IGNORED

Man too delicate for jail time for rape of his 3 yr old

Chowder Head

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/04/01/du-pont-heir-robert-richards-iv-dodges-jail-time-raping-3-year-old-daughter-because-he-

Heir to a business fortune raped his 3 yr old daughter for two year but was only "sentenced to eight years of probation and community service because a Delaware judge said he “would not fare well†in prison."

WTH :angry-banghead:

Isn't that sort of the point.... that a person won't enjoy jail. ANd if he is really a target in a standard prison, put him in some White Collar Place... up with Madoff or some such, and give him a longer sentence because it is a less harsh environment.

Celebrities/famous folk can and do go to prison. Martha Stewart survived it and this molester is too much of a delicate flower?

Jeffrey Dahmer didn't "fare well" in prison either. But his heinous crimes merited prison. It's not like most prisoners thrive behind bars; it is not supposed to be fun. This guy committed a horrible crime. He does not deserve such concern about how he fares. Put him in solitary if there are concerns about his safety. Although he did not seem to have much regard for the safety and well being of his own daughter. I hope the child is protected from HIM for the rest of her life.

He is a grandson of Irenee duPont and a Richards who is a descendant of the Richards who was a founding partner in Richards, Layton, & Finger (it's a very prominent law firm in Wilmington). I will add this once a upon this story would NEVER have run in the Wilmington newspapers. For many years negative press about "The Family" (i.e. the duPonts) was not published. He is a sick fuck who should be locked away. At least his distant cousin John duPont wasn't into kids.

Just keep him away from the general population if it is that much of a problem. He should be locked away for life so he never has a chance of harming another child.

I haven't looked at the article yet. I'm going to assume that this is yet another glowing example of Rich White Man Justice, leaving a child traumatized. It makes me sick to think how many of these cases don't even make it to court.

The fitting sentence for this demon is to take him out back and shoot him. Also an audit needs to be done of the judge's financial assets to see what bribes were paid.

I wonder where the daughter is.

I haven't looked at the article yet. I'm going to assume that this is yet another glowing example of Rich White Man Justice, leaving a child traumatized. It makes me sick to think how many of these cases don't even make it to court.

Yes, though Cute White Girl Justice usually gets more time. In this case, the man trumped the girl.

It stinks all around, and not only from the judge.

I'm not convinced that there is any reliable treatment for sex offenders who target children. I'm certainly not convinced that probation conditions and checking in with a probation officer can in any way, shape or form protect the public. The case was not publicized until recently. He has a large house and lots of resources, so it's not like he's living in an apartment where neighbors would see exactly who comes and goes. He's an active threat.

update:

1) There is now death threats against the judge

2) There is now a petition to remove judge from her seat - justice system is backing her up

2) Not only did he rape his daughter but allegations are that he also molested his son

3) Police have not yet investigated the allegation of molestation of his son, they are getting to it. :angry-banghead:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... d/7247883/

His daughter didn't "fare well" getting raped by her dad, either. Fuck this judge.

There are people who have committed far lesser crimes who were:

1. Actually sentenced to time in prison and

2. Sentenced for longer than 8 years.

The first person whose child becomes a victim as a result of this judge's decision is going to sue the bejeezus out of the court/state. This wealth protection/instant gratification is going to come back and bite them financially. Only then will they learn the value of foresight. Enjoy now and pay later, bitches.

Not surprised this is a duPont. Mental illness runs in the family. In addition to this pervert and John duPont, Ethel duPont Roosevelt who was the daughter-in-law of FDR hung herself. Also Irenee duPont supported eugenics and along with his brothers and cousins formed the Liberty League who's main goal was to overthrow FDR back in the 30's.

update:

1) There is now death threats against the judge

2) There is now a petition to remove judge from her seat - justice system is backing her up

2) Not only did he rape his daughter but allegations are that he also molested his son

3) Police have not yet investigated the allegation of molestation of his son, they are getting to it. :angry-banghead:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... d/7247883/

I was very surprised in several of the articles covering this case, that the girl's name is printed out in the link to the court filings. Is this standard procedure?

It should not be unless a parent allowed it. Papers screw up and leave names in.

I thought in most cases minors names are not printed.

I was very surprised in several of the articles covering this case, that the girl's name is printed out in the link to the court filings. Is this standard procedure?

The only thing I can think of is that because it's his own daughter that it's obvious who it is. I still think they shouldn't have done it, though.

That poor little girl! I really hope she is getting some therapy at least. If I were her mother (or caretaker or whoever is her guardian), I'd get her as far away from Delaware as I could, get her some good therapy and help her live a better life.

I don't wish the judge harm but she deserves the verbal backlash. She probably won't loose her seat though. I hope if he gets arrested for molesting the son, he gets another judge.

Also, media should have withheld her name even if it was known.

Archived