IGNORED

So, same-sex marriage in Arkansas...

Caramel

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations SamuraiKatz! Wishing you and your wife a lifetime of happiness! :clap: :dance:

I follow news stations out of Fort Smith/Fayetteville and Little Rock on Facebook. The comments on the news articles they post - I don't even have the words. I can't decide if they're hysterical, sad, or both. As of earlier today, only two counties were issuing licenses, Washington and Pulaski.

This was on a friend of mines facebook (its a public profile)

Arkansas, you are going to be okay. I promise, just because we can legally marry, doesn't mean the state is going to burn. Calm down people. Just enjoy life rather then try to destroy the lives of others.

So the wife and I were at the Washington County this morning. We were couple number 6. Officially, after 17 years of domestic partnership, we are married. The county clerk has recorded our marriage. And there is nothing that Joshy boy or his hatefull posse can do about it.

There were a few lghtening strikes today. But we were expecting rain. There were no hailstones of molten lava. The courthouse is still out standing. And best of all 300 same sex couples are now legally married. 84of those marriages were in Washington County.

Congratulations!

:shock:

Thank you so much. We've been car "married" and house "married".....now we are just married.

Best Wishes for a Long and Happy Marriage! :D

Best wishes, SamuraiKatz!! May you and your wife have a long marriage filled with joy and happiness!

:shock:

Thank you so much. We've been car "married" and house "married".....now we are just married.

It must feel so good to say that. Congratulations. I wish you all the happiness in the world.

I'm not surprised either, but I think this will be just be temporary victory for the anti-gay marriage crowd in Arkansas.

Archived