IGNORED

What are these people thinking?!?

tinKanMacy

Hi, I try to stay lurking in the shadows, but I came across a video on youtube after looking up zipzacs (these awesome little toddler weelchairs) that made my head want to explode! This poor kid reminds me a lot of bathroom baby... I just had to share it with you guys.

I've only watched 3 videos from this person, the first two had some questionable parenting, but this one just is ridiculous! :o

Synopsis: large-ish RC truck is attached to toddler's zipzac (never heard of it, but it appears to be a special chair for children with mobility problems) and driven round a room. One parent is trucking, the other holds the camera. Neither seems to take any notice of when the toddler wants to examine something. Twice the chair gets stuck against a cube seat (parents eventually realise). Once the mother tells the child to take his hands off the wheels, presumably because the wheels are being powered by something other than the toddler. Toddler does not appear to be strapped in.

On the flat it's quite a stable arrangement, low to the ground and allowing manoeuvring and bumping up onto rugs. There are no incidents that cause the toddler to become even mildly upset.

I'm not sure this counts as ridiculous parenting. Parents are ignoring toddler's cues but given that it's a three-minute episode of doing something quite specific I don't think that means much. I would be concerned about the possibility of accident (trapping fingers in wheel, tipping over, truck crashing back into chair) but having watched the whole thing (tedious) conclude that the trucking parent knows what he's doing and was aware of the results (except for the very edge of the cube chair incidents, which lasted a couple of seconds).

I imagine that this happens occasionally to give the kid a ride, which I have no problem with - particularly bearing in mind that children with these chairs have special needs. At $900 it's not going to be a popular Christmas present, even for this toddler with stacks of toys all over the living area. Bathroom baby he isn't.

I am a little confused about the bad parenting on display. Kid's just getting a tow as best I can tell.

Hi, I try to stay lurking in the shadows, but I came across a video on youtube after looking up zipzacs (these awesome little toddler weelchairs) that made my head want to explode! This poor kid reminds me a lot of bathroom baby... I just had to share it with you guys.
I've only watched 3 videos from this person, the first two had some questionable parenting, but this one just is ridiculous! :o

Ridiculous? Why?

My sister was once pulling my 18-month nephew on a sled in their backyard. She said it felt a bit lighter so she turned around, only to find my nephew, several feet behind, lying in the snow. That's one of our favorite visuals to this day.

hmm.... Not seeing it.

People play with their kids. They play ride the horsey and occasionally the horsey bucks too hard and the kid falls off. They carry kids on their shoulders and children have been known to bump their heads on a threshold. They swing their kids in their arms and it's possible that the parent loses his/her grip.

None of those happened to me, but...

Once, I arrived home with my 6-month-old and I had to pee REALLY badly. For some reason, I thought it was safe to prop her in the corner of a chair with a cushion while I ran to the bathroom. Mid-stream, I heard a "thunk!" and a wail.

Maybe that's why she's acting all teenager-y now that she's 16. :think:

hmm.... Not seeing it.

People play with their kids. They play ride the horsey and occasionally the horsey bucks too hard and the kid falls off. They carry kids on their shoulders and children have been known to bump their heads on a threshold. They swing their kids in their arms and it's possible that the parent loses his/her grip.

None of those happened to me, but...

Once, I arrived home with my 6-month-old and I had to pee REALLY badly. For some reason, I thought it was safe to prop her in the corner of a chair with a cushion while I ran to the bathroom. Mid-stream, I heard a "thunk!" and a wail.

Maybe that's why she's acting all teenager-y now that she's 16. :think:

LOL to the bolded. I had a similar scene with my 8 month old. Now she's almost 8 years old and acts teenager-y. An explanation at last!

I tried not to "play" games that could be dangerous to my child. I was dangerous enough to her as it was. (Very clumsy and absolutely graceless.) I have no problem with the video though.

Archived