IGNORED

I'm not sexist but women shouldn't vote

antares

One of the commenters (anonymous) has an interesting point in that it could be more difficult to draft women because they may be pregnant or have recently given birth. I had heard the "wimmins need to stay home and raise the children" argument before, but I thought it was interesting that the physical strain of pregnancy on the body was brought up as an issue to keep in mind. Logical, and then I was surprised that I'd never heard it expressed that way.

Does this asshole not know that their are a lot of men who are unfit for combat (physically and mentally)? Any time a man says he isn't sexist, there's always a BUT in there some where. So, yeah, this asshole his sexist.

Thefrumgeek.blogspot.com/2012/06/women-shouldnt-have-right-to-vote.html?m=1

When you start a thread, please include actual content in the form of words and sentences so that people will have some idea why they should look at your link or respond to you.

The logic is wrong in the post. Women had the right to vote well before the voting age was lowered to 18. Therefore, the decision to lower the voting age to 18, while driven by the reality that if you could die for your country at 18, you should be able to vote for your country as well, might have pushed the movement but was not the ultimate deciding factor. Women also served in the wars, though as volunteer positions. They too could serve their country at 18, just like the men. They too were voting when the voting age was lowered and clearly the extension was for ALL voters, not just men.

An anonymous responder stated that they are opposed to modern feminism but not the feminism of Phyllis Schafely. I'm pretty sure that only Schafely and her cronies would EVER refer to the driving force to defeat the ERA and focus on keeping the wimmin folk in the kitchen as a feminist.

Phyllis Schafely is NOT a feminist and feminists do not carte blanche hate men, nor does a hatred of men lead to lesbianism.

One of the commenters (anonymous) has an interesting point in that it could be more difficult to draft women because they may be pregnant or have recently given birth. I had heard the "wimmins need to stay home and raise the children" argument before, but I thought it was interesting that the physical strain of pregnancy on the body was brought up as an issue to keep in mind. Logical, and then I was surprised that I'd never heard it expressed that way.

Except that any random man many have any random illness at any random time, so this argument is invalid.

Why is it that any sentence that starts with "Im not (sexist/racist/homophobic/any form of bigot) but.." is always incredibly offensive and the last part completely contradicts the disclaimer at the beginning.

halfheartedheroine wrote:One of the commenters (anonymous) has an interesting point in that it could be more difficult to draft women because they may be pregnant or have recently given birth. I had heard the "wimmins need to stay home and raise the children" argument before, but I thought it was interesting that the physical strain of pregnancy on the body was brought up as an issue to keep in mind. Logical, and then I was surprised that I'd never heard it expressed that way.

And obviously we care so much about the physical strain of pregnancy on the body in this country that we have mandatory paid leave for women after they give birth so they don't have to go back to physically demanding jobs right away, oh wait...

That's an idiotic argument against having women in the millitary.

Why is it that any sentence that starts with "Im not (sexist/racist/homophobic/any form of bigot) but.." is always incredibly offensive and the last part completely contradicts the disclaimer at the beginning.

Well, it wouldn't make any grammatical sense to start a sentence like that and finish it with a non-ist thought. Nobody would ever say "I'm not a sexist but I think women and men are equal". "But" is the wrong conjunction. So anyone who says I'm not a _______ but...is inherently about to say something that disproves that notion!

When you start a thread, please include actual content in the form of words and sentences so that people will have some idea why they should look at your link or respond to you.

I thought there was a post count limit (75 maybe?) before you could start a thread? No biggie, I just happened to see the OP's thread count, not to mention several new threads started by this person, and it made me wonder.

I thought there was a post count limit (75 maybe?) before you could start a thread? No biggie, I just happened to see the OP's thread count, not to mention several new threads started by this person, and it made me wonder.

Same question on my end.

It fits the standard process of ignoring everything before the word "but" in sentences like that.

Archived