IGNORED

Festival of Tights

Ralar

Hundreds of boxes piled high with tights of all colors, patterns, and materials, as well as pantyhose, leggings, trouser socks, boot liners, jeggings, and kids tights created a labyrinth that snaked in and out of several rooms on the 10th floor of a 34th street office building in Manhattan. This week is wholesaler Leg Resource’s annual Holiday Sample Sale, and a number of Orthodox Jewish women crowded the maze of brown boxes. For these women, tights are an important part of life—some wear tights as part of their daily wardrobe, winter and summer alike— (more) http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/153581/festival-of-tights

It's funny, but I think that the way I dress sometimes might make me look Modern Orthodox. I've done the long skirt with black leggings, turtleneck and boots, with my hair totally covered by a scarf.

I used to feel so sorry for the little Orthodox girls with their long sleeves and wool tights in the New Jersey summers when I lived there. They didn't look that uncomfortable, though. Do you think they just acclimatize?

Well, yes . For centuries females have worn layers of skirts and petticoats and stockings. If it's all you know, you don't think much about it.

Well, now we know where Doug Phillips is.

I miss your old avatar. It just jumped out at you like the Chucky with a knife

I miss your old avatar. It just jumped out at you like the Chucky with a knife

I did what I could, but it doesn't look as good now. I'll keep trying to find a better one, but they're scrubbing them!

I used to feel so sorry for the little Orthodox girls with their long sleeves and wool tights in the New Jersey summers when I lived there. They didn't look that uncomfortable, though. Do you think they just acclimatize?

Depending on the type of wool, they may not be too hot. A good quality Merino actually can be very cooling. The lady that ran the yarn shop we used to have locally worked out at the gym in Merino T-shirts because they wicked moisture and cooled well. Good wool socks will do the same, wick away moisture and cool your feet. I actually prefer knitting socks with some alpaca in it, because that ups the insulation factor and keeps the heat better. You can't get anything warmer than bison, I don't think. I haven't made socks from that yet, though. It's too expensive for my feet! lol It's the warmest hat I have; even warmer than other hats made from much, much thicker yarns.

/end yarn threadjack

Well, now we know where Doug Phillips is.

Thought this thread was about Doug (Phillips who is a tool)'s next Hazardous Journey, playing Robin Hood. Swords and tight--he is so there!

Thought this thread was about Doug (Phillips who is a tool)'s next Hazardous Journey, playing Robin Hood. Swords and tight--he is so there!

So did I. I miss snarking on Dougie. :cry:

So did I. I miss snarking on Dougie. :cry:

I have a feeling that we have not heard the last of Doug (Phillips who is a tool). His Redemption Tour should be starting any day now.

I do have a sadz, though. With this post, I am no longer an Anaconda Hunter. :cry: It was an honour I'll always cherish.

We'll always have tools...

Darn. I thought this was about the Niednagels and their weird obsession with Robin Hood and Maid Marian and "my sister, my wife" rhapsodizing. Is rhapsodizing a word? My phone does not recognize it.

Archived