IGNORED

Josh Duggar Social Media Part 11 - Seriously? 11?

happy atheist

TLC shows don't normally pay residuals. They don't go into syndication on other networks.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't wait to see what happens to all of the Duggars when TLC pulls the plug.

I can't wait until TLC pulls the damn plug.

I so want these people to go away.

I can't wait until TLC pulls the damn plug.

I so want these people to go away.

Every season I keep hoping they will go away but so far nope. Eventually it will happen and I can see Anna and Josh in some financial straits in the future especially if they have more kids. JB has probably socked away money for when the show ends but I don't see Josh doing the same. He may manage to hang on to the FRC job but even that's probably not going to on forever. Josh was recruited to bring in the young 'uns, so if he doesn't deliver, he's out.

She does, and she's getting that with Smuggar. She lives in a nice house, with nice furnishings, has nice clothing for herself and her children, nice vehicles, goes out to eat regularly, travels all over the place. She's living the fundie dream.

Will she always feel that way? Who knows, but right now for Anna, her life is pretty much perfect. There's nothing lacking in her life to make her want more. If she were struggling to feed and clothe her kids, she might feel differently, but she's in a great position that many would envy, fundie or non-fundie.

As long as Esther Schrader is living as she is, Anna can feel she has grabbed the gold ring..... compare the two lives open to these fundie raised women and which would you pick?

As long as Esther Schrader is living as she is, Anna can feel she has grabbed the gold ring..... compare the two lives open to these fundie raised women and which would you pick?

Anna has indeed hit the jackpot. Priscilla hasn't faired too badly either. Pecan Thief does have a job, they have a decent home to live in even if it's courtesy of ATI/IFBLP and they travel quite often. Materially she looks to have done OK as well. Esther OTOH probably has the worst deal a fundie wife can have. Tons of kids in a camper trailer, living off the kindness of others and a loser of a husband who pursues impossible dreams at the expense of his family.

I absolutely believe that this is the life Anna dreamed of, and she always seems perfectly happy. I've seen her tired, I've seen her stressed or annoyed, but never depressed, listless, or angry. I truly believe that she is one of the lucky ones who was born into the system and would have chosen this kind of lifestyle anyway. I could see her wanting six kids and being a stay-at-home homeschooling mother even if she's been born to liberal atheist parents.

I also think Priscilla is pretty happy. She's got her husband and she's got her baby. She and David, as weird as they are, actually seem fairly compatible. They have basically the same interests and goals.

Esther's life is truly depressing, however. I feel really sorry for her and her kids.

I absolutely believe that this is the life Anna dreamed of, and she always seems perfectly happy. I've seen her tired, I've seen her stressed or annoyed, but never depressed, listless, or angry. I truly believe that she is one of the lucky ones who was born into the system and would have chosen this kind of lifestyle anyway. I could see her wanting six kids and being a stay-at-home homeschooling mother even if she's been born to liberal atheist parents.

I also think Priscilla is pretty happy. She's got her husband and she's got her baby. She and David, as weird as they are, actually seem fairly compatible. They have basically the same interests and goals.

Esther's life is truly depressing, however. I feel really sorry for her and her kids.

I think Pris will become less happy when Paul gets bigger and she doesn't have a second baby or when she fails to continually have babies on pace with her friends/sisters. Over time, I think that Pecan's indifference to her and apparent indifference to sweet fellowship will wear on her. I don't think she realizes something is wrong yet, but I think she will eventually.

• 1 month later...

I think Pris will become less happy when Paul gets bigger and she doesn't have a second baby or when she fails to continually have babies on pace with her friends/sisters. Over time, I think that Pecan's indifference to her and apparent indifference to sweet fellowship will wear on her. I don't think she realizes something is wrong yet, but I think she will eventually.

Pris is pregnant now. It was announced a while ago. She is due in November.

I also think they're compatible and that Priscilla is even more 24/7 into Jesus than David is. My impression is that David does occasionally want to have fun and do things other than pray. Outside of wife and mother duties I can easily imagine Priscilla studying her bible and praying all day.

It'll be interesting to see how things evolve with them over coming years (assuming they, along with the Duggars, remain somewhat in the public eye).

One has to wonder, what happens to Josh, and the rest of the clan once the show is over. Fame is a fleeting thing.

