IGNORED

New Jersey Legalizes Gay Marriage

Arete

Governor Chris Christie has finally decided to do the right thing after having exhausted all the other possibilities. As of 12:01 AM this morning (October 21) NJ became the 14th US state to legalize gay marriage. Cory Booker, who whipped Tea Party ass last week :nenner: in a special election for a vacated US Senate seat, began marrying couples in Newark as soon as the clock hit 12:01.

http://news.yahoo.com/mayors-officiate- ... 14025.html

Congratulations to all the newly marrieds. :D

soon we will have a grain shortage with all the cried and peed in cheerio's and corn flakes that needs replaced. Wonder when the fundies give up on trying to ban gay marriage. it is like a snowball rolling down hill.

"He's definitely guaranteed losing the Republican primary," predicted Brian Brown, president of the National Organization for Marriage, a nonprofit political group established in 2007 to campaign against the legalization of gay marriage. "When the going gets tough, throw in the towel? That is not what a leader does."

Too bad, so sad, Brian!

Congrats New Jersey!

I will give Chris Christie props. When the heat is on, he does what is best for his constituents and not for his party.

He kicked ass as a Federal prosecutor. I know he has Presidential dreams that are now quashed, but he did the right thing.

I will give Chris Christie props. When the heat is on, he does what is best for his constituents and not for his party.

He kicked ass as a Federal prosecutor. I know he has Presidential dreams that are now quashed, but he did the right thing.

That's true, while he might never get nominated for anything again, he did what is best for his constituents. :text-bravo: Chris Christie

:banana-rainbow: :gay-rainbow: :happy-bouncymulticolor::happy-wavemulticolor:

Yay for NJ!

ACT (State in Australia) has just passed legislation to allow Gay Marriage too. Go Them. But our stupid right wing religious homophobic Prime Minister (who has a lesbian sister who just got engaged) is going to waste our tax payers money fighting it.

Archived