IGNORED

On Nekkidness

InkyGirl

So we all know that the dear fundie group hates showing a little skin - they like to be covered up and keep themselves from defrauding the poor manly men. I would like to know when nekkidness is ok in a fundie marriage.

Let me back up here - I have been married nearly a year (June 19th, yay!) and well, I like to be nekkid. :banana-dance: This is a newfound love, I discovered this love of the nekkid after I got married. I don't get nekkid in public or around anyone other than my husband, but I don't contain it to the bedroom or shower, also we don't have any children.

What are the fundie rules about nekkidness and modesty in the fundie home?

Hey, InkyGirl! Let's ask Bill Gothard! I bet he has TONS to say about how folks should conduct their marriages!

Guest Anonymous

I can't remember WHERE I read it, but it was some website telling about a woman who COVERED UP EVERYTHING all of the time, even her hair was not visible to her husband.

It depends, but I remember a big to-do in the IFBx circles I ran in a few years ago over somebody either preaching about or critiquing what somebody's wife wore in the bedroom. I can't remember if it was something about lingerie being immodest or that women shouldn't wear pajamas because they were pants, but I remember my pastor coming down pretty adamantly that they guy was a busybody and what a couple wore in the privacy of their own home was their business and nobody else's. Evidently, there are enough fundies out there who want to be the clothing/bedroom police even in private to make it an issue.

I'm glad I'm not so over the top fundy as I'm about thiiiiis close to sitting here in myownself nekkidness. :obscene-buttsway:

Guest Anonymous
Hey, InkyGirl! Let's ask Bill Gothard! I bet he has TONS to say about how folks should conduct their marriages!

Whether anyone else wants to hear it or not.

When I lived with my Mennonite cousins I remember the little girls being told off for running from bedroom to bathroom in just their slips (bare 10 yr old shoulders = defrauding?). I shared accommodations with 9 old order mennonite girls at a Mennonite Disaster Service camp, and they all went to the bathroom and locked the door to change - how inconvenient, with 10 of us sharing a bathroom.

I am nekkid now and my dogs are so defrauded they had to fall asleep.

I don't think fundies would be a big fan of it, because someone could walk by your windows and see your shoulders or ankles.

I used to love being naked alone in my apartment. It really saved me some money when I didn't have to blast the A/C as hard. But then I brought my cat to live with me, and even though he's good about claws, he simply does not like to lay on bare skin. So I wear pjs to lounge around in for his benefit.

There is a big difference between nekkid, and naked. Nekkid means you don't have no clothes on, and you're up to something:) Naked means you just don't have clothes on.

There was the cutest picture the other day on Tots and giggles. Showed a little one, naked as a jay bird, sitting on a beach with a bucket and shovel. Some fundies would be shocked by that. I think it's cute. I also don't get shocked if I see a little one streaking down the beach, or through somebody yard. Be free unfettered toddler bum.

We also have a house in this neighborhood with a big tall fence around it, and a sign warning that naturists live inside. I don't care, they keep their nakedness to themselves instead of shoving it in my face. It's their yard, and I appreciate the warning to girl scouts and Jehovah s witnesses that may knock on their fence.

Sadly, one our local beaches also made a list for 'best naked beaches' on the internet somewhere. It's not a naked beach (we do have one of those nearby), it's a family beach. Frankly, I don't wanna walk by with a grandchild and see some geezers stuff hanging out. WE do have a beach where that is allowed, go there. (and I don't care how they do it in Europe or up North) Though I do reserve the right to point and laugh loudly at these bozos.

I think it all comes down to what consenting adults do in private. And I don't care what consenting adults do in private with other consenting adults.

Of course, too many conservatives and fundies want to regulate what goes on in other peoples homes. They bitch about the liberals interfering in peoples lives, then they turn right around and do it themselves. Hippocrates.

Eh gads, channeling my inner angry old lady today.

You're lucky your cat isn't a pervert. My little fuzzbutt thinks boobies are fun toys. Look, you hit them and they jiggle! :doh:

Strictest of the IFBx churches I was at was: for women- top of the knee (or was it bottom of the knee?) to two fingers under the collarbone must be covered. Must have sleeves. No keyhole closures. No pants, coulottes, shorts, etc. even under a skirt. The skirt could not have a slit. For men- no sleeveles shirts. no shorts. T-shirts must be worn under dress shirts. To wear anything less was considered nakedness.

I think I only got in trouble for my shirt being too low- I think it met the two finger rule but was square cut so it looked lower- and one little girl who told me I was immodest because I had a dress on that had a keyhole closure at the neck.

