IGNORED

Would anyone be interested in Reviews of AIG books?

Trynn

So, my dad is heavily into creation science, and he has a ton of DVDs and books put out by Answers In Genesis. He has given me some books and DVDs. I'd rather review the books because it is easier for me to read and to watch.

I could post a list of the books I have (and dad said that if I want any book on the AiG website he will buy it for me, so any book on there is doable).

I would go through them chapter by chapter, preferably on this board, since my blog needs to be fundy lite safe.

I'm not sure I could call it a deconstruction, cuz I'm not a scientist, but it would be close.

I would invite any scientists to give their opinion. I'm almost doing this for myself, because I am honestly confused on this issue, I grew up with creationism, but now I'm not so sure... So this is partly for snake and Pareto educate myself.

Let me know if there is any interest.

If you've been raised to believe in creationism, and are now curious to deconstruct them, that will be very difficult with no scientific background. It will be impossible with books that just reinforce the same information. What they will do is reinforce the opinions you've already been taught.

There are plenty of textbooks, books, videos, etc... that explain evolution in detail. If you are interested in a scientific approach to the beginnings of life and the universe, this is where you could go to get scientifically peer reviewed information.

To get an idea of your place in the universe, this is an interesting site: http://www.htwins.net/scale2/lang.html

Good luck in your search for knowledge!!! :-)

It wouldn't just be scientific stuff, it's be how the info is presented. Honestly, that alone made me throw the book across the room.

Yes, I would, because I'm utterly confused as to how people can seriously believe that six-days creation, young earth shit. So any deconstruction would be gratefully received by me. :dance:

I might be interested. I was raised with the belief that God created the world and all in it, but that science (non-creationist) is how it all works. I don't know much about creation science, only evolutionary science, so I think learning about how a 6-day creation, 6,000 year-old Earth and people and dinosaurs coexisting makes any sense in their minds, would be interesting.

Could I recommend Rationalwiki as a source? It is a section devoted to debunking creationist claims. I was taught creation science, but I have used that site to debunk quite a bit of my beliefs.

Creation science is easy to deconstruct once you know the basics of evolution. Creationism relies on people's ignorance of evolution to push it's agenda.

Archived