IGNORED

Have more babies or die trying (Kelly C.)

Hisey

Now don't forget she was a teacher and knows everything....

This makes me angry and sad. I think these women are so miserable in their lives thus the CONSTANT need to justify their large families. People ask you Kelly because they may know the children don't receive adequate food, clothing and medical attention. She has blogged before about having their electricity shut off. THAT'S why people ask..... out of genuine concern and disbelief that you would continue to breed when you don't have the means to properly care for them. And no, it isn't the pastor's" business" to be in the reproductive lives of their members.

Now don't forget she was a teacher and knows everything....

This makes me angry and sad. I think these women are so miserable in their lives thus the CONSTANT need to justify their large families. .

I really wonder what her education is like. I would be very, very startled if she had a B.Sc. or B.A. and a B.Ed. from legitimate universities or colleges...

Kelly has to constantly justify her uber-Christian-ness due to her sinful behaviour as a teen. :( That's why she's so horrifyingly bitter and mean-spirited compared to most fundamentalist Christian bloggers. She has way more to prove.

I really wonder what her education is like. I would be very, very startled if she had a B.Sc. or B.A. and a B.Ed. from legitimate universities or colleges...

Kelly has to constantly justify her uber-Christian-ness due to her sinful behaviour as a teen. :( That's why she's so horrifyingly bitter and mean-spirited compared to most fundamentalist Christian bloggers. She has way more to prove.

Those are the type of fundies that piss me off the most--the "reformed whores". Hey, if you were a little wilder when you were younger and decided that's not really you anymore, cool. But that doesn't make you better than me just because I don't regret my wild years. In fact, I think they secretly miss those years and that's why they're so angry.

I don't think this mindset belongs to only Kelly.....I hate how cavalier so many of them are about their multiple miscarriages, lengthy bedrest and NICU visits. The best way to keep your theology going is to convince women that their God will protect them no matter what. And the ultimate irony ( I think) is the huge amount of money that these risky births and pregnancies cost and most of them have no health insurance. Who do they think pays for that?

Kelly is a moron.

It's not a mindset that belongs to her. I know women who were told by other women they were not trusting God enough when they decided to not have any more children because a doctor told them they shouldn't. I also know women who have had miscarriage after miscarriage without ever consulting a doctor about why because, again, you need to trust God. This is a common line of thinking from the circles of IFB I come from. They consider having babies and a family to be something that is easy and a blessing from God. Medical issues are not recognized, kind of like how mental illness isn't either. If you have problems you must not trust Jesus enough. So pray more, read your bible more. Do you have a hidden sin????? And the worst thing is, most of these people who ask you these things really think that they are helping, really think that you really can have a baby if you just trust God more. You're sick? A pregnancy could kill you? No, that can't be, God never said that in the Bible! Just pray harder, I'm sure you'll be fine!

:cray-cray:

Bethany (Smith) Lane shared the article and posted about having more after a nicu baby and bed rest with the second one. I don't understand the logic of these folks. She's got one of each, she's familar with adoption having about 8 adopted siblings. :angry-banghead:

Not to mention for Bethany a very early first baby, an infection for her after the second, and in general, inadequate sleeping arrangements along with atrocious spelling on her FB page. It scares me to think of her homeschooling those poor kiddos.....

Let's hope Bethany and Danny's quiver is filled by God already.

Abortion is one thing (not saying I think women should risk their lives rather than have an abortion), but to put your life at risk for a hypothetical? A child who does. not. actually. exist., either in- or out of utero? Whhhhhy??

The why is easy to figure out using their "logic". The only value a woman has in this system is as a godly incubator/egg protector, That is IT, Even motherhood has no value, and can be picked up by any daughter-slave in the event of the incubator'a death,

As for adoption, it does not serve the same purpose as birthing you own arrows, Every biological arrow they have is proof of God's favor. More you have, more God loves you,

Whatever. Many people have no children and God loves them just fine. These people don't believe in overpopulation, even though they're huge contributors to it.

Abortion is one thing (not saying I think women should risk their lives rather than have an abortion), but to put your life at risk for a hypothetical? A child who does. not. actually. exist., either in- or out of utero? Whhhhhy??

This. I get not having an abortion even if it risks your life. That would be a very difficult situation, and choosing to stay pregnant would be consistent with their "pro life" beliefs. But we're talking about not getting pregnant in the first place. Do they think their hypothetical future babies are floating around in heaven, just waiting to kill their mother in order to come to earth? So these hypothetical lives are more important than the mother's actual life? If you're so "pro life", quit breeding and take care of your existing children. Feed them decently, educate them properly, don't work them like slaves, and don't beat them If you must have more, the world is full of orphans. Not that I think fundies need to be adopting, but if they did, it would at least be consistent with their "pro life" worldview.

Archived