IGNORED

Elizabeth Smart special tonight

mockingbird

She's amazingly eloquent about a horrifying experience. Seriously, I'm in awe.

She really is! So composed but also so emotive. I, too, am in awe.

She really is! So composed but also so emotive. I, too, am in awe.

Agreed. I also can't believe people still question why she didn't run - yeah, like it's that easy.

I'm surprised that she is willing to talk about it. I can't imagine what she must feel when sharing those memories on TV.

Talking about abuxe allows you to grow past it it is part of therapy She has an agenda to prevent it from happening to others and she is incredibly strong to have worked thru this. She had some very good support from her family and community in that this was not swept under the rug, never to be spoken of=which is amazing.

Agreed. I also can't believe people still question why she didn't run - yeah, like it's that easy.

It;s like asking anyone who has been physically abused/molested why they didn't tell anyone-its a psychological training you undergo by the abuser. her kidnapper was just unfortunate that he picked a survivior and that she was the type of person to catch someone's eye. Sad that she was so close to being rescued several times it had to be devastating to be that close and see the light only to have it disappear

Archived