IGNORED

Most Over Used Fundie Words or Phrases

infooverload

I was thinking recently about the lack of vocabulary among the fundies we follow. Words and phrases are repeated constantly. The ones which come to the top of my mind are: precious, blessing, fellowship and laid it on my heart. With the constant use of the same words it seems as though no one worries about them loosing meaning or become automated responses with no thoughts factoring into their speach.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ministry (when referring to things like a family baking cookies for friends, or a wife having sex with her husband when she doesn't really want to)

Season of life (Apparently anything from menopause to a really busy several weeks)

Love on (I'm always loving on my kids!)

Ministry (when referring to things like a family baking cookies for friends, or a wife having sex with her husband when she doesn't really want to)

Season of life (Apparently anything from menopause to a really busy several weeks)

A season can be as little as a few hours.

I was thinking recently about the lack of vocabulary among the fundies we follow. Words and phrases are repeated constantly. The ones which come to the top of my mind are: precious, blessing, fellowship and laid it on my heart. With the constant use of the same words it seems as though no one worries about them loosing meaning or become automated responses with no thoughts factoring into their speach.

"Purposed". Is this an actual word?

"Love offering". Sounds a little pervy, like something the Naked Roast Sitter would serve up for dinner (sorry).

"purposed" makes me nuts :pull-hair:

"set-apart" makes me think that they've missed the entire point of the Gospels

"convicted" makes me think they're headed for the pen

Take (or taking) dominion.

Season of singleness, when used by SAHDs.

God's plan (for me, for you, for the world...)

Having our children's hearts.

Sweet relationships.

Covenant wedding.

They're also obsessed with "sit down and have a cup of coffee with me" in blog introductions/about me.

Gleaned.

Sweet

Homemaking

Joyful

Prayerfully

Blessing

Gift

Frugal

Submit

I also hate "love on," but I hear "worldly" folks using it too.

I dislike "has a heart for." I always picture the fundies having a huge heart collection, with one heart being "for" ministry, one for orphans, etc..

Convicting: Describes books, movies, and blog posts that reinforce a fundie's existing beliefs.

Encouraging: Very similar to "convicting," with an emotional component.

Encouragement: A person whose beliefs and level of fanaticism are in line with one's own and who seems to be more godly, organized, or talented, or who is in a different (read: better) season of life.

"Servants heart"

"Dynamic marriage"

"Sweet fellowship"

"It's [morning sickness] a wonderful, wonderful reason to be ill."

Any gratuitous use of the following:

"sweet"

"precious"

"speshul"

"love"

"god's creation" -- every single time they make any sort of reference to their surroundings, it's described this way.

For some reason, many of them have a thing about spelling "honey" as "hunney," but Perry and Kim C. are by far the worst.

Yes, yes... You're heterosexual. We're painfully aware of that.

Archived