IGNORED

Seth Arndt is a Tool

JenniferJuniper

A few days ago, 21 year old Seth Arndt, who as far as I can tell has never experienced or done anything with his life but kiss his Daddy's arse on their webpage and help Mommy with the shopping, posted this little gem out of the blue:

It’s amazing how tremendously rich America is — not in a way to heap guilt and shame on people, but it’s a pretty good standard or living when even the “poor†aren’t starving and maybe even have cell phones, TVs, etc.!

Really, Seth? Why reference the poor in quotes? Are you saying you don't believe there is any actual poverty in the United States? And are you implying people shouldn't have phones to reach their kids or elderly parents during their breaks from their minimum wage jobs or to be able to call 911 in an emergency?

And I hate to burst your little Arndt bubble, but hunger is a huge problem in the US. Ironically, however, those of your Daddy's ilk would love to eliminate food stamp benefits as well. Is that what you think would make Jesus happy, Seth? More starving people?

Nothing, absolutely nothing, infuriates me more than smug little jerks who still snuggle in bed with Mommy and Daddy passing judgment on people trying to survive in the real world.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, because living in a motherfucking truck with my children is totally the fun times of the "poor" people who have so much shit that we don't know what to do with it all! Fuckers.

People saying shit like that makes me want to punch something. Absolute fucking rage.

About a month ago I got into a discussion with a coworker who was ranting about people on welfare having cell phones. I asked how they're suppose to be called for a job interview so they can get off of welfare without a phone. He hasn't tried to talk about anything socioeconomic related with me since.

Kid is a douche canoe. It's not even worth the energy of getting mad, because not only is he a 21 year old that knows everything, he is a 21 year old sheltered fundamentalist that knows everything. How do you reason with someone who was raised believing that bad things happen because people don't read the Bible?

It doesn't look to me like he's saying that poor people shouldn't have TVs etc., it looks like he's admiring the fact that poor people in America are financially able to have them. Which of course is still naive and ignorant of the depths of poverty in America, but not malicious I think.

It doesn't look to me like he's saying that poor people shouldn't have TVs etc., it looks like he's admiring the fact that poor people in America are financially able to have them. Which of course is still naive and ignorant of the depths of poverty in America, but not malicious I think.

He's directly implying there are no truly poor people in the US because mostly everyone has phones and TVs in the US. Hence the word "poor" in quotes.

There is nothing to admire about poverty.

Yes, I know he's just a manboy, but he needs to learn to STFU about things he knows nothing about.

And the Arndt boys are just going to keep agreeing with each other in their little echo chamber. They are so wimpy that they don't even have a blog that is open to comments.

In Utah, low income individuals can get a cell phone for free. It has a limited number of minuets (I think 100/month). It allows the individual to call for help when they need it.

In other news, they are posting that fake picture of a "12 week old fetus" and a link to a Life News article that claims an abortion clinic was giving women $50-off coupons.

In other news, they are posting that fake picture of a "12 week old fetus" and a link to a Life News article that claims an abortion clinic was giving women $50-off coupons.

Yes, there is so much competition between abortion clinics these days, they've resorted to coupons in the weekly pennysaver flyers. :roll:

These idiots have followers. They need to be called out for their lies and their hatefulness.

In Utah, low income individuals can get a cell phone for free. It has a limited number of minuets (I think 100/month). It allows the individual to call for help when they need it.

Many states have this program, which I think is an excellent one (sounds like you do, too?). Because some of the funding is federal, the right-wing noise machine calls them "Obamaphones" even though the program began during Bush's second term.

The Fox News infographic talking about how poor people have refrigerators, as though that were some grand luxury, is also an example of what seems to me to be a wish for low-income people to be absolutely destitute. :music-tool:

Many states have this program, which I think is an excellent one (sounds like you do, too?). Because some of the funding is federal, the right-wing noise machine calls them "Obamaphones" even though the program began during Bush's second term.

The Fox News infographic talking about how poor people have refrigerators, as though that were some grand luxury, is also an example of what seems to me to be a wish for low-income people to be absolutely destitute. :music-tool:

I think its a great program. Its important for people to have a means to communicate.

Because having food that does not spoil in a few hours is totally a luxury. :roll:

So, what he's saying is that you can't be poor if you own a TV? I suppose then, when I was only eating one meal a day because we didn't have enough money for me to actually eat more than that, I should've just eaten the TVs we owned- TVs, plural! Because one of them was a gift to my (now ex) dh when he was a teenager, and the other was a hand-me-down from my grandmother and was probably close to 20 years old. Yeah. Those TVs, man, he's right, we were rolling in money because of them.

