IGNORED

Latest Seriously e-mail from Steve Maxwell

SPHASH

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please. Steve is ruler of his own little kingdom. You know damn well he hasn't endured so much as a little discomfort for his kids. His kids on the other hand have endured plenty of pain, in various forms, at Steve's hands.

Of course he has!! When they're sick, surely he waits an extra two seconds to be served. Such discomfort!

The helpmeet consensus is that this email doesn't count as private communication and can be posted, in part or full, as long as usual fair use conditions are met.

In that case, can someone post it and future "Seriously" emails? Pretty please with 3 animal crackers on top. :D

What would happen to those unmarried kids if Steve and Teri drove off a cliff tomorrow? Serious question. Those kids don't have the skills to run their lives and support themselves. At some point, Steve and Teri won't be there. They better start thinking about a Plan B.

There is no plan b in the maxwell home. God will provide for them. The children will be orphans.

Random guess: Maybe Nathan and Melanie are going fundie lite, and Teri and Steve are wanting to be close to stop it?

But realistically, I think Teri and Steve are getting older and long-distance travel takes more of a toll on them. Especially with Teri's health ailments. I also think they are wanting to stay home, closer to the grandkids.

Random guess: Maybe Nathan and Melanie are going fundie lite, and Teri and Steve are wanting to be close to stop it?

But realistically, I think Teri and Steve are getting older and long-distance travel takes more of a toll on them. Especially with Teri's health ailments. I also think they are wanting to stay home, closer to the grandkids.

Also, Teri's parents are getting up in years, and her father's health is not good.

They moved to be next door to Teri's parents to care for them as they age. So, maybe that's one reason they don't have so many conferences scheduled (although I really like the theory that people are just tired of their crazy shit).

Speaks so many volumes, they've got a full encyclopedia set. With free dictionaries thrown in. The unabridged Oxford set.

Dude, I know you didn't mean it that way, but I would attend every session of a Maxwell conference if it meant I got to have an unabridged OED. :drool:

Dude, I know you didn't mean it that way, but I would attend every session of a Maxwell conference if it meant I got to have an unabridged OED. :drool:

One of my profs had a two-volume Unabridged OED he got for about 80 bucks second-hand. STEAL OF THE CENTURY. He was a student at the time, but smart enough to know what they were when he saw them and threw finances to the wind to get them. Although, being a two-volume set, they do require a magnifying glass. :lol: Yeah, I would eat my left foot for a set, too.

One of my profs had a two-volume Unabridged OED he got for about 80 bucks second-hand. STEAL OF THE CENTURY. He was a student at the time, but smart enough to know what they were when he saw them and threw finances to the wind to get them. Although, being a two-volume set, they do require a magnifying glass. :lol: Yeah, I would eat my left foot for a set, too.

Ahem. We own the two volume OED complete with magnifying glass -- but it's Abridged! We bought it new for our second wedding anniversary for more than we could afford at the time, but it was worth it. FYI, the Unabridged version is a vast 20 volume set!

To our utter dismay, our precious 2 volume boxed set was somewhat chewed around the edges a couple of years ago. One of our newly adopted dogs had a real hunger for knowledge ...

More than we can probably say for the brainwashed Maxwell "children."

In that case, can someone post it and future "Seriously" emails? Pretty please with 3 animal crackers on top. :D

3 ANIMAL CRACKERS!!

Get thee to thy prayer closet, ye glutton!

Do you know where you will go when you die?

Of note I stopped at the store on the way home after work to pick up cat food and could not resist picking up a box of fudge covered animal crackers.

I have had more than 2. Sweet Jesus forgive me! They were soooooooo tasty.....

Ahem. We own the two volume OED complete with magnifying glass -- but it's Abridged! We bought it new for our second wedding anniversary for more than we could afford at the time, but it was worth it. FYI, the Unabridged version is a vast 20 volume set!

To our utter dismay, our precious 2 volume boxed set was somewhat chewed around the edges a couple of years ago. One of our newly adopted dogs had a real hunger for knowledge ...

More than we can probably say for the brainwashed Maxwell "children."

