IGNORED

Eternal life is a free gift except for when it's not.

SteampunkLovelace

Some of my more fundie fundie relatives just sent me a birthday card with a tract in it helpfully explaining that eternal life is a totally free gift, unless I don't take it, in which case I'll totally burn for all eternity once I die, and by the way, I could die at any time.

This seems kind of like the mafia claiming that their protection is a freely offered service.

Then there's the ones(Chick Tracts in particular)which tell you "All you have to do is accept Christ as your Savior!" then give you a laundry list of things to do after you've been saved: pray, read the(KJV)Bible, witness to others, join an(approved)church...

Yeah, I hate that. Gifts are supposed to be free, duh! But if I have to change how I act and how I think and what I do on Sundays AND spend 10% of my pre-tax income for the privilege, that shit ain't free!

I got a tract in my mailbox about a week ago that said 'will the dead rise again?' on the cover. I thought it was something for Halloween, but no, it was from the fundie (lite?) church near me. The artwork was kind of creepy - a picture of a hallway full of paintings of people who all looked like they were fading away, and someone standing in the hallway with their back facing the viewer. I didn't read the rest of it, though.

I got a tract in my mailbox about a week ago that said 'will the dead rise again?' on the cover. I thought it was something for Halloween, but no, it was from the fundie (lite?) church near me. The artwork was kind of creepy - a picture of a hallway full of paintings of people who all looked like they were fading away, and someone standing in the hallway with their back facing the viewer. I didn't read the rest of it, though.

I got this exact tract this morning. A very polite woman rang my doorbell and told me how they were giving them away all over the world (in various languages of course) and they just wanted to make sure that every household got one. I was just glad she didn't try to convert me or what not.

I think many folks believe that Jesus will return "once every ear had heard" and so by you getting the tract, you have heard and been given the opportunity to be saved. So, if they make xxxxx number of people "hear," we are all closer to the SECOND COMING!!!111!11!!!!!

I got this exact tract this morning. A very polite woman rang my doorbell and told me how they were giving them away all over the world (in various languages of course) and they just wanted to make sure that every household got one. I was just glad she didn't try to convert me or what not.

I had one of those!

It's the JWs.

Archived