And I've lived without a phone. Let's talk about how much fun it is when you have no phone, no neighbors, no car, and a toddler. Yeah. Fuck him.

When I volunteered for a women's shelter, they had a program where they gave old donated phones to clients so that they could call 911 if they encountered their abuser violating a restraining order. The phones had absolutely no plan for any other minutes per month, but they could still call 911 as long as they were charged.

The whole statement seems super naive, like something a kid would say. I was quite a naive kid, and I remember back when I was about 11 I said in class one day, "But there are no sweat shops anymore! America wouldn't let that happen!" My teacher said, "Welcome to the real world."

But I was 11... not 21.

(Even as a Canadian, I had this weird idea that America was all powerful and would never let anything bad happen in the world. This continued right up until 9/11 - I remember it couldn't have been more than a couple months before the event, I was randomly thinking, "I'm so glad I live here, because we'll never be attacked by anyone, because America will protect us.")

We got a tv and DVD player given to us. We have no cable, satellite, etc but like 10 DVDs from 3 and 5 dollar bins collected over 2yrs and use my neighbors internet (he gave us the password!) For Hulu when I say duck it, I'm tired of hearing the same.damn.movies. every day and pay the 8 bucks even though its a couple gallons of gas. Omg, that's the horrible, evilness! I spent soooo much damn money that could've lifted us out of poverty, to being able to buy a newer than 16yo vehicle! And been able to fill the tank a few times over! And been able to buy new parts! And we've had no fridge or stove before. It fucking SUCKS to have to go shopping every effing day and hope to God there's no leftovers cause there's no way to keep it okay in 100+ degree heat. After cooking dinner in a fucking toaster oven.

:o

:angry-banghead:

People who don't know situations, or refuse to listen to new situations or look outside of their own little bubble of "omg, everyone has sooo much on welfare!" Make me literally want to bang my head. After punching something. I'm gonna go apply for the 430 dollars a month I could get on cash asst where we live so I can go lease a brand new Escalade, have unlimited gas to run all over creation, a :cracking-up: brand new 56" flatscreen and ps3 tomorrow complete with all the games and movies my kids want! And get my nails and hair done! I know it will totally work!

Were gonna be super rich!

And those of us with min wage jobs are even more rich! It's fun to get like 100.00 more than that, if very lucky on hours that entire month. Maybe to get a boat, too! For month long vacations!

:pull-hair:

When I volunteered for a women's shelter, they had a program where they gave old donated phones to clients so that they could call 911 if they encountered their abuser violating a restraining order. The phones had absolutely no plan for any other minutes per month, but they could still call 911 as long as they were charged.

There are times where you may need to call someone for a non emergency. Thats why this program is valuable. You can call your support system (family, doctors, social workers exc) without having to walk a mile or more to a pay phone. The call is conducted in the privacy of your own home so you can talk about sensitive issues without feeling embarrassed.

More "wisdom" from the frightfully sheltered. This sounds like something a young child would think. How far will these parents allow their arrows to progress in terms of maturity? Seems like around 4th grade?

There are times where you may need to call someone for a non emergency. Thats why this program is valuable. You can call your support system (family, doctors, social workers exc) without having to walk a mile or more to a pay phone. The call is conducted in the privacy of your own home so you can talk about sensitive issues without feeling embarrassed.

Likevto make a Dr appt, or get a freaking job! But that's not needed, ya know. Ugh

Ive actually seen a woman on television that had received one of these phones and was calling it her "Obamaphone"

I wish in 1984, I could have gotten a land line for free or little cost. I had a newborn daughter and no phone. The only car we had was with my husband at his crappy minimum wage job. I had to walk about 2 city blocks carrying a baby in the hot TX August weather to use a pay phone. I bet the Arndt manboys couldn't do that!!!

Yes, because living in a motherfucking truck with my children is totally the fun times of the "poor" people who have so much shit that we don't know what to do with it all! Fuckers.

People saying shit like that makes me want to punch something. Absolute fucking rage.

Me too. I hate when people make comments about poor people living it up on the government's dime. They act like being poor is fun. :evil:

Seth Arndt and the rest of his siblings are so sheltered that they'll never have any clue what poverty really is. Their lives are all stuffed animals and birthday cake in bed with Mom and Dad.

I consider a phone to be a necessity, not a luxury, and I really see not much of a difference in having a cell phone rather than a phone that is tethered to my wall. :roll:

Maybe someone should hook this guy up with Miss Raquel. They can sit around having vapid conversations and pat each other on the back for their seriously insular worldviews. Or would that just be a crime against humanity?

Archived