Priscilla is into fitness as well. She's been seen running marathons and was pretty active while pregnant.

Speaking of social media, I saw Derick's Instagram and I'm pretty sure it was him wearing shorts in his profile pic. Can fundie guys wear shorts? I don't think I've ever seen any of the Duggar boys in shorts. Also, I think I saw his brother's Instagram, unless it was another family member, and he has a girlfriend. So is Derick really fundie? I'm thinking he is just turning fundie for Jill..

Speaking of social media, I saw Derick's Instagram and I'm pretty sure it was him wearing shorts in his profile pic. Can fundie guys wear shorts? I don't think I've ever seen any of the Duggar boys in shorts. Also, I think I saw his brother's Instagram, unless it was another family member, and he has a girlfriend. So is Derick really fundie? I'm thinking he is just turning fundie for Jill..

When Derick first became "known" (around here at least) a whole bunch of us looked at his Facebook and saw pictures of him in shorts, pictures of him in his university shirt, and so it's been decided he may be fundie lite. Especially with that hand on the back that Jim Bob pushed away in the preview for next week's episode, maybe then we'll learn more about his views, or at least whatever the show/the parents will allow us to learn!

When Derick first became "known" (around here at least) a whole bunch of us looked at his Facebook and saw pictures of him in shorts, pictures of him in his university shirt, and so it's been decided he may be fundie lite. Especially with that hand on the back that Jim Bob pushed away in the preview for next week's episode, maybe then we'll learn more about his views, or at least whatever the show/the parents will allow us to learn!

We've seen Josh in shorts before, and Joe I think (and Michael).

One has to wonder, what happens to Josh, and the rest of the clan once the show is over. Fame is a fleeting thing.

Well, hopefully, they've socked away enough money. I think the older/more well known ones could try to make money on blogging, TV appearances, speaking, etc. Or go back to selling used cars or being a slum landlord haha. Who knows how much money that would bring in, though. Probably not as much as they make now.

I also think they're compatible and that Priscilla is even more 24/7 into Jesus than David is. My impression is that David does occasionally want to have fun and do things other than pray. Outside of wife and mother duties I can easily imagine Priscilla studying her bible and praying all day.

It'll be interesting to see how things evolve with them over coming years (assuming they, along with the Duggars, remain somewhat in the public eye).

I think they seem compatible because the Keller women have been taught to want and like exactly what their husbands want and like. Esther does it, Anna does it and now Priscilla does it. I'm sure David "encourages" her to be active and healthy and she does it, just like Anna gained weight after her marriage to Josh and became smug. The husbands get to mold the wives. I'm not saying Anna or Pris are unhappy, but they are doormats.

Josh tweeted a picture of "my friend" Marc Morano on Fox News. Morano founded ClimateDepot.com, a climate change denial website secretly funded by Exxon Mobil.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Marc_Morano

Well that is not surprising. Smuggar is friends with such good people! :ew:

Some people like fitness, FFS. I think Priscilla has more of a personality than you all give her credit for. Good lord.

Well that is not surprising. Smuggar is friends with such good people! :ew:

Well then its not a secret, now is it?

See, I like kids in general. I wish I'd been able to have more than one, and wish (silently, of course) that my daughter had chosen to have more than one.

But I'm also a fan of being able to enjoy each child, particularly during those infant/toddler years, without having to worry about another of nearly the same age. A one-year-old is still a baby, and I don't think I'd be able to give both a one-year-old and a newborn adequate attention--I'd feel sad that I couldn't just lie back (well, more or less) and enjoy time with each of them.

I don't think either JB or Josh will struggle financially after the show ends. They both seem very frugal, and I think at least JB has been investing his money in commercial real estate, an investment that has been successful for him in the past. Personally, I think those two families will be fine.

The ones I worry about are the youngest Duggars. The fame will be mostly gone by the time Jackson needs to earn a living. How will he raise a family of 15 on his substandard education, an education that is likely to be far worse than Josh's because of all the traveling this family does? I think the youngest boys will have the roughest time coping financially, because there will be no show supporting them. They'll be more like the average fundie family, one step away from dire poverty.

Which makes me wonder--how much money do you think Josh has put aside? Do y'all think he is a good saver, and if so, if he is a savvy investor? Or do you think he is smug enough to think the gravy train will always be rolling in?

Archived