Now that you mention it, it was. My mistake. The abridged set is still highly detailed, which is why I got confused. And ugh. Dogs. Why do we still love them after all they do? :lol:

He posts all the emails online here: dads.titus2.com. That's partly why I was surprised that we originally weren't allowed to share their contents. Enjoy!

He posts all the emails online here: dads.titus2.com. That's partly why I was surprised that we originally weren't allowed to share their contents. Enjoy!

Many thanks! I thought he was only sending them out by email not posting them on the blog.

I just caught up with them all.

Jebus, Steve is so annoying! :disgust: No wonder he has disabled comments on those posts!

OT because the mention of the OED reminded me: I've recently read Simon Winchester's The Meaning of Everything and The Professor and the Madman, both about the making of the OED. I recommend them.

Back to snarking on Serious Steve.

Thanks for the link, VodouDoll!

Now, I am wondering who is that fierce looking dog is he is talking about? It sure ain't Honey.

Thanks for the link, VodouDoll!

Now, I am wondering who is that fierce looking dog is he is talking about? It sure ain't Honey.

New dog? Or perhaps a stock photo? Steve is beginning to get a reputation for being a little loose with facts. Meh, it has quite a pleasant expression on its face.

If it is their new dog, Steve claims she eats squirrels whole? Don't they feed her so she doesn't need to hunt? :pink-shock:

I had to read that post a couple of times. I finally decided that he was comparing himself to an aggressive dog only pacified by the scraps of raw flesh provided by his wife and children. Sounds about right.

His take home message: "May we love our wives and children because of who they are and not because of what they do for us."

Come on, Steve! What about letting your children be who they were meant to be -- instead of restricting their lives so severely that they all turn into little robot mini-steves serving your ego!

Good God. Those posts are about as stimulating as a block of cement.

I kind of like the Nathan and Melanie are going fundie-lite theory. I mean, in the latest family pictures, not only is Abby wearing a STORE BOUGHT DRESS OVER LEGGINGS, she AND HER MOTHER have their ankles exposed. In Melanie's case, even her feet are exposed! I believe Sarah, Anna, Mary and Teri all have skirts that firmly reach ankle length.

I have been defrauded. :naughty:

I kind of like the Nathan and Melanie are going fundie-lite theory. I mean, in the latest family pictures, not only is Abby wearing a STORE BOUGHT DRESS OVER LEGGINGS, she AND HER MOTHER have their ankles exposed. In Melanie's case, even her feet are exposed! I believe Sarah, Anna, Mary and Teri all have skirts that firmly reach ankle length.

I have been defrauded. :naughty:

And that dress is short - only to the knees. Nathan is not doing his job of protecting his daughters.

What I got out of reading all of those "messages," is that it is a real chore to love someone who does nothing for you, as in providing you with food, clean clothes, money. Mothers only change their babies diapers because they are obligated to raise godly children. Otherwise we would all have feral children, wallowing in their own filth. Men only work because they are obligated to bring home money, in order to raise godly children. You can't just love someone because they make you happy just by being there. He doesn't seem to understand that you can enjoy taking care of your family, even the less enjoyable aspects.

And that dress is short - only to the knees. Nathan is not doing his job of protecting his daughters.

Nathan and Melanie and their daughters have something that is unusual in Maxhell. They have a sparkle in their eyes to go along with the smiles.

Gee, I thought my parents took care of me when I was a baby because they loved me. Silly me, it was just obligation!

(Ok, maybe some days when I was fussy or had messy diapers it was just an obligation, but still.)

Nathan and Melanie and their daughters have something that is unusual in Maxhell. They have a sparkle in their eyes to go along with the smiles.

What is there to protect the daughters from, if they never leave their house?

OT because the mention of the OED reminded me: I've recently read Simon Winchester's The Meaning of Everything and The Professor and the Madman, both about the making of the OED. I recommend them.

Back to snarking on Serious Steve.

Dragging it back to the OED. Who has two thumbs and did the ugly cry at the sight of the shed that the original OED was compiled in? This girl!

Dragging it back to the OED. Who has two thumbs and did the ugly cry at the sight of the shed that the original OED was compiled in? This girl!

Ahem -- that's Scriptorium, not shed, young lady! ;)

Archived