IGNORED

Church Bans Children so Molestor can be Minister

salex

I saw this on Dr. Drew's TV show (which I never watch) last night while I was cleaning my office.

Looked for it on line today.

This guy has been screwing anything he can get his hands on since the 80s, it looks like, everyone knows it, sometimes they blame the women/girls and they still want him as a pastor. I am amazed.

Editing to add. just noticed the Jacksonville story was 2 years old, but here is an update....

But Gilyard’s lawyer convinced a judge to modify the probation so he can “minister to children under the age of 18 as long as the children are supervised by an adult other than the defendant.â€

blackchristiannews.com/2014/04/jacksonville-judge-modifies-probation-rules-for-darrell-gilyard-former-pastor-turned-sex-offender-can-minister-to-child-under-18/ The whole thing is a big wtf?

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A Jacksonville pastor who confessed to sexual crimes against two young girls is once again preaching.

Former Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church pastor Darrell Gilyard was just released from prison in December. He's now delivering sermons at Christ Tabernacle Missionary Baptist Church on North Davis Street.

"All these people over here are trying to do is worship, which is what you all ought to be doing," said one church member when asked his opinion.

Gilyard is now a registered sex offender and is on sex offender probation until December of 2014 according to the Department of Corrections.

While serving as pastor of Shiloh in 2008, he surrendered to police in 2008 and admitted to committing sex crimes against two girls under the age of 16.

Despite that past, many members of the Christ Tabernacle congregation have welcomed him with open arms.

"He's preaching the Lord's word and he can be wherever he wants to," said Lindy Brown.

"He's done his time. He's in counseling and we should give him another opportunity because God can use anybody at any given time," said Rebecca Smith.

Rebecca Smith, Gilyard's assistant, said she's been in communication with him over the past three years and he expressed interest in leading a weekly bible study.

"We've been in prayer and I shared with him that God didn't call you to lead bible study. God called you to preach," said Smith.

So he's now preaching on Sundays at CTMBindefinitely.

"Until they tell him he can't come back again," said Smith.

Because of that and his legal requirements, children are sent to a separate building and service. Smith says it's proof of how passionatethe congregation isabout Gilyard returning to leadership.

"I'm passionate about doing the right thing and the right thing is giving another person another chance," said Smith.

This chance also helps Christ Tabernacle out financially. Attendance was down, but with Gilyard it has increased."

I think it's a wonderful thing," said Brown.

Church members say it was the best decision, based on their beliefs. "That's what God would have us do. He would have us to appreciate everybody for who they are because none of us are without sin," said Brown.

Smith said Gilyard is not on the payroll at the church, so he's not being paid for his services. She does say he will most likely get donations for his services. Gilyard did not give any comments to First Coast News for this story.

firstcoastnews.com/story/local/2012/02/05/4416359/

I am speechless, but this guy apparently has been a known predator for years.

This the following article is from 1991! and they are blaming the girls / women in this one.

Darrell Gilyard, a charismatic young preacher who achieved nationwide attention as a protege of the Rev. Jerry Falwell, resigned Wednesday as pastor of Victory Baptist Church of Richardson amid charges of sexual improprieties with female members of several churches.

Mr. Gilyard confirmed his resignation in a brief appearance Wednesday evening before the Victory congregation. "I offer you my resignation immediately without option,' Mr. Gilyard said, Bible in hand. "The only reason I stand before you now is because my love for this book supersedes my will.' Mr. Gilyard, 29, made no specific mention of the reasons for his resignation and could not be reached for further comment Thursday.

Longtime acquaintances and officials of the Southern Baptist Convention, however, confirmed that Mr. Gilyard was pressured to resign because of a growing number of complaints that he had behaved inappropriately toward women -- both in his own church and at least three other congregations.

According to church officials, counselors and several women involved, those complaints -- which began as long as four years ago -- range from suggestive late-night telephone calls to long-term sexual relationships with women he counseled.

A recent spate of allegations prompted an investigation this week by high-level Southern Baptist officials. Dr. Paige Patterson, president of Criswell College and a longtime supporter of Mr. Gilyard, said the investigation resulted in an acknowledgment of wrongdoing by Mr. Gilyard. "He has confessed to several counts of adulterous relationships,' said Dr. Patterson. "And of course, at that point, there was no longer a question.' Dr. Patterson said he did not turn over information to poli ce - authorities about any of the complaints he investigated.

