IGNORED

Fundie Kickstarter: 'Genesis 3D'

karupin

A Christian filmmaker has announced his plans to make a 3D movie, all about the book of Genesis! He promises to answer difficult questions, and speaks of his conversations with 'real scientists' to really make this movie factual and engaging.

...Except that by 'real scientists', he means the likes of Ken Ham, Kirk Cameron, and Ray Comfort, who have all given great reviews. Also, you get to pay for it to be made (and it's flexible funding, so he can take all the money and run even without reaching his goal).

Raising the bar, indeed.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/genesis-3d-movie

A Christian filmmaker has announced his plans to make a 3D movie, all about the book of Genesis! He promises to answer difficult questions, and speaks of his conversations with 'real scientists' to really make this movie factual and engaging.

...Except that by 'real scientists', he means the likes of Ken Ham, Kirk Cameron, and Ray Comfort, who have all given great reviews. Also, you get to pay for it to be made (and it's flexible funding, so he can take all the money and run even without reaching his goal).

Raising the bar, indeed.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/genesis-3d-movie

He has raised 68k and he has forty days to go. I think he could raise all the money, the link is being promoted on different Christian forums and creationist sites.

What i don't understand is how he expects to raise enough money to make a 3D movie. That would be crazy expensive. We are likely talking tens of millions of dollars. I don't even think he would have access to the technology to do it. Look at how much Passion of the Christ cost and it wasn't even in 3D. Plus, the book of Gensis in 3D? I didn't even think Alice in Wonderland needed to be in 3D.

What i don't understand is how he expects to raise enough money to make a 3D movie. That would be crazy expensive. We are likely talking tens of millions of dollars. I don't even think he would have access to the technology to do it. Look at how much Passion of the Christ cost and it wasn't even in 3D. Plus, the book of Gensis in 3D? I didn't even think Alice in Wonderland needed to be in 3D.

It seems its animated and they already have the software. Since they already have the farms set up, a script, and all these "experts" I'm not really sure why they need 150k. I am amused that its ONLY in 3d, though. I'm thinking the vast majority of the people who would buy this dont have 3D HDTVs, let alone a bluray player.

They want 8ook to "evangelize" to the world for a "major theatrical release". Um... yeah... keep praying...

Archived