IGNORED

What to do with all those frumpers

Blessing

Refashionista.net/2011/03/28/me-made-march-day-27/

I came across this blogger, who refashions sad to fab. Out of all the girls we hope will someday leave fundydom, maybe this could be an inspiration to them! When I left home, I had no money for a new wardrobe. Applying for jobs, looking for new roommates, etc., can be really awkward in a sad little frumper. This girl's blog can give lots of ideas on how to update those old looks!

Thanks for the link - she did a good job with the dress. I bought a frumper from a thrift store not too long ago, and I was thinking about repurposing it into a handbag. Awesome fabric, but terrible dress design, so it will make a cute purse.

Her rolled hemline for the sleeves looked pretty good, but I couldn't decide if her dress was a "stiffer" fabric like cotton or a knit. I recently lucked into a dress where the only work needed was to cut about 6 inches off the bottom of the skirt and hem it in. It was knit fabric, so I measured and pressed the raw edge into place with a hot iron, then secured it with clear scotch tape. It was super easy to stitch over the clear tape and then pull up when I was finished, and I didn't have to worry about straight pins holding anything in place. ;)

Wauw, she is good!

Thanks for sharing. I love finding dresses and skirts in nice fabrics at charity-shops, and usually I have a thousand ideas about what I'm going to do with them and then.....they just sit there. This is really good inspiration, also for a non-frumper-wearing non-fundie :)

Very cool. If I attempted any of that it would end up in the "Shit I fucked up" section of Free Jinger.

Very cool. If I attempted any of that it would end up in the "Shit I fucked up" section of Free Jinger.

Me too! haha. I love blogs like that, though. It makes me want to try!

Refashionista.net/2011/03/28/me-made-march-day-27/

I came across this blogger, who refashions sad to fab. Out of all the girls we hope will someday leave fundydom, maybe this could be an inspiration to them! When I left home, I had no money for a new wardrobe. Applying for jobs, looking for new roommates, etc., can be really awkward in a sad little frumper. This girl's blog can give lots of ideas on how to update those old looks!

Wow, she is so creative!

I sometimes shop at the Salvation Army store, and see oversized (to me) ugly dresses. It never occurred to me to buy them and transform them.

Oh, wait, that's right, I am a Home Ec. dropout.

I was really impressed by the fact that she blogged every day in 2011; a new outfit every day!

What an interesting blog! It does help that she's thin, so she's able to buy larger sizes and make them fit her frame. I wouldn't be so lucky, what with my long-standing love affair with chocolate.

Archived