IGNORED

Steve Maxwell asks if you are a failure

SPHASH

Just got an e-mail for Stevie's latest Dad's Corner or whatever he calls it. He asks if you are a failure. No Steve I'm not but you and your family are.

A failure in what? Cause Steve is a failure in parenting.

If Steve was a good parent, his children would be independent adults, instead of having a bunch of adults in their twenties and a 31 year old who have no disabilities that would make it difficult for them to be independent, living at home and being treated like a bunch of 10 year olds.

If Steve was a good homeschooler, his adult children wouldn't be writing at the level of a ten year old.

If Steve had really done a good job in teaching his children right from wrong, he wouldn't have to control them so much because they could be trusted to do the right thing when their parents aren't around.

Well, I am clearly a failure. I like to have f*n, and I refuse to think about death on a regular basis.

How can Steve Maxwell ask if anyone is a failure, if they are still alive to answer? Isn't his whole shtick that we won't know until we die?

Well, let's see....four children ages 20 down to 13: one works a full-time job and will be getting his own place this summer, the rest manage to study, read a lot of good books (from the LIBRARY!), attend two different churches, serve in the altar, sing in the choir, do service projects in the community, do social things with their friends and have a lot of FUN in the process! And they can write better than an 8yo, too. And my husband and I can leave town for a weekend, and do, knowing that everything will be fine and dandy while we're gone. Nope, no failures here. :D

Well, I am clearly a failure. I like to have f*n, and I refuse to think about death on a regular basis.

I drink Pepsi, eat as many animal crackers as I please, haven't worn a skirt since--I believe--1991, work, own my own home, and hate bean burritos. Fuck yes, Steve, I am a failure, and proud if it.

Little wonder Steve always talks about hell. It'll probably be more fun than his current existence.

Hi, Steve! :disgust:

Well heaven will be Maxwells only. So I'm pretty sure I don't want to be going there anyway.

Steve is a failure. He's terrified of woman and isolated his entire family because of his inability to be a man.

Steve is a failure because he has to keep his adult offspring at home and isolated for 'accountability' because he failed to teach them morals and values that would keep them 'pure' without 24 hour supervision.

Steve is a failure because his 31 year old adult daughter has no purpose in life; she doesn't even participate in the dog & pony show or singing crap; she just writes pre-teen stories based on her miserable life and takes pictures.

Steve is a failure because he reversed his vasectomy to make himself feel like a real man even though he knew it could (would/did) destroy his wife's sanity and grip on life.

I am not a failure. I have an education, I have a job and pay my own bills and support myself without needing a man. I have self control and don't need 24 hour supervision to keep me from touching a boy or hopping in the sack with him. I am a success because I take life's experiences and differences and embrace them and learn from them instead of hiding from them.

Steve...only an insecure dumbfuck would even consider asking that question of another person.

Steve is a failure cause he thinks that his way of living is the only right way to live. Along w/ what everyone else has written about Steve.

I'm not seeing this article linked to under the April 2014 articles header (at 11:30pm EDT). Is anyone else? If not, I think 1 Ton Ramp is a failure.

HoneyBunny, Steve now sends out e-mails with a short article he does called Seriously (seriously, that's the title of it). Because it's an e-mail communication, it can't be posted here, unfortunately.

SPASH, I'm very curious, what exactly was the context of this question? What type of failure is he talking about? As a parent? A businessman? A spouse?

Steve failed his job as a parent and screwed his kids over. At least I got a proper education and now my kids are getting a proper education, and living a real life. Unlike the Maxwell kids thanks to their idiot father. I can enjoy a Pepsi if I wanted to and even take my family to an amusement park and have lots of FUN. Unlike Steve who does nothing all day but read the bible.

By Steve's standards, I must be a colossal failure. I went to evil college and grad school, have always worked except when I was in school, lived alone for six years and loved it, gave away pieces of my heart, got married at 31 after dating (gasp!), and am just now expecting my first baby at 36. Oh, and I wear pants, ask my headship to do things, am a slack keeper at home, and went shopping at dinnertime today, leaving my poor headship to cook his own meal. Also, I'm not too concerned about where I'm going when I die. I am truly irredeemable.

Yeah, Stevie, I'm a failure. I started living on my own in my early twenties, was steadily employed until I retired and am happily married to a man of my choosing. I also got an education, and engage in actually hobbies that were not headship-approved. Mr. Snarky and I go out for nightcaps several times a month, and we consort with each other by choice, not because we HAVE to. Oh, and I wear skirts maybe twice a year, if that.

The best thing about my failure-hood is the likelihood that I won't have to see you or the rest of your Borg when I die.

If success means being a Mawell, I will continue to strive for total failure.

Amen to this! If heaven means I have to spend an eternity with people like Steve - I'll gladly choose hell.

To be honest though, I don't think heaven is the place Steve will end up in. The kids might, as I believe God shows mercy.

I’m sure Steve would think my father (both my parents for that matter) are failures. We were homeschooled, but given freedom to come and go as we pleased like any other “normal†teenagers. Had part time jobs through highschool, went to four-year, accredited, public universities, moved out on our own, got full times jobs post college, dated, got married, own our own home, waiting until we feel we are ready to have kids, grad school for some of us, etc. Gasp. If that’s failure to Steve then I’m proud to be a failure? :think: :doh:

Steve would consider me a failure. I'm 33 and divorced. I don't have any urge to marry again and I have no headship. My three daughters love to read, go to public school, wear shorts, and like to put bright pink streaks on their hair. They're even Girl Scouts. Oh the horror. I go to school and I interact with alleged criminals as I am a bail bondsman. Of course, we also love Jesus and do kind things for others, take care of family members, etc but I doubt Steve would be able to see any good in that. Besides, I'm getting them Easter baskets do I'm obviously damned to hell.

I have 4 undergrad degrees, am finishing up my MA, I have a good job, a cute little house, two cars, an awesome husband (who at this moment is cleaning the house so I can work on my dissertation), an awesomely independent seven year old daughter, a close-knit extended family, I've travelled the world a few times (twice all by myself), I have great friends, I can drink and eat whatever I like...

I would say I am the exact opposite of a failure. So Steve can go fuck himself.

I forgot to mention, my headship is a much better housekeeper than I am, and he cleans the catbox for me all the time because he knows it's the one chore I absolutely hate dealing with. For these reasons I am also clearly a fail-...oh, wait, no I'm not. :lol:

When was the last time Steve did a chore for Teri because her back was hurting, or because he knew she hated it?

Something to think about, Steve.

You know what, Steve? Although failure can be emotionally (and sometimes physically) painful, I've probably learned more from my failures than I have from my successes. Those failures have helped me grow as a person, taught me that it's okay to strain boundaries and take risks, made me less afraid to take on life's challenges. I know that even if I DO fail at something, the people who matter to me will still love me. I won't be judged, shunned or threatened with eternal damnation. No matter how great the failure, they'll still stand by me. I'm grateful to have had the OPPORTUNITY to fail, that I've been free to take chances and explore, rather than be swaddled in bubble wrap and taught to fear anything and everything that doesn't fall within my ever narrowing field of vision. So I'll take a lifetime of trying and failing over your godly prison of perfection any day.

Archived