IGNORED

Steve Maxwell thinks people with disabilities are ungodly

SPHASH

In this latest email he talks about how someone has to work to put food on the table, clothes on our back etc. And he tals about chores too-mow the yard, laundry etc. He uses this verse to back it up-And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it†(Genesis 2:15). He then asks if we would want to trade places with some who has is disabled and can't work. WTF! I'm all for working to earn a living, but to imply someone in a wheelchair or is mentally challeneged is ungodly is pretty shitty. At least that was my interpretation of it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess Steve doesn't know that there are disabled people who can and do work.

And that there are those who want to but can't for reasons beyond their control.

And that anyone, anyone can suddenly find themselves in a situation where they are disabled, through illness or accident.

Steve, for all his self-imagined "godliness", has no understanding, compassion or humility.

"but for the grace of God, go I", nope, he never heard of that one.

Of course Steve would think something like this! He thinks that someone who dosen't have the same work ethic as him r bad people.

What an asshole. He is the most "ungodly" of us all. I don't Jesus would like that.

I agree, in fact he might be surprised in the end where he actually ends up. At least, that's what I like to think about assholes like him. :angry-devil: :obscene-birdiered:

Guess Steve doesn't know that there are disabled people who can and do work.

And that there are those who want to but can't for reasons beyond their control.

And that anyone, anyone can suddenly find themselves in a situation where they are disabled, through illness or accident.

Steve, for all his self-imagined "godliness", has no understanding, compassion or humility.

"but for the grace of God, go I", nope, he never heard of that one.

Yeah, that.

But I'm sure he just thinks they weren't Godly enough and are being punished.

Adding to the despicable nature of this e-mail is the fact that he has a wife who suffers from chronic back pain and depression. He has intimate knowledge of what it's like to be sick and injured from the struggles that Terri goes through, yet he still chooses to write this garbage. This man has no empathy for anyone, does he?

well if you include mental handicaps he is including himself. How very christian of him I mean really Jesus just loves this turd of god to death.

Adding to the despicable nature of this e-mail is the fact that he has a wife who suffers from chronic back pain and depression. He has intimate knowledge of what it's like to be sick and injured from the struggles that Terri goes through, yet he still chooses to write this garbage. This man has no empathy for anyone, does he?

Exactly. He has a front row seat to to his own wife's suffering and if that won't make him empathetic, nothing will. A lot of people change their attitudes about things like this when it hits the homefront. That it hasn't....I just can't even.

The more I think about it, I think we are seeing someone just retreating further into himself, his dreary and joyless world, taking his hapless family with him, getting more and more out of touch with the world outside. He probably wasn't always this way. He wasn't raised fundie, got a college education, served in the military, worked what was proably a decent job in the corporate world but somewhere, something went terribly awry. Since being "brought home", he just descends deeper into the rabbithole over time, taking his wife and kids with him, it's so disturbingly unhealthy. At this point, I seriously doubt that any of his remaining unmarried children have a chance of ever getting out. The only way is marriage and their chances seem minimal between the family's extreme sheltering and dad's impossible standards. Nathan got out when dad wasn't in so deep and Christopher frankly, just lucked out and that was after a failed courtship.

I see dementia in his future. I wonder at times if he's suffering the earliest symptoms.

There's something terribly, terribly wrong there. If his family, who are mostly adults, weren't so under his thumb, they could report this to a doctor, do an intervention, something. Or escape it. That approach doesn't help dad but at least they don't have to go down with him.

It's bad enough to see this craziness but what it's doing to his family that disturbs me the most. I have seen some of this in my own Maxwellian family.

Not that it makes it OK to say what he said in his latest post however.

I see dementia in his future. I wonder at times if he's suffering the earliest symptoms.

That would be awful. Imagine what his poor kids would go through if Steve had dementia, they are trained to follow him and obey him, it could really get dangerous fast.

I don't even have a relative with a disability, but on behalf of the people here at FJ (and everywhere else) who do:

FUCK YOU, STEVE! :evil:

I wonder what Joseph's former bride-to-be would have to say to that. She has a brother with Down's Syndrome who, as far as I can tell, is as loved and treasured just as much as his siblings. Is his life of lesser value, Steve, because he'll never earn the money to pay cash for a house, or be self-employed, or beget his own domestic cult on some poor girl brainwashed into subjugation?

