IGNORED

When do puppies usually sleep through the night?

Koala

And how much should I worry about the fact that he is a landshark??? :(

We are currently doing the up all night thing. How long does that usually last?

Also, he tries to eat everything so I spend a great majority of my time worrying about him getting some sort of intestinal blockage (yes, I am a worrier by nature, why do you ask?). I have puppy proofed the house, but you'd be amazed at what he can find. He is even eating the baby gates.

I love him to pieces, but I am old and tired. :lol:

And how much should I worry about the fact that he is a landshark??? :(

We are currently doing the up all night thing. How long does that usually last?

Also, he tries to eat everything so I spend a great majority of my time worrying about him getting some sort of intestinal blockage (yes, I am a worrier by nature, why do you ask?). I have puppy proofed the house, but you'd be amazed at what he can find. He is even eating the baby gates.

I love him to pieces, but I am old and tired. :lol:

How old is your puppy now? :) I honestly don't know when they sleep through the night. I've had a few puppies and I have the same vague memory of sleep/bath/food-deprivation when I first brought them home as I do when I brought my children home. Haha

Typically by 10-12 weeks though this depends on puppy's size.

The stealing. Boy oh boy. It's like redirecting to an appropriate toy over and over.

I'd say we were at 3 or 4 months before the beastie slept through the night.

(and she did actually eat a toy that had to be surgically removed from her digestive tract. and babygates :-P)

FWIW, we found, once the housbreaking was *pretty* good, that we'd put her in the crate and have to gradually train.

So, if she wanted to be up at 2, Ii'd get up at 2. The next night, when she wanted to be up at 2, I'd wait until 2:15. Then 2:30. Then 2:45. Then 3....eventually it became 5 am (which eventually became our now-normal 7 am. Unless it's raining, in which case, she crosses all 4 paws until noon or until I literally drag her into the grass).

(Even now, if, for some reason, she gets up at 3, she wants to be up at 3 the next night, and it may take a few days to work ehr back to 7)

How old is your puppy now? :) I honestly don't know when they sleep through the night. I've had a few puppies and I have the same vague memory of sleep/bath/food-deprivation when I first brought them home as I do when I brought my children home. Haha

He's 9 weeks. Honestly the breeder let him go too early (imo....our vet was okay with it, but it seemed soon to me), but she (the breeder) was leaving the country so we picked him up.

He is falling into a pattern of going approx. every 3 to 4 hours a stretch at night.

I'd say we were at 3 or 4 months before the beastie slept through the night.

(and she did actually eat a toy that had to be surgically removed from her digestive tract. and babygates :-P)

FWIW, we found, once the housbreaking was *pretty* good, that we'd put her in the crate and have to gradually train.

So, if she wanted to be up at 2, Ii'd get up at 2. The next night, when she wanted to be up at 2, I'd wait until 2:15. Then 2:30. Then 2:45. Then 3....eventually it became 5 am (which eventually became our now-normal 7 am. Unless it's raining, in which case, she crosses all 4 paws until noon or until I literally drag her into the grass).

(Even now, if, for some reason, she gets up at 3, she wants to be up at 3 the next night, and it may take a few days to work ehr back to 7)

Poor thing :( I worry all the time that Janak will eat something he's not supposed to.

Archived