IGNORED

So, same-sex marriage in Arkansas...

Caramel

Nah, he's too smitten with Robert Staddon. I don't see him with a Duggar boy, anyway. Not good-looking enough.

I don't think David Waller would be into Smuggar. I've always imagined Pecan Davy humming the tune of "The French Mistake" and telling Priscilla that it was a hymn, while he's dreaming of sweet fellowship with Robert Staddon.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And here's the Family Research Council's temper tantrum. It's on their website, too, but why give them the traffic:

http://digitaljournal.com/pr/1911435

No use in giving those assholes any unnecessary attention.

So the wife and I were at the Washington County this morning. We were couple number 6. Officially, after 17 years of domestic partnership, we are married. The county clerk has recorded our marriage. And there is nothing that Joshy boy or his hatefull posse can do about it.

There were a few lghtening strikes today. But we were expecting rain. There were no hailstones of molten lava. The courthouse is still out standing. And best of all 300 same sex couples are now legally married. 84of those marriages were in Washington County.

So the wife and I were at the Washington County this morning. We were couple number 6. Officially, after 17 years of domestic partnership, we are married. The county clerk has recorded our marriage. And there is nothing that Joshy boy or his hatefull posse can do about it.

There were a few lghtening strikes today. But we were expecting rain. There were no hailstones of molten lava. The courthouse is still out standing. And best of all 300 same sex couples are now legally married.

I was actually just thinking about you and wondering if you had gotten married now. Congratulations!

There were a few lghtening strikes today. But we were expecting rain. There were no hailstones of molten lava. The courthouse is still out standing. And best of all 300 same sex couples are now legally married. 84of those marriages were in Washington County.

Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!

Congratulations, SamuraiKatz! Here's to you and the new Mrs. Katz!

:shock:

I was actually just thinking about you and wondering if you had gotten married now. Congratulations!

Thank you so much. We've been car "married" and house "married".....now we are just married.

LOL..thank you. :-)

Congratulations, SamuraiKatz! I also recently married my wife. That said, would you mind answering some questions? I got married in MN, in a large metro area, so no opposition there (the only problem was my parents). I know the marriage experience had to be very different in AR, and now you're in limbo, which sucks.

1. Did you face any opposition from clerks/passerby/etc. while waiting for or getting the license? What about opposition after you got home and announced it? What have people had to say? How do you deal with it? Do you think there's more opposition in the South?

2. I was really lucky to be in a state that legalized legislatively with little backlash, so I didn't have to rush to get married NOWNOWNOW. What was it like to have to be rushing around not knowing if you could get married "in time?" Were you able to plan or do anything, given the time constraints? Did you have any uncertainty about getting married right then?

3. What would you do if you and your wife ran into the Duggars?

I hope you have many wonderful years together! (Well, you have had already, but yes, many more!)

Congratulations to you and your wife. I wish you many many decades more and hope you are celebrating and drinking Smuggar's tears.

So happy for you, SamuraiKatz. Congratulations to you and your wife. May you both have a lifetime of happiness.

Congratulations to the happy couple, and all of the other couples who have now finally been able to get married :)

Congratulations and may you have many more years of happiness!

Archived