IGNORED

Fundie-light(?) family on America's Got Talent

CoatRack

They're definitely talented, but the matchy names and big numbers are suspect. I'd love to see more of them to be honest. Probably the best family group I've heard since delving into these fundie "ministries"

"Some families go for quantity, some for quality. But we ask, is it too much to ask for both?

God has blessed us greatly and we enjoy a rich and rewarding life. It is also a lot of hard work. With twelve children, just keeping their names straight can be a challenge. All twelve children's names start with the letter “Jâ€.

We like to enjoy the full spectrum of life. We do music, dance, art, crafts, writing, as well as horses, wrestling, homemade cooking, swimming in the creek, and snuggling up before our fireplace warming our log cabin. We even have a front porch swing.

We also work hard to become excellent at the things we do. Our children have won regional and national dance titles and placed in world competitions for both music and dance. The boys have won state titles in folk style, freestyle, and Greco-Roman wrestling.

We have chosen to take paths less traveled and love it. We hope to share a little of this joy and adventure with everybody we meet."

Definitely Christian: http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/lo ... /10261843/

I think they're probably conservative. They don't advertise religion all over their website, but it's there if you look. The kids dance. The girls wear pants and tight-fitting, short, and "immodest" dresses. The boys wrestle. The mom stays home but she did go to college.

They are quite good! I'm not really a fan of country music, but I liked it.

I hope they don't turn into another Christian act that pounds home their Christianity because I'd like to see more of them, but don't want to end up annoyed.

That littlest girl is adorable!

Ahhh yeah these folks. They're mostly local here to Nashville. They popped on my radar during the whole "sound of music" live auditions, they were one of the finalists. Definitely Christian, Grandpa is a minister, so they're very religious, but if they're "fundy" it's definitely the light side. For the most part I think they're just quiverful and like kids. Dad was a big Greco-Roman wrestler Bit of tragedy there, on the dad's side. There was a huge wreck about 20 years ago that killed I think 6 of the fathers 8(?) siblings in a horrible car fire. It's not hard to find info on them with google.

"But nearly 20 years ago, six of the siblings' aunts and uncles were struck and killed by an unlicensed truck driver in a Wisconsin accident that ultimately unraveled the licenses for bribes scandal."

The fall out from that accident took down a lot of people and is where the family got a great deal of it's money from. They moved here around that time.

I remember them from the Sound of Music thing didn't realize they were the same people.

That's sad about the aunt & uncles. Maybe that's why the father wanted to many kids.

I really like them.

The eldest daughter has a great voice and some serious star power, and the littlest is just adorable!

Here's there Grand Ole Opry performance:

Archived