IGNORED

One righteous woman in a sea of talk show filth

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/10/filthiness-of-flesh.html

In bed the other night, my soul felt tormented like Lot's did when he lived in Sodom and Gomorrah for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard.

2 Peter 2:8

Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble, but she's doing the best that she can :whistle: It's tormenting to be righteous living amongst the wicked.

I watch some talk shows to get a pulse of what is going on in society and for material for my blog. One talk show has some fairly raunchy topics. I usually speed through them. This particular day every topic was so bad that I kept replaying what they spoke about in my head that night when I went to bed.

I kept trying to renew my mind with God's Truth and get rid of the polluting thoughts but it wasn't easy. I decided then that I was no longer going to watch that show anymore. I woke up and that morning as I was meditating on II Corinthians 6 and 7 God ministered to me ~

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? ...for ye are the temple of the living God...Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate,...and touch not the unclean thing...Let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfection holiness in the fear of God.

I love that! These shows are too filthy for her really, but she watches them for educational purposes. The blog you know. Talk shows are such an accurate representation of reality and all....yeah.

My flesh had become filthy from the things I had listened to. It was an awful feeling. Bad company does corrupt good morals. We are commanded to dwell on the lovely, the good, and the pure for a reason. Satan wages war with our soul when we fail to do this.

If a 50-60 something year old woman can be corrupted by watching a talk show then there are deeper issues. Just saying.

It is getting more and more difficult to do this with television and the Internet. Even when I go to my AOL account, I have to see disgusting poses of immodest women. Commercials are filled with them. We must be vigilant for the devil roams around like a roaring lion looking whom he can devour.

We are commanded to flee sexual immorality and not even have it be named among us. I want to encourage you to spend time daily in the Word and prayer. Listen to praise music and good sermons. Read good books. Be careful what you watch on television and the Internet. Never be passive while watching it. Do all you can to perfect holiness in the fear of God as God commands us to do.

And in the meantime, Lori will be watching the talk shows...it's for our good you know. Someone has to keep an eye on what Satan is up to.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/10/filthiness-of-flesh.html

Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble, but she's doing the best that she can :whistle: It's tormenting to be righteous living amongst the wicked.

I love that! These shows are too filthy for her really, but she watches them for educational purposes. The blog you know. Talk shows are such an accurate representation of reality and all....yeah.

If a 50-60 something year old woman can be corrupted by watching a talk show then there are deeper issues. Just saying.

And in the meantime, Lori will be watching the talk shows...it's for our good you know. Someone has to keep an eye on what Satan is up to.

This is awesome.

She "has" to look at pics when she goes to her AOL account? She doesn't take responsibility for anything she does, does she?

She "has" to look at pics when she goes to her AOL account? She doesn't take responsibility for anything she does, does she?

She does it for educational purposes and Jesus. How else is she going to keep her finger on the pulse of things??? :P

It is getting more and more difficult to do this with television and the Internet. Even when I go to my AOL account, I have to see disgusting poses of immodest women. Commercials are filled with them

I'm wondering why, as a supposedly rabidly heterosexual woman, she's getting so hot and bothered by immodestly dressed women. I will confess that certain immodestly dressed men have led me to think a few immodest thoughts (although it takes a tux for the really impure thoughts to surface) but the women don't have the same effect on me...

Hell must have frozen over, because I kinda sorta agree with Lori on something.

Yes, she's self-righteous and completely over-the-top, and that's totally snarkable. That said....some talk shows tend to be sensational and appeal to the worst in us.

More importantly - they bring out the worst in people like Lori, who tend to take things at face value and not use critical thinking skills. She watches crap, and then believes that it is an accurate reflection of the state of the world without thinking to herself, "some producer has purposely sought out the craziest people in the country and put them into a situation where they are guaranteed to act crazy, and maybe even encouraged the craziness."

So yes, I think it would be better for Lori to stick to reading, and to meeting people IRL.

Hell must have frozen over, because I kinda sorta agree with Lori on something.

Yes, she's self-righteous and completely over-the-top, and that's totally snarkable. That said....some talk shows tend to be sensational and appeal to the worst in us.

More importantly - they bring out the worst in people like Lori, who tend to take things at face value and not use critical thinking skills. She watches crap, and then believes that it is an accurate reflection of the state of the world without thinking to herself, "some producer has purposely sought out the craziest people in the country and put them into a situation where they are guaranteed to act crazy, and maybe even encouraged the craziness."