The Baptist official said he did not believe there was any conduct "substantially unlawful.' Mr. Gilyard has been described by several prominent evangelists as one of the nation's most gifted religious orators. As such, Mr. Gilyard, an African-American, was highly visible on the nation's predominantly white evangelical speaking circuit. Mr. Gilyard was a frequent guest on Mr. Falwell's Old Time Gospel Hour, a weekly evangelical television program. Mr. Falwell did not return telephone m essages left Thursday by The Dallas Morning News. Those appearances gave Mr. Gilyard a nationwide following, securing his reputation as an evangelical star. That exposure to predominantly white fundamentalist audiences helped Mr. Gilyard's church, Victor y Baptist, become the first Southern Baptist congregation to attract a truly integrated membership. "He has unparalleled brilliance,' Dr. Patterson said. Dr. Patterson, who once taught Mr. Gilyard at Criswell College, had been one of the young minister's strongest promoters in Southern Baptist circles.

According to Dr. Patterson and other Baptist officials, Mr. Gilyard's behavior toward women had been a matter of periodic concern since his departure in 1987 from Concord Missionary Baptist Church in Oak Cliff. At that time, according to several prominent Baptist officials, Mr. Gilyard was removed as assistant pastor when several female church members publicly accused him of making improper advances.

Subsequently, Mr. Gilyard spent a year as assistant pastor at a Norman, Okla., church. After his departure, according to officials at the church, several women alleged similar sexual improprieties.

By then, Mr. Gilyard had returned to Dallas to establish his own congregation in North Dallas, Harmony Baptist Church.

After Harmony's merger with another congregation, charges of sexual misconduct arose yet again, according to Baptist officials and several of the women involved. Mr. Gilyard left to form Victory Baptist. The allegations were unresolved.

Dr. Patterson said that after the Concord incident four years ago,(That would have been 1987!) he counseled Mr. Gilyard, who is married, to "avoid temptations' in his contact with women. Dr. Patterson said he advised Mr. Gilyard to avoid meeting alone with women and to avoid lengthy personal counseling sessions that might breed gossip. "The point is that you don't do it. You don't put yourself in that position,' Dr. Patterson said. Mr. Gilyard did not heed his advice, Dr. Patterson said.

Although he acknowledged that the various complaints against Mr. Gilyard were known to him, Dr. Patterson said he could not have acted upon them sooner. Although he investigated, very few of the earlier allegations could be substantiated, he said. He added that he believed that the complaints involved some culpability on the women's part. "I would repeat that he is not the only guilty party,' Dr. Patterson said.

stopbaptistpredators.org/article/darrell_gilyard.html

What the holly hell. Are these people all off there rocker? what happens when he preys again and oh he will...come on its a pattern a blind hippo could see.... :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

How much you want to bet the people he abused were not forgiven? It always seems the forgiveness is only towards the offender never the offended.We see this over and over. victims are abandoned or even ostracized and they poor injured perp is a hero. I am sure this impresses the hell out of god.

This predator DID NOT have adulterous relationships! He preyed on young girls that were below the age of consent. WHAT THE FUCK DO THESE PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND? (Yes, I'm shouting.) :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

This predator DID NOT have adulterous relationships! He preyed on young girls that were below the age of consent. WHAT THE FUCK DO THESE PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND? (Yes, I'm shouting.) :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

this attitude is why rape is not a huge deal and why the GOP has been so stupid about what rape really is. Unless a woman is stalked in a dark alley wearing a burka and a virgin she is at least somewhat responsible.

this attitude is why rape is not a huge deal and why the GOP has been so stupid about what rape really is. Unless a woman is stalked in a dark alley wearing a burka and a virgin she is at least somewhat responsible.

now now we know it is the hussy's fault..she is in a dark alley and let be real outside after dark anyway and not with a male protector. :ew:

What does GOP have to do with it? Rape culture is alive and thriving across the political spectrum. That's why it's still cultural acceptable.

At any rate, it makes me sick. I'm sick to death of reading this stuff coming from the "church."

Sometimes I have to fight a desire to make "eye for an eye" the law of the land so that freaks like that "minister" would be repeatedly molested with a red-hot poker, and all his defenders given the same treatment.

What does GOP have to do with it? Rape culture is alive and thriving across the political spectrum. That's why it's still cultural acceptable.

At any rate, it makes me sick. I'm sick to death of reading this stuff coming from the "church."

I agree. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Yet, they wonder why younger people are leaving organized religion altogether.

the GOP has promoted this very thing that rape is not a big deal and the perp is not responsible.

It's teachings like this that bolster this kind of crap in churches. There is this whole mindset of "touch not God's anointed" (which is a horrifically misused and abused prooftext). Doesn't matter that a pastor's used his position of power to take advantage of others, either adults or minors. Doesn't matter if he swindled hundreds of thousands of dollars. Doesn't matter if he was involved in shady politics. Cover him (and cover his ass) because he's God's anointed and you're not allowed to point out his errors. If you say anything, God will curse you.

This takes different forms in different churches, but whether it's these particular types of evangelical church, or the FLDS, there is a setup where certain individuals are labeled as "anointed" and become practically untouchable.

Nope. And you know, yes. I think a person can turn around. But then again, I've seen a lot of messed up stuff in my time and I believe I'd find another church.

Archived