IGNORED

Don't go to college ladies

antares

And bloke has a young daughter :/

the-spearhead.com/2013/10/14/why-you-might-want-to-think-twice-about-sending-your-daughter-to-college/

If the article had been written by a male student, I doubt there'd be much discussion about "wrong" the author is. And she's quite pretty, judging from the photos on her Facebook account. Not at all the corn-stuffed Michelin Man suggested by the comments.

Ugh, that made my blood pressure sky-rocket.

1 - Note how he refers to her breast size. Pervert much? Not to mention the two comments on her weight - all in the first two sentences.

2 - Her observations on the existing Native American society appear to be correct, but I'm only a stoopid female with a degree in Anthropology so don't mind me.

3 - This is personal experience, but I've seen more females that males express their opinions in classes, even if they differ from what the instructor says.

4 - Um, yeah, my education benefited my family when I paid for my parents' extensive car repairs. And when I buy clothes for my nephew, since my sister's family is on a limited budget. And thank you very much, I know how to cook and bake. Can't sew but luckily I earn enough to pay a tailor.

5 - Reference to her size again - fuck off!

6 - Yeah, let's assume she's not the next Marie Curie. Or Jane Goodall. Or Hillary Clinton... etc...

7 - Re: gov't job - I work for the gov't and 95% of my colleagues have Masters degrees or PhDs (pretty equal male/female mix). Our director is a female; two of the execs reporting to her are male. But one is homosexual so I'm sure he doesn't count in the author's mind.

8 - Finally, from a cost-benefit point of view, it would have been more beneficial for me to have hit my head against the wall instead of wasting 5 mins on him.

I didn't find an extended article, and I have less than zero tolerance for the MRA crap. In what I did read, he didn't disprove her findings/report, simply attacked her and her education. Did he offer competing / better sources to disprove what she wrote, or, since it isn't what he learned in 3rd grade, does he assume it is wrong?

I did read him asking if this is what I'd want my child to learn-- the answer is , yes, if it is accurate.

Can't find the article but there's one of him holding his daughter smiling, where he says something like " I don't care if it makes me beta I love my daughter " :p

On raising daughters :/

the-spearhead.com/2012/10/01/raising-daughters/

If I'm reading correctly, he went through a nasty divorce, wtih his ex being egged on by her mother and lesbian/feminist friends:

the-spearhead.com/2012/03/01/what-if-your-daughter-divorces/

:shifty-kitty:

The fact that he refers to her as "Little Ms." within the first paragraph is really enough to discount any point he could go on to make. Typical MRA bullshit, and if I may take a play from his book- I don't care what this tiny, pathetic man could possibly have to say.

Awww...poor men. Get your god-damned heads out of your asses. This is the 21st century. Women aren't giving up the fight for equal rights. Get used to it and get over it. Otherwise, expect us to to turn into a hive-vagina when confronted with your MRA bullshit.

It's so weird that women who can hold their own and more and be respected by men and women alike don't factor at all into MRA thinking. There's loads of them. They aren't isolated examples, they're the norm.

I don't live in some kind of feminist utopia, far from it, but the only people I've ever heard complaining about women achieving more than them are men who are stuck on the bottom rungs of the ladder. It's unfortunate that the system means people are trapped, but it's ridiculous to think that by the fact you possess testicles you should outrank any woman in the vicinity.

I don't live in some kind of feminist utopia, far from it, but the only people I've ever heard complaining about women achieving more than them are men who are stuck on the bottom rungs of the ladder. It's unfortunate that the system means people are trapped, but it's ridiculous to think that by the fact you possess testicles you should outrank any woman in the vicinity.

That's exactly why they are the way they are, I think. My evidence is anecdotal, but even on the basis of my family, it pans out. Small-minded men are overcome with penis envy towards women who are successful at what they do.

Archived