IGNORED

Burkas anyone?

Lillybee

“My wife has a really good thing that she says: ‘If your clothing is a frame for your face, from which the glory of God is to shine, it’s proper, if it draws attention to your face. If your clothing draws attention to your body, to outline it, to make it noticed, then it’s sensual.’ What you’re doing is wrong.â€

Who says that God’s glory only shines from anyone’s face? Last I heard, God created the whole dang thing from face right on down to toes, so why is showcasing any part of it more or less proper? Hmmm? I’m not so sure He’s all that hung up on nudity anyway. Even when Adam & Eve were exiled, they only had individual fig leaves to cover up with. Kind of like a fig leaf bikini. I don’t remember any instructions for Eve to weave herself a fig leaf burqua.

Actually He’s probably up there, shaking his head in disgust and mutter about how he created these great beings, the epitome of his work, perfect in form and function, and then they go and wreck it all by covering up with shapeless sweaters and skirts.

Why don't they just start suggesting mastectomies at this point? Get rid of the great orbs of sin, that seems to be the relevant issue here. Yeesh.

But he wants the face to show, so no burka. I think the covering that goes head to toe but still shows the face is a chador? (Feel free to correct me!) I'm all for fundies in chadors. Make them easy to spot.

Damn, boobs and hips are just magical things! Simply by having these things I can control the thoughts and minds of countless men!

Why don't they just start suggesting mastectomies at this point? Get rid of the great orbs of sin, that seems to be the relevant issue here. Yeesh.

Which is weird, no?, given that fundies are forever going on about how men and women were made clearly distinct by God.

So, are we supposed to magnify our differences or cover them up? I am so confused.

Edited to add: I guess the key component is, if you're a woman, no matter how you're dressing or behaving, you're doing it wrong.

Yes that is a side-effect of clothing-- not only does it keep the wearer warm and protected from the sun, wind and rain it also accidentally advertises the shape of the body. That is why I am moved to start up a new line of modesty wear for women: Bumpywear. For too long men have been able to discern that a woman has hips, waist, and breasts even when she wears the loosest of frumpers, but with Bumpywear men won't be able to figure out what a woman looks like even if the wind blows, even if she gets drenched. The secret? Bumpywear is the long underwear with large random bumps sewn right in. Is that a breast near your waist or just a large tumorous growth? Is that the shape of your bottom or are you walking around with an ottoman underneath there? Are you 15 months pregnant or just carrying around a watermelon for lunch? Only the Bumpywear owner knows for sure.

Yes that is a side-effect of clothing-- not only does it keep the wearer warm and protected from the sun, wind and rain it also accidentally advertises the shape of the body. That is why I am moved to start up a new line of modesty wear for women: Bumpywear. For too long men have been able to discern that a woman has hips, waist, and breasts even when she wears the loosest of frumpers, but with Bumpywear men won't be able to figure out what a woman looks like even if the wind blows, even if she gets drenched. The secret? Bumpywear is the long underwear with large random bumps sewn right in. Is that a breast near your waist or just a large tumorous growth? Is that the shape of your bottom or are you walking around with an ottoman underneath there? Are you 15 months pregnant or just carrying around a watermelon for lunch? Only the Bumpywear owner knows for sure.

Love it! May run into a small problem though. I’m not sure how far the SOTDRT takes anatomy lessons. You could get guys looking at your model thinking “OH.MY.GOD – She has breasts everywhere! How did that happen?! NIKE, NIKE, NIKE (I will not look, I will not look, I will not look…)!†:D

Apologies if this has been noted, but Paul Washer is a regular with Scott Brown's NCFIC crowd.

It's thisclose to becoming mainstream, in other words, in SBC/"family" churches. Distressing!

Also Preacher man, I can clearly make out your muscely pecks and buff arms through your polo. You are defrauding me. Please wear a puffy shirt so I can't see things I shouldn't.

I think one of the ones we follow has nailed the look

fewtherebethatfindit.blogspot.com

etsy.com/shop/ModestlyCovered?ref=l2-shopheader-name

It's the smocks over the jumpers over the long sleeved shirts and petticoats that do it. This is an example of what they were selling on the etsy site

1.bp.blogspot.com/-eXiWS-eMBzA/T6wbSg-L4EI/AAAAAAAAAww/Z0q-d5wwsiA/s1600/polyester+sqare+example+2.jpg

I have so little patience with these morons talking modesty anymore. They can't make a logical argument, yet thousands listen to them. #feelingcrotchey

I think one of the ones we follow has nailed the look

fewtherebethatfindit.blogspot.com

etsy.com/shop/ModestlyCovered?ref=l2-shopheader-name

It's the smocks over the jumpers over the long sleeved shirts and petticoats that do it. This is an example of what they were selling on the etsy site

1.bp.blogspot.com/-eXiWS-eMBzA/T6wbSg-L4EI/AAAAAAAAAww/Z0q-d5wwsiA/s1600/polyester+sqare+example+2.jpg

Wow. That woman's "About Me" on that website... :pink-shock:

...now off to find the FJ threads about her...

Modesty Toddler Dress!?! Our toddlers have to be modest now? WTF Who is looking at toddlers with lust in their eyes?

Modesty Toddler Dress!?! Our toddlers have to be modest now? WTF Who is looking at toddlers with lust in their eyes?

I think that if anyone thinks a toddler is defrauding, then that person should never be allowed around children at all as it's a huge red flag that they might be a pedophile.

Wow. That woman's "About Me" on that website... :pink-shock:

...now off to find the FJ threads about her...

I find it highly ironic that someone who is undoubtedly vehemently anti-Catholic basically dresses like a Carmelite (particularly when she's sporting the brown). I would absolutely mistake her for a nun in that long headcovering...no Anabaptist or Protestant denoms that I know of wear one that long all the time.

WTH? Modest baby clothes? Anybody who thinks of babies in a sexual way needs to be locked up and removed from society!

WTH? Modest baby clothes? Anybody who thinks of babies in a sexual way needs to be locked up and removed from society!

Lydia of Purple, my gateway fundie, used to sell wee bloomers for infant girls because "it's never too early to start training modesty." I always wondered if anyone ever told her that bloomers were invented by feminists who wanted women to be able to ride a standard bicycle safely, and they were widely considered scandalous / ridiculous when Libby Miller, Amelia Bloomer, and Elizabeth Cady Stanton first started wearing them.

Archived