IGNORED

Ken and Lori Alexander, gallstones, and their nanny

Apparently, a man named Ken A, with an email very similar to Ken Alexander's, has suffered from gallstones for years. He is really into natural cures, especially one called a "flush." Apparently, he and the family's 20-year old nanny both suffered from gallstones.

I can't say for sure it's Ken Alexander, but I will point out that Ken Alexander of Always Learning has posted his email as kalexan328@aol.com on Lori's blog. The Ken posting about gallstones has an email that is displayed as "kalexan328@. . . " or I've also seen it as "kalexan328@a. . ."

Here's one of his posts:

Welcome to the group. Our nanny had gallstone problems since she was

13 years old. She was in the hospital emergency room for the pain

many times. One day... 2 1/2 years ago she came to me and told me

she had to have a $6000 operation to remove her gallbladder. I gave

her the FLUSH information and she did a flush immediately.

. . .

ken

aka kalexan328

Here's another one from Ken:

Date: Thu Jul 13, 2000 7:40am

Subject: Success Stories

I am curious to know how many in our egroup have had success with the

flushes where they had no attacks for 1 year; 2 years?

I keep trying to manage my problem with flushes because I have had

3 friends who seem to have flushed their baby stones goodbye!

Lucy is the most dramatic... She was our Nanny for 6 years and at

times we would not see her much and she told us she had stomach

problems. Years later she revealed that she had gallstones since she

was 13 yaers old and in Mexico the treatment of choice was pain

killers. Now at age 23 she was told to have her gallbladder out.

She was having regular attacks... almost daily!

Here's another that's just signed "ken":

Two years ago our 20 year old nanny complained that she had been told

she needed a $5000 operation to remove her gb. She said that since

she was 13 she would go to the hospital and be given pain killers

with regular attacks. Now she was having attacks daily and the

doctors wanted to operate, but she had no money to pay.

Her first flush produced grape sized stones,

her second flush two weeks later produced next to nothing...

. . .

Conclusion: The flush may not be a cureall... if you want a magic

bullet... go find an MD with a knife. You don't really need the gb

anyway... God just made a stupid mistake by including that little

sac...

. . .

ken

In 2001, Lori's kids would've been between 13-18. Interesting they still even need a nanny. My athiest 13-year old is pretty darn independent. It's also a shame that Ken just didn't give the money for the operation that her doctor told her she needed.

http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=2993

Edited to change gallbladder to gallstones

The flush sounds painful. Difficult to believe she could actually pass grape sized stones through her common duct. Amazing she didn't end up with cholecystitis or pancreatitis. You know, I think I'll stick with actual doctors for my medical advice and not someone who organizes orthodontists offices. Expertise- not something to dismiss completely.

Ken you're as good a physician as you are a husband

The flush sounds painful. Difficult to believe she could actually pass grape sized stones through her common duct. Amazing she didn't end up with cholecystitis or pancreatitis. You know, I think I'll stick with actual doctors for my medical advice and not someone who organizes orthodontists offices. Expertise- not something to dismiss completely.

Ken you're as good a physician as you are a husband

This. My husband had pancreatitis along with gallstones and it was not pleasant. Following Ken's advice would probably have killed him. :shock:

What does the flush consist of?

Probably the same crap MckMamma is pushing but with more water? I wouldn't be surprised. Sounds like a scheme big time to me.

Gall bladder issues don't just run in my family, they gallop, so I've had these cleanses suggested to me and members of my family. It's half a cup (or more) of a vegetable oil, citrus juice, and Epsom salts consumed after a brief fast. Sometimes you're told to drink a large amount of apple juice for a few days before the fast to 'soften' up the gall stones. This causes 'blobs' to appear in the consumer's bowel movements, which they think are gallstones but a product of soap formation of the oil. They're green, just as gall stones are, because they absorb bile during their journey. Side effects include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain. Almost all physicians think it's quackery.

Apparently, a man named Ken A, with an email very similar to Ken Alexander's, has suffered from gallstones for years. He is really into natural cures, especially one called a "flush." Apparently, he and the family's 20-year old nanny both suffered from gallstones.

I can't say for sure it's Ken Alexander, but I will point out that Ken Alexander of Always Learning has posted his email as kalexan328@aol.com on Lori's blog. The Ken posting about gallstones has an email that is displayed as "kalexan328@. . . " or I've also seen it as "kalexan328@a. . ."

