IGNORED

New book on angry white men with MRA chapter

freehannie

Has anyone else seen the new book by Michael Kimmel, Angry White Men, that came out yesterday? He's a masculinities studies scholar who also wrote Guyland. The whole book is about what he called aggrieved entitlement, where men are angry because they feel entitled to power or privilege but don't have it and blame others like women, immigrants, etc. The chapter on MRAs is particularly good at illustrating this. I'd love to discuss it here.

There are also chapters on school shooter, tea partiers, and white supremacists but sadly no Christian patriarchs.

@freehannie

Sounds like a good read! Hopefully, our uni institute will order this one too for the library.

He seems to have obvioulsy hit home with his theory

So basically another liberal moron only slightly saner than Hugo Schwyzer.

Are you just going to ignore all the very well thought out posts and questions in the other threads? I still am trying to figure out what seduction looks like. And why your dates didn't work out. Was it you? Was it them? What are your expectations? Curious had some great posts.

Indeed Curious did and we all are pretty curious ourselves too! (I feel actually sorry that Curious seem to have put quite a time and efford in, still her post may hit empty space)

Besides, I also really would appreciate a answer to my question how he thinks he would have dealt with himself in one of this traditional and religious familes...

Come on Incel, that´s your chance to shine ! ;)

Indeed Curious did and we all are pretty curious ourselves too! (I feel actually sorry that Curious seem to have put quite a time and efford in, still her post may hit empty space)

Besides, I also really would appreciate a answer to my question how he thinks he would have dealt with himself in one of this traditional and religious familes...

Come on Incel, that´s your chance to shine ! ;)

I would to.

Has anyone else seen the new book by Michael Kimmel, Angry White Men, that came out yesterday? He's a masculinities studies scholar who also wrote Guyland. The whole book is about what he called aggrieved entitlement, where men are angry because they feel entitled to power or privilege but don't have it and blame others like women, immigrants, etc. The chapter on MRAs is particularly good at illustrating this. I'd love to discuss it here.

There are also chapters on school shooter, tea partiers, and white supremacists but sadly no Christian patriarchs.

Thanks for letting me know about this book. I took a gander at my library system's catalog. They only have it at one library but I know I can get it transferred to a more convenient location if necessary. I'd like to read this book and review it for my book review blog.

It does sound like a really interesting book. I'll have to check and see if my library has it.

It sounds interesting! My Gender and Men's Studies class read Guyland a few years ago, and I really enjoyed the discussion about machismo in culture, what role men are expected to take in family settings... very well-explained!

Archived