more interesting to most viewers, a small, intimate wedding, or one that the media can shout had over 1,000 guests?

It was filmed for TV. Which is more interesting to most viewers, a small, intimate wedding, or one that the media can shout had over 1,000 guests?

My point was that that particular thing, unlike the rest of the things mentioned like bigger house and travel, might not have been a good side affect of the show from Jill's pov.

If someone refuses to believe that a "day" can take days to film, or that "several different days" portrayed are often filmed on a single day, pay attention to what the "characters" wear.

It's really bad on Sister Wives - a few weeks ago, Kody wore the same shirt, pants, and hair style (the same level of curl or flipping) for scenes which supposedly took place on 3 or 4 different days (and I am not talking about the Talking Heads scenes).

It happens on 19KAC, too. Pay attention to JB and M.

I should screen cap what I am talking about, the next time I watch. It's crazy.

Archived