Here's one of his posts:

Here's another one from Ken:

Here's another that's just signed "ken":

In 2001, Lori's kids would've been between 13-18. Interesting they still even need a nanny. My athiest 13-year old is pretty darn independent. It's also a shame that Ken just didn't give the money for the operation that her doctor told her she needed.

http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=2993

Edited to change gallbladder to gallstones

Would Ken think that God made a stupid mistake?

They had a nanny because Lori had long-term, significant health problems, including brain tumors but I suspect some much worse medical conditions as well. Ken wants all of the energy and reserves Lori *has* to be devoted to being his plaything and sex slave, thus there was never anything left actually mother her children. The mothering of their children was left to a young Mexican whom they failed to provide any healthcare and I have to wonder if they withheld taxes and whether she was legal given all of those details.

Sometimes, I really wonder of the vile and hate that Lori spews is a justification to not have to look at how horrifically SHE has been abused by that man. I know other women with chronic and debilitating health issues who tolerate similar things and justify them because they are terrified that they would be homeless and without any care if they left their abusers. Since they were SAHMs they cannot even qualify for disability for their medical issues, which leaves them entirely dependent upon an abuser to survive.

Interesting stuff about the nanny, especially since Lori has blabbed on and on about women should be taking care of their kids.

Chapter 2 Verse 3 of the Ken and Lori bible: "Verily I say unto you. Do as I say not as I do."

OK, Ken. We get it. You had a twenty year old nanny. Even when talking about gallstones Ken comes off as a creepy perv.

So, you are taking the approach that he really did act as a gentleman with the nanny at all times and merely *sounds* pervy in what he writes. Interesting take on it :think: I rather assumed he is simply a pervert and was as creepy to the nanny as it sounds when he writes it out.

So, you are taking the approach that he really did act as a gentleman with the nanny at all times and merely *sounds* pervy in what he writes. Interesting take on it :think: I rather assumed he is simply a pervert and was as creepy to the nanny as it sounds when he writes it out.

No. I am not taking that approach at all. Ken is a pervy jerk. It would not surprise me if he did act inappropriately towards this woman. He cannot even respect his wife and daughter. I doubt it would be much different with the nanny. I am simply saying he even sounds like a pervert when talking about simple gallstones on the Internet. He cannot keep his perviness in check when talking about gallbladder health. That is nuts.

There is something squicky about Ken and I have been speculated that he has cheated on Lori in the past. I'm not saying he slept with the nanny, but I agree with Mecca it wouldn't surprise if he acted I'm inappropriately towards her in some way.

They had a nanny because Lori had long-term, significant health problems, including brain tumors but I suspect some much worse medical conditions as well. Ken wants all of the energy and reserves Lori *has* to be devoted to being his plaything and sex slave, thus there was never anything left actually mother her children. The mothering of their children was left to a young Mexican whom they failed to provide any healthcare and I have to wonder if they withheld taxes and whether she was legal given all of those details.

Sometimes, I really wonder of the vile and hate that Lori spews is a justification to not have to look at how horrifically SHE has been abused by that man. I know other women with chronic and debilitating health issues who tolerate similar things and justify them because they are terrified that they would be homeless and without any care if they left their abusers. Since they were SAHMs they cannot even qualify for disability for their medical issues, which leaves them entirely dependent upon an abuser to survive.

If Lori had health issues that were so severe that they needed a nanny then I certainly don't begrudge them that. Luckily they could afford to hire someone to help with the children. BUT--has Lori ever mentioned, in all of her child-rearing, look at the awesome kids Ken and I raised posts mentioned this fact? Cuz, I have to say, if the nanny was actually "nannying" then she probably spent a lot more time with the kids than either parent did.

If Lori had health issues that were so severe that they needed a nanny then I certainly don't begrudge them that. Luckily they could afford to hire someone to help with the children. BUT--has Lori ever mentioned, in all of her child-rearing, look at the awesome kids Ken and I raised posts mentioned this fact? Cuz, I have to say, if the nanny was actually "nannying" then she probably spent a lot more time with the kids than either parent did.

I wouldn't begrudge them if they hired the nanny due to Lori's health problems. It annoys me because Lori has talked about how proud she was to be SAHM and she said that she homeschooled her kids for a few years. Lori has slammed working moms and stay at home dads quite a bit on her blog. I don't know if nanny has ever been mentioned on Lori's blog. It might have been mentioned, but I could have missed it.

I haven't seen it on her blog, but the pictures of her dd's wedding commented that the nanny held that daughter nearly non-stop as a child so that she would never cry. Obviously, the nanny was very involved in their lives to be treated like a second mother the wedding of the adult child. But, no, not surprisingly, Lori takes all the credit for the childrearing on her blog, afaik

Archived