IGNORED

Firefly

sacrilicious

I started watching Castle because of my mad Nathan Fillion love. I'm glad I did because I love the show in and of itself, but some of the best moments are the Firefly references.

I started watching Castle because of my mad Nathan Fillion love. I'm glad I did because I love the show in and of itself, but some of the best moments are the Firefly references.

Wow!

Thank you!!!! My roomate loves Jayne lol

I'm finally watching it now (after years of hearing how amazing it was and kind of wanting to watch it, but never getting around to it) and I have to say (even though I've only seen four episodes and skipped one by accident), it's spectacular.

I'd never heard about this show until I met my husband. He LOVES it and made me watch the entire season and the movie. I liked it, but I'm not as big a fan as he is.

We started watching Castle because my husband is such a fan of Nathan Fillion. While I like Firefly, I think Castle is better. But then, I dig the cop shows more than the sci fi ones.

• 5 months later...

There are Browncoat communities all over - I'm a member of the Charlotte, NC and the Greenville, SC Browncoats.

There is also the yearly Browncoat Ball - I went a couple of years ago when it was in Charlotte, and it was awesome. This year it's going to be in New Mexico (http://www.facebook.com/bcb2012?sk=wall).

There are also the Can't Stop the Serenity showings all over the world - I usually go to the one in Charlotte - http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com/

• 8 months later...

Just resurrecting this to remind all the fans - Science Channel's Firefly Reunion is on tonight (Sunday), 8:00 Central. They're also showing it a lot over the next week, and the lead-up is a Firefly marathon all day Sunday. (SyFy is showing Serenity at some point on Sunday) And there are 4 exclusive video clips up on the site (okay, 3 right now, #4 will be released after the tweet count hits 20,000 - it's at 19,000 now.)

http://science.discovery.com/tv/firefly/10-anniversary/

I've already got the Tivo recording this at least twice, in case of technical problems, and I'm expecting to need kleenex when I watch.

And in case I haven't said it often enough - Stupid FOX bastards.

After reading about It on TWOP, I downoaded all thing Firefly and tried and tried and tried my damnedest but it just couldn't get into it and quit after the 5th episode. Don't know why but it just didn't click with me. Maybe I was just exhausted after catching up with BSG in one huge marathon. I keep thinking I should give it another go but I just found the whole thing so annoying.

After reading about It on TWOP, I downoaded all thing Firefly and tried and tried and tried my damnedest but it just couldn't get into it and quit after the 5th episode. Don't know why but it just didn't click with me. Maybe I was just exhausted after catching up with BSG in one huge marathon. I keep thinking I should give it another go but I just found the whole thing so annoying.

my gut reaction makes me yell "Quit this thread right now!" Sorry Firefly fans are not rational

Some people don't like it. It's like anything else.

Anyone of you caught the Castle episode from this week? Castle goes on an inquiry of a murder that happens at a sci-fi convention. Y'all should watch it!

I actually prefer Castle to Firefly (sacrilege, I know), but they're both great.

There was recently a commercial on TV featuring both Nathan Fillion and Robert Downey Jr., and I pretty much exploded from all of the awesome.

my gut reaction makes me yell "Quit this thread right now!" Sorry Firefly fans are not rational

Some people don't like it. It's like anything else.

Anyone of you caught the Castle episode from this week? Castle goes on an inquiry of a murder that happens at a sci-fi convention. Y'all should watch it!

That whole episode was awesome. I've actually really enjoyed the last 3 episodes in different ways. Right now I'm just annoyed they're not airing tomorrow's episode in my market...stupid freaking Steelers.

I was coming to post about tonight's special episode, but I figured someone would be on it already. If anyone sees an online source to watch the entire thing, I'd love to know about it. I don't get science channel. Hopefully they'll put it on the website after it airs.

That whole episode was awesome. I've actually really enjoyed the last 3 episodes in different ways. Right now I'm just annoyed they're not airing tomorrow's episode in my market...stupid freaking Steelers.

I was coming to post about tonight's special episode, but I figured someone would be on it already. If anyone sees an online source to watch the entire thing, I'd love to know about it. I don't get science channel. Hopefully they'll put it on the website after it airs.

In reverse order:

Unofficial Youtube of the Browncoats Unite special - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 3NvlMAkuls (also - Keepvid.com will let you download vids from YT and other places, very handy)

I want to watch Castle, but I'm what, 5 seasons behind now? I've got the first season on DVD, I should try to catch up. (Ha! There's an impressive TiVo backlog to deal with also)

Sparkles: Did you watch Firefly in the order it was supposed to be seen in, or the totally fucked up back-ass-ward order that FOX (those bastards) aired it in? That's my only thought, and if you watched in in the "right" order and didn't click, then maybe it's just not your cup of tea. Que sera sera and all that. But maybe after you get over the BSG burnout, give it another shot - BSG and Firefly are pretty different in mindset, BSG kind of bugged me sometimes. BSG was more serious; not that Firefly wasn't, but Joss Whedon has sort of a sarcastic/funny tone sometimes.

I need to find and rewatch the Buffy episodes with Nathan Fillion in them. And the Thanksgiving episode, just for laughs.

Sparkles: Did you watch Firefly in the order it was supposed to be seen in, or the totally fucked up back-ass-ward order that FOX (those bastards) aired it in? That's my only thought, and if you watched in in the "right" order and didn't click, then maybe it's just not your cup of tea. Que sera sera and all that. But maybe after you get over the BSG burnout, give it another shot - BSG and Firefly are pretty different in mindset, BSG kind of bugged me sometimes. BSG was more serious; not that Firefly wasn't, but Joss Whedon has sort of a sarcastic/funny tone sometimes.

I had read the whole TWOP thread before I started watching so I was aware that the broadcast order was fucked up and I made sure to watch in the correct order. I don't watch much TV and had never seen any other Wheedon show (and basically stopped watching any SF series halfway through ST:DS9) so I had no preconceived notions about FF, just that the response was so positive. It's simply a case of not clicking with me because halfway through Serenity I knew it was cutting it--I basically hated, oh...everything. I hung on through Our Mrs. Reynolds and then gave up. (It fared better than Lost did when I only got through 3 eps.) I still think about trying again. I don't know for sure if I got rid of what I had; I may have archived it somewhere on one of my hard drives.

I liked about 75% of BSG. When it was good it was great, but when it wasn't...boy did it SUCK.

I want to watch Castle, but I'm what, 5 seasons behind now? I've got the first season on DVD, I should try to catch up. (Ha! There's an impressive TiVo backlog to deal with also)

Yes, they're in season 5 now. Totally worth it though. The first season is only 10 episodes, so it's not quite as long as it otherwise would be. So far season 3 has been my favorite. I've even read the books written by "Richard Castle"...it kind of messes with my head to read the books and then watch the show, but they make for a quick, easy read.

I got into a very nasty direct message twitter fight with Adam Baldwin about Newt's wife's crazy eyes. He so far right it's scary. And his face lift changed his features totally. I don't pay attention to twitter anymore.

Archived