IGNORED

Shutdown and Congressional Pay

pattygbucks

Simply withholding pay from the Congresspeople isn't enough. Most are either independently wealthy, or have other revenue streams that enable them to continue telling the country to go play in traffic. They should also be permitted to draw just $2,000.00 from their checking or savings accounts once every 30 days or until the shutdown ends.

Simply withholding pay from the Congresspeople isn't enough. Most are either independently wealthy, or have other revenue streams that enable them to continue telling the country to go play in traffic. They should also be permitted to draw just $2,000.00 from their checking or savings accounts once every 30 days or until the shutdown ends.

I'd go even further, I'd only let them take the $2,000 once. If the shutdown drags on, guess they can go try to get help from the government.

This.

I'd go even further, I'd only let them take the $2,000 once. If the shutdown drags on, guess they can go try to get help from the government.

And this.

And I really hope the people of Ohio don't re-elect John Boehner next time. I'm sick of seeing his smug face on my TV. :angry-screaming:

Many thanks for improving my suggestion. You're right, I was too merciful.

This.

And this.

And I really hope the people of Ohio don't re-elect John Boehner next time. I'm sick of seeing his smug face on my TV. :angry-screaming:

Agreed! Can we please add Ted Cruz to that list? I'm fed up with his used car salesman/televangelist shtick.

My rep Kevin Cramer-R (ND) is still going to draw a check. Damn him! At least my senators John Hoeven-R and Heidi Heitkamp-D aren't.

Hey. As a "people of Ohio" - don't blame me. I tried.

FTR, last election, he ran unopposed. Out of protest, I did not vote on that "race". I'm more than tired of him, too, but, believe me, there are worse in Congr. Ted Cruz, for one.

FTR, last election, he ran unopposed. Out of protest, I did not vote on that "race". I'm more than tired of him, too, but, believe me, there are worse in Congr. Ted Cruz, for one.

No worries, I don't really blame anyone in Ohio for Boehner. And I didn't know he'd run unopposed last time--not much you can do in a situation like that. :doh: I hope things are different next time, though! :)

And I agree with you about Ted Cruz. :pull-hair:

Unfortunately, this is just the first year of a six year term for Cruz. Five more years of him.

Pelosi is taking pay. The new representative in the Bay Area is not, this is why I wish we had more independents in more races,

Lindsey Graham :disgust: :music-tool: says he's giving his salary to Wounded Warriors. Most of the ccomments on the news stories showed that people see it for what it is - a publicity stunt/political gimmick/grandstanding.

I have nothing against the Wounded Warrior Project, but it would be more meaningful if he gave the money to homeless shelters/food banks, especially since he's probably ensuring more people will need those services.

What they ought to is make the mortgage, rent, and car payments for every federal worker who is working without pay. I'm sure their war chests are fat enough.

What they ought to is make the mortgage, rent, and car payments for every federal worker who is working without pay. I'm sure their war chests are fat enough.

Their asses certainly are.

Lindsey Graham :disgust: :music-tool: says he's giving his salary to Wounded Warriors. Most of the ccomments on the news stories showed that people see it for what it is - a publicity stunt/political gimmick/grandstanding.

I have nothing against the Wounded Warrior Project, but it would be more meaningful if he gave the money to homeless shelters/food banks, especially since he's probably ensuring more people will need those services.

We also only have their word to go on that they are actually doing this. They could easily say they are giving their salary to charity then not do it. And the ones that say they just won't accept their salary during the shutdown- we'll that is easier said then done. I'm sure there is a lot of paperwork and red tape involved in refusing to be paid. They May actually follow through and do it, I just agree it sounds more like a publicity stunt and grandstanding then anything else

No worries, I don't really blame anyone in Ohio for Boehner. And I didn't know he'd run unopposed last time--not much you can do in a situation like that. :doh: I hope things are different next time, though! :)

And I agree with you about Ted Cruz. :pull-hair:

:)

Re; the shutdown. Who do you think will back down first?

My rep Kevin Cramer-R (ND) is still going to draw a check. Damn him! At least my senators John Hoeven-R and Heidi Heitkamp-D aren't.

Kevin's a tool. And I say that knowing him personally and professionally. I'd like to see him have to apply for food stamps and see how well "If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat" works for him then.

Archived