IGNORED

11 kids under age 12

let-them-eat-cake

http://www.lifesitenewsDOTcom/news/asto ... e-mainstre

It was a chance for others to see that with some sacrifices it can be done,†he said. “Despite the fear that ‘you cannot survive,’ we wanted to show that it is possible.â€

Possible, but not probable for the vast majority of people, even when making "severe" sacrifices.

Can we have a proper link please? On a mobile device today.

lifesitenews.com/news/astonishing-story-of-family-with-11-children-under-age-12-hits-the-mainstre

here's the fixed link.

that woman has been pregnant for 8.25 of those 12 years. I LOVE being pregnant, and that sounds like a nightmare to me.

I'd actually like to see a large but nonreligious family. Unfortunately, we are not goign to get that with this family.

At the heart of large families is the surrender to God’s supreme rights over our lives and an embrace and love of His gift of children,†she said. “Unfortunately, this is a foreign and/or unknown concept that has been gradually lost over the last 50 years.â€

This is code for, "Not using your brain to make decisions."

In all the years of TLC having large-family reality shows, I don't think there has ever been one that was like, "We have a large family because we wanted to, but it's not for everyone and birth control is totally cool for other people."

Commenting on the Washington Post story, Jenn Giroux, founder of Speaking of Motherhood, who is also the mother of a large family, told LSN, “This is an incredible and fair portrayal of this beautiful large family. It is rare to get this perspective from a liberal media outlet.â€

:roll:

“Large families have a positive impact on society,†Giroux said. “At a time when our national birthrate is dangerously low...

:lol:

"...large families are ... raising the next generation of Church and political leaders.â€

:shock:

:cry:

Guest Anonymous

:shock:

:cry:

This is it in a nutshell. They just want to outfuck the rest of us and overrun government institutions with their drones-oops-blessings.

Well, too bad there were no reality shows when I was a kid, because my parents WERE, the, to paraphrase another poster "we-have-a-lot-of-kids-because-we-love-them-but-birth-control-is-totally-cool-for-others" family. We were raised totally WITHOUT religion, and we are all really good human beings. Of course, decent people my parents were, they'd have NEVER allowed a camera in their home to show their children. So, there ARE families like that out there...I consider ours one: We have 3 school age kids, and if I had more, I'd be pretty happy, if I don't, well, fine. But, you don't hear about people like us, because by and large we think the decision of how many kids to have is personal, as is how we raise them. Moreover, we don't believe our kids should be used to hawk our faith.

First thought! Dude looks like my uncle. Reading on, Kilmer isn't an irish surname, but he is a fellow maritimer, could have some similar genes in there. Scary. And strange, our fundies aren't quiverful (yet?) they do the long hair and demin skirt thing, but have average sized families.

The Washington Post article is much better. I found myself liking the family. The kids seem to be having a rather normal childhood, with play time, TV, a Wii, etc. And at least the parents admit that one-on-one time is difficult to come by, for kid/parent and for husband/wife.

It's obviously not for me, or for many people, but they at least seem like a mainstream conservative Catholic family who eschews birth control, not fundies. And they got quite a late start compared to most conservatives, so her child bearing days are about over.

Survival shouldn't be your goal unless you are stranded in the wilderness somewhere. People should aim for much more than just mere survival in their lives, especially when they have so much control over how many kids they have. I could probably survive with 11 kids, but it would still suck pretty bad for all of us. I'm not impressed with mere survival unless you fought of a bear or survived outside in a blizzard. It's sad that she things the only thing in life is just managing to survive.

I just don't like their attitude of "well, we've done it so everyone else could do it if they stopped being lazy & selfish and tried hard enough".

The mom kind of sounds like she hates her life. Maybe that's too strong, but the Washington Post article says she basically gets no time go herself except Mass at 6:30 and after the kids go to bed at 9:00 (but she gets up at 5:00, so it's not like she stays up late). They didn't make the big family lifestyle sound very appealing.

I was watching the CBS evening news a little while ago, and there was a report about children living in poverty. The report said that in the neighborhood of 20% of children in the US are living at or below the poverty level, up from 17% several years before ( I can't remember what year they said the statstics were from sorry). These quiverfullers are making this issue 10x worse. Just because you CAN do it doesn't mean you SHOULD do it. I would rather have 2 or 3 kids with clothes, a college fund, and a few family vacations (not needs persay but nice to have) than 8 or 9 kids who are all depending on the salvation army, food banks, and the church to just make it through.

Personally I always wanted 2 or 3 kids, but after I had my son with such severe disabilities I decided not to have any more, for both his benefit and the other kids' benefits. When he was little I could have never given him my full time & attention while taking care of a baby or chasing a toddler. I made this decision to give him a better life with more attention and money from me instead of spreading myself thin to an entire family. I have always thought that when you have kids, it becomes all about them, and my personal wants/needs are second fiddle. The quivers seem to have this insatiable need to keep having more and more to fill god's army, regardless of whether they can feed, clothe, or give their time and love to them. /soapbox lol.

I'm with alphaeta. The mother says that time to yourself is overrated, but then talks about sometimes she just has to go out and sit on the porch to get a moment of peace. A lot about organization, but not a lot about enjoying her children.

I mean, everybody's got to organize at least a little bit, but if you have so many little kids that that's all you can manage it seems like you'll miss out on the good stuff like, you know...getting to know your kids. Plus if they think groceries are expensive now, just wait until they have all teenagers! That's a terrifying thought!

I am of the 'have a large family and love it, think bc is fine' category and I was raised in the same type of family. My friend Lisa NEEDS her own reality show; she has six daughters that she unschools and is a liberal atheist hippie. We're out there; we just are not as interesting as the fundies because we look and act like normal families with a few extra children thrown in.

I wonder what would happen to this family if the husband lost his job and could not find another. It doesn't seem like a viable reality until it happens to you. It's easy to raise a large family when you have a nice home and money for private schools and matching Speedo swimsuits, but the romance wears off when you are living in a tiny apartment and have zero discretionary income. I wish someone had asked me these questions years ago. Not that I would un-conceive one of my children, but it's something to think about before the fertility fest.

I'm with alphaeta. The mother says that time to yourself is overrated, but then talks about sometimes she just has to go out and sit on the porch to get a moment of peace. A lot about organization, but not a lot about enjoying her children.

I mean, everybody's got to organize at least a little bit, but if you have so many little kids that that's all you can manage it seems like you'll miss out on the good stuff like, you know...getting to know your kids. Plus if they think groceries are expensive now, just wait until they have all teenagers! That's a terrifying thought!

One of those kids is 12. They're just now hitting puberty, if they haven't already...

Also, one of the girls looks scarily like me. Like, same hair color (that I had at that age, mine has changed in a just a few years, naturally), same FACE, except she has a smaller nose...

Archived