IGNORED

Skymall

Lainey

It's that time of year again. In the autumn a young(?) woman's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of...shopping! :mrgreen:

So let's talk about Skymall, the purveyors of the unusual.

I need this: http://www.skymall.com/the-kings-royal- ... -food-wine

And this: http://www.skymall.com/enormous-african ... =330&sz=47

I also needed a T-Rex sculpture, but I don't think they have it anymore. It was bigger than the one I can find now.

I think I might need this, too: http://www.skymall.com/squirrels-are-wa ... th#start=1 I have a thing about squirrels. :shifty:

What do you need?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Kitty Washroom. Hands down, that's just too cute. I also got a kick out of the squirrel shirt :D And am I the only one who when they see a squirrel thinks "SQUIRREL!!!!" from Up?

I'm going to be traveling soon, and I know you folks would like to get me these to aid in my (non-hazardous) journey:

skymall.com/skyrest-travel-pillow/99010.html?start=2&catid=10980#start=1 Because I need to wrestle with another bulky object while going through security.

skymall.com/you-go-girl/TP185.html?start=70&catid=10980#start=48&sz=47 You know how crowded those airport bathrooms get around the holidays!

I wouldn't be a good houseguest without bringing a thoughtful gift to my hosts, like:

skymall.com/ten-commandments-tablet/DB-43010DT9.html?catid=10519#start=95&sz=47

or maybe:

skymall.com/easter-island-monolith-statues/GDTO161.html?catid=10519#start=1&sz=47 (I don't think this would fit in my carry-on)

No giant dinosaur, but if you believe in evolution this might work:

skymall.com/gargantuan-garden-gator-statue/KY-169.html?catid=10519#start=1

Edited to ad: The banner ad I get for this thread is for Skymall!

The Kitty Washroom. Hands down, that's just too cute. I also got a kick out of the squirrel shirt :D And am I the only one who when they see a squirrel thinks "SQUIRREL!!!!" from Up?

Nope! :lol:

I also need everything you guys mentioned. And this: http://www.skymall.com/28-day-mascara-g ... =solutions

I'd like the giant Lima bean that comes in a pot and sprouts after two weeks with a message stamped on it. Because clearly, the best way to communicate time-sensitive messages like "Get Well Soon" and "I'm Sorry" is with a medium that takes two weeks to complete.

I for one, want the gigantic crossword puzzle that covers an entire wall.

We actually had this in an office where I worked. It was pretty cool.

You know, with the Skymall offerings of dinosaur and religious garden statues, you could probably make your own Creation Museum in your own yard. I don't think my co-op board would go for it, though.

oooohhh maaannnn!!! I thought I had found some weird stuff, but obviously I haven't spent enough time on this wonderful website!!

IKR? They have stuff I never knew I needed until now, and I have 2 people in my life who have everything & are impossible to shop for when it comes time for the Holidays. What do you get for the woman who has everything? A wall sized crossword puzzle. She'll give me that sweet smile and say it's just lovely and the grandchildren will enjoy it so much, bless her heart. The best part? She'll really mean it because she's so dang sweet. Love that old bird! :D

ETA Where I come from in the South "bless your heart" doesn't mean "you're stupid", but means "well aren't ya so sweet & thank ya dahlin'" Just wanted to clarify. Yes, that's the way it's pronounced and my accent is thick as syrup.

I'd like the giant Lima bean that comes in a pot and sprouts after two weeks with a message stamped on it. Because clearly, the best way to communicate time-sensitive messages like "Get Well Soon" and "I'm Sorry" is with a medium that takes two weeks to complete.

Perhaps one for a future former significant other that says "It's Over"?

My daughter is flying to her dad's for thanksgiving. I'm going to make her bring me a Skymall magazine from the plane.

Perhaps one for a future former significant other that says "It's Over"?

Oooh, I like this direction. How about these:

You're Fired

Grandma's Dead

It's Not Yours

One issue had some kind of liquid that you add to cheap wine that makes it taste "aged." I always thought that sounded like the beginning of a post-apocalyptic novel. "Boy, things sure went downhill when that wine ager leaked into the water system and caused everyone to age rapidly . . ."

One issue had some kind of liquid that you add to cheap wine that makes it taste "aged." I always thought that sounded like the beginning of a post-apocalyptic novel. "Boy, things sure went downhill when that wine ager leaked into the water system and caused everyone to age rapidly . . ."

I'm just going to go ahead and pretend that that's how the Zombie Apocalypse started in The Walking Dead.

My daughter is flying to her dad's for thanksgiving. I'm going to make her bring me a Skymall magazine from the plane.

You have no idea how much of their stuff you'll discover you need ASAP. I was compelled to buy a Roomba after seeing it in the Skymall catalogue; it was as though my life was incomplete without one.

I would love an Ostrich Pillow- http://fab.com/product/ostrichpillow-36 ... sku=363254 (link not broken, commerce site). It's not Skymall, but it should be.

I need one of these! I wish I would have known about this in time for my birthday, it looks amazing.

I need one of these! I wish I would have known about this in time for my birthday, it looks amazing.

Yours would fill up with Chihuahuas. :mrgreen: They'd be so indignant when you wanted to use it.

Yours would fill up with Chihuahuas. :mrgreen: They'd be so indignant when you wanted to use it.

Ok, so I need 2 of them. You have chihuahuas, too don't you :P

You have no idea how much of their stuff you'll discover you need ASAP. I was compelled to buy a Roomba after seeing it in the Skymall catalogue; it was as though my life was incomplete without one.

Oh you don't have to tell me about the glory of Skymall! Every time I fly, I spend a good portion of the flight looking through the Skymall catalog instead of reading the book I brought. It's a thing of beauty, really.

Archived