IGNORED

I Guess There Aren't Too Many Fundies in San Juan Capistrano

GenerationCedarchip

Well I can see it at the dog park. My DH always wears flip flops and more than once he's had to drive barefoot home from the dog park with poop on his shoes. I love San Juan, the mission is really neat to visit, and the town just has an aura of coolness. We used to drive down there and go inland a few miles to a hot tub resort, heated by volcanic hot springs. Went out of business. Yes, sweet fellowship divine in them tubs.

And the picture in the times article, could they not have found a nicer looking pair of feet?

As an Orange Countian, this baffles me. Because of the weather, everybody wears flipflops and sandals...yes, even to the dog park, because, quelle surprise, skin washes. And generally speaking, you just have to watch where you step, which is good policy in general, more because of dog-excavated, ankle-turning holes than any other reason.

As an Orange Countian, this baffles me. Because of the weather, everybody wears flipflops and sandals...yes, even to the dog park, because, quelle surprise, skin washes. And generally speaking, you just have to watch where you step, which is good policy in general, more because of dog-excavated, ankle-turning holes than any other reason.

The link says insurance reasons. Doesn't necessarily make sense to us non-litigious types, but I'm not a lawyer.

huh, that's weird. I think wearing flip-flops to the dog park is grody but you want to, IDGAF.

Also, excited to see another OC resident here. w00t!

I wear heavy solid rubber beach sandles to the park because if I should step in something unmentionable they're a heck of a lot easier to properly clean than my leather tennies. Full immersion!

That is one law that's going to be summarily ignored, I bet.

Wow, are there really three of us here? I can tell you at UCI they enforced the no flip-flops in labs and every term students bitched and moaned that they didn't want to wear closed toed shoes. Of course the lab that was in the experimental marsh? They didn't want to get their feet wet and/or dirty and insisted on wearing wellingtons which flooded with water when they went into the ponds and their feet were soaked. :D

Archived