Once again, Steve has provided us an opportunity to applaud Miss Munck on her bravery, foresight, and breathtaking feat of bullet-dodging. :clap:

That would be awful. Imagine what his poor kids would go through if Steve had dementia, they are trained to follow him and obey him, it could really get dangerous fast.

That the family at home still follows him in complete lockstep and without question (because to question dad is to question god and risk going to hell) they have no way of discerning that what dad is doing / saying isn't normal. This would be particularly true in the earlier stages.

When there's a cultlike family dynamic in place, family members can't or won't see it for what it is, much less get help or take any kind of action because it's being disloyal to the "family leader".

At some they will go broke right? Something will have to change!

I have always wondered how much money the married “kids†actually have. I cannot see thir side businesses as having made enough money to provide for the individual families full time. I just don’t understand how they are all surviving. I can see that maybe Steve has saved up money from when they were flush with conferences every year to survive but I cannot see how the married sons can survive on what they make, especially not for the rest of their lives. They have no job history or education, other than the computer business that I do not believe makes that much money. What do they do when Steve's business interests come to a complete stop? As it is they have so few conferences that I cannot see them selling many of their other wares such as the debt-free book. I am in my 30s and I am already stressed out about how I am going to survive at retirement age and I have a work history and am educated. I wonder if this even worries them.

Doesn't Steve's mother suffer from Alzheimer's? I know that the genetic link to Alzheimer's doesn't seem to be very strong, but it's not absent either. I don't know when her disease became apparent, but Stevie might be at the age where dementia might be a worry. Dementia could be their worst nightmare.

Steve's first Grandchild was severely handicapped. She only lived a few days, but she could have lived longer. Does Steve find her "ungodly"??? How about Nat and Mel, were they "ungodly" and thus, punished??

Yes, Steve Mom has Alzheimer's. I believe Teri's Dad has it as well.

Exactly. He has a front row seat to to his own wife's suffering and if that won't make him empathetic, nothing will. A lot of people change their attitudes about things like this when it hits the homefront. That it hasn't....I just can't even.

The more I think about it, I think we are seeing someone just retreating further into himself, his dreary and joyless world, taking his hapless family with him, getting more and more out of touch with the world outside. He probably wasn't always this way. He wasn't raised fundie, got a college education, served in the military, worked what was proably a decent job in the corporate world but somewhere, something went terribly awry. Since being "brought home", he just descends deeper into the rabbithole over time, taking his wife and kids with him, it's so disturbingly unhealthy. At this point, I seriously doubt that any of his remaining unmarried children have a chance of ever getting out. The only way is marriage and their chances seem minimal between the family's extreme sheltering and dad's impossible standards. Nathan got out when dad wasn't in so deep and Christopher frankly, just lucked out and that was after a failed courtship.

I don't think he has dementia. I agree with you that he's retreating further into his own little world...he's crazy.

I don't even have a relative with a disability, but on behalf of the people here at FJ (and everywhere else) who do:

FUCK YOU, STEVE! :evil:

I work as an Executive Admin Assistant at the largest disability organization in the province where I live. I was reading the posts and thought am I allowed to post FUCK YOU STEVE so thank you for beating me to it. Our organization's mission is the inclusion and empowerment of individuals with disabilities. They can and want to contribute - unlike STEVE who is a waste of skin. :pull-hair: :pull-hair:

I bet my friend with spina bifida would love to have a nice long conversation with him. She is graduating college soon and despite being in a wheelchair, she is on a basketball team, goes to ballroom dance competitions, in a leader in several local groups for disabilities awareness/advocacy, and has a hell of a lot more going for her than all 8 of Steve's adult-babies combined.

Throughout most of history, babies born with disabilities were considered to be signs that God(s) was angry with the populace. Indeed, if an unusually large number of "monstrous births" were recorded in a certain year that was interpreted to mean that mass penance was in order. During the English Reformation, for example, Catholics and Protestants used "monstrous births" and natural disasters as evidence that God was for their particular side in the religious wars. However, this is 2014. We know that disabilities are usually caused by genetic problems and that people born with these issues are fully human, and not "monstrous." Given how pro-life Steve Maxwell claims to be, I would have thought that he would take care not to use dehumanizing language towards the disabled, but I guess that only refers to fetuses and zygotes. Once you're out of the womb, it's no sympathy at all.

Archived