So yes, I think it would be better for Lori to stick to reading, and to meeting people IRL.

I agree with the bolded part. If Lori is watching something like Jerry Springer, there have been former guests who have said they were directed by producers to act certain ways during the taping.

Heh. I went to college with a pair who were cousins, but pretended to be married. Their shtick was he wanted her to have sex with a horse.

I'm surprised that she isn't praising The Talk for bringing on Jenny McCarthy.

That being said, all the talk of pollution, filthiness, and corruption by images and words makes her sound REALLY mentally ill.

Cynthia · 30 minutes ago

Minimizing television and negative internet sites and maximizing more worthwhile books and activities is a smart plan! While it's not necessary to become a hermit, media sensationalism often gives us a distorted and discouraging view of the world. It's far better to learn from encouraging examples.

If you're up to reading and are looking for a way to fill time without television, I'd suggest "I am Malala" by Malala Yousefzai. So inspirational!

I had to laugh when I read that comment. I think Malala is inspirational, but there is no way someone like Lori A would read a book written by a Muslim.

I'm surprised that she isn't praising The Talk for bringing on Jenny McCarthy.

That being said, all the talk of pollution, filthiness, and corruption by images and words makes her sound REALLY mentally ill.

Don't worry there will be some blog entry later on praising Jenny and Lori will say agrees with Jenny on the theory about vaccinations causing autism.

Oh Lori, thank you so much for putting your immortal soul at risk, all in the name of research! :roll:

Hey, whatever gets her through her day...

I had to laugh when I read that comment. I think Malala is inspirational, but there is no way someone like Lori A would read a book written by a Muslim.

It would serve Lori well if she would stop trying to "mentor women" and actually shut up and learn from someone like Malala.

It would serve Lori well if she would stop trying to "mentor women" and actually shut up and learn from someone like Malala.

It would serve Lori well, but remember that she is older woman who isn't supposed to take advice from younger women.

I don't like talk shows because they're very racist/classist. You never see thoughtful black people or respectable poor people, it's all screaming, dancing blacks and toothless, idiot poors.

So, you know, I just don't watch talk shows.

I wonder if she'll follow "Libby's" advice and turn images off on her browser. I suspect there will be an excuse not to. :mrgreen:

I think she might be the only person in the world still using AOL. Her internet is stuck in the 1990s and her views are stuck in the 1390s.

Awesome comment:

Why don't you chuck the TV? I got rid of mine several years ago and no one misses it at all. Remember too, if you're paying for cable, you are funding the filth.

Also realise that the flicker rate of television screens puts most people into alpha brain waves (i.e. hypnotic) in about 3 minutes. Curiously, that is about the time I start to feel highly irritated if I find myself in front of a television. It's creepy. That is why I argue against "minimising" it. Would you ever consider "minimising" any other evil you allow over the threshold?

The creeping corruption is insidious and we become desensitised quickly. It is a relief to get rid of the appliances of Satan.

Chucked my appliances of Satan <----We need this as a member title! :lol:

Awesome comment:

Here's what alpha waves actually are:

Alpha waves are neural oscillations in the frequency range of 8–13 Hz arising from synchronous and coherent (in phase or constructive) electrical activity of thalamic pacemaker cells in humans. They are also called Berger's wave in memory of the founder of EEG.

Alpha waves are one type of brain waves detected either by electroencephalography (EEG) or magnetoencephalography (MEG) and predominantly originate from the occipital lobe during wakeful relaxation with closed eyes. Alpha waves are reduced with open eyes, drowsiness and sleep. Historically, they were thought to represent the activity of the visual cortex in an idle state. More recent papers have argued that they inhibit areas of the cortex not in use, or alternatively that they play an active role in network coordination and communication.[1] Occipital alpha waves during periods of eyes closed are the strongest EEG brain signals.

An alpha-like variant called mu (μ) can be found over the motor cortex (central scalp) that is reduced with movement, or the intention to move. Alpha waves do not start to appear until three years of age.[2]

In other words, alpha waves are normal awake activity in the brain, not hypnosis. Every human over the age of 3 has alpha waves. The lack of scientific interest/education leaves these fundies susceptible to the silliest things.

Awesome comment:

Damn, and here I thought it was ok to just mark out offending words with a sharpie :?

Magic_Chef_MCSCM8TB_837965.jpg

Bitch, please! Change the channel or turn off the TV if it torments you so much!

Archived