I think it was Ruth that wrote about only being allowed to close the door for five minutes a day, to change. If it were closed longer than that, Daddy Dearest would wander in to make sure no one was... getting up to things.

On the other hand, they had to shower with a buddy in the room to make sure nothing was going on.

I still remember in my fundie church being told about modesty but then also being told that God means for you to enjoy sex once you're married and you can wear(or not wear) whatever the heck you want as long as you're not in public.

Im a big fan of walking around my house au natural. My pups actually know that when the clothes come off, I'm in for the night and settle down. I'm thinking the fundies wear some form of frumpy nightgown. A sexy teddy would bring about ungodly desires!

I'm all for naked. I sleep naked, and DH has been known to encourage me to run around the house naked. Not literally run around the house, although he wouldn't mind that either. I get home from work, and I put on fewer clothes. My parents said that when I was very young, I hated clothes and they'd often find me in just a diaper in my crib. My sister says I would cry when I had to get dressed, up to about age 4 or 5. During the summer, I'd typically live in swim suits, and as I teen I'd make it a bit more acceptable with a pair of baggy shorts over the top.

We spent most of our vacation at the nude beach. I'm cool with naked

You're lucky your cat isn't a pervert. My little fuzzbutt thinks boobies are fun toys. Look, you hit them and they jiggle! :doh:

We used to have one who would snuggle his head under them. My moms and mine are on the small side of average, but he loved my grandma's (we didn't inherit hers). He also would snuggle into my dad's belly. (this were things he could do while we were clothed.)

I also was one of those toddlers who would strip and run around naked. I still tend to get annoyed with clothes.

A semi-related question, and I hope this is ok to ask! Once the fundies are married and nekkid together, ready to make some babies, what er, practices can and cannot be done? I know anything that could be called "sodomy" is strictly forbidden, but how far does that label go? Like, what if the couple wants to role play a little scenario or something, or get sort of "kinky" or something? Is "fun" between married couples allowed, to a point, or is it strictly missionary? I apologize for any mental images I may have inadvertently created! :shock: No need to get too graphic in your reply! :D

A semi-related question, and I hope this is ok to ask! Once the fundies are married and nekkid together, ready to make some babies, what er, practices can and cannot be done? I know anything that could be called "sodomy" is strictly forbidden, but how far does that label go? Like, what if the couple wants to role play a little scenario or something, or get sort of "kinky" or something? Is "fun" between married couples allowed, to a point, or is it strictly missionary? I apologize for any mental images I may have inadvertently created! :shock: No need to get too graphic in your reply! :D

Not gonna lie, I'm curious too! :oops:

On nakedness: I can't WAIT to live in my own place and be naked all. The. Time. I'll go to my room to take a shower and end up hanging out naked for a couple hours - sometimes on FJ!

Guest Anonymous

I used to read the Choosing Home Boards and the fundie women there were quite open about dressing sexily in private for their husbands. Anna T (Jewish fundie) also used to write about wearing fewer clothes just for her husband. I dunno what happens in sight of the children though?

I think it is kind of expected not to refuse any reasonable request from the Manly Leader, in the bedroom activity side of things. :lol:

I would think some super fundies with children wouldn't go naked in the house for fear of their children seeing them. I mean, don't some of the more extreme ones think little girls can defraud their brothers? Incestual undertones don't seem to far out of the realm of possibility. Without kids, between husband and wife, it seems possible that they go naked a bit more, or wear things that are a little less modest. After all, if it's desirable to the headship, I don't think the wives have much of a say.

I think it was Ruth that wrote about only being allowed to close the door for five minutes a day, to change. If it were closed longer than that, Daddy Dearest would wander in to make sure no one was... getting up to things.

On the other hand, they had to shower with a buddy in the room to make sure nothing was going on.

Wow, kinky. And Daddy sounds like a perv.

I know that as recently as 50-60 years ago, may even today, fundie catholics wore big fluffy nightgowns, neck to wrist to ankles covered, but with a keyhole in an appropriate place for access for procreation. And they had to kneel at the bedside before getting it on to pray and reassure the Lord that they were going to have sex not for lust or desire but to produce a child for the Lord's service.

I think some fundie Mormons have worn their underwear as it was one piece with big slits in certain areas allowing for procreation. One thing about Mormonism in general is that masturbation is seen as a major sin, which could be why missionaries are always in pairs, to keep an eye on each other.

Archived