IGNORED

Gov Rick Perry calls 2nd Special Session

TinyDancer87

To the person who said the lady on the other end was rude, it probably wasn't you she was aggrevated with. As someone who works in a call center environment all day I can tell you when someone is really rude to you on a previous call it can effect your next call even if you try to shake it off. Granted most of us have tough skins, but there are some callers that if you knew you were not going to lose your job you would. Plus maybe she is sick of having to keep neutral and wants to tell Govenor Perry you're an ass, but needs the shitty job to support her family. At least though there has only been one person who has had an experience with the phone staff being rude and the majority are experiencing a quick professional transaction.

To the person who said the lady on the other end was rude, it probably wasn't you she was aggrevated with. As someone who works in a call center environment all day I can tell you when someone is really rude to you on a previous call it can effect your next call even if you try to shake it off. Granted most of us have tough skins, but there are some callers that if you knew you were not going to lose your job you would. Plus maybe she is sick of having to keep neutral and wants to tell Govenor Perry you're an ass, but needs the shitty job to support her family. At least though there has only been one person who has had an experience with the phone staff being rude and the majority are experiencing a quick professional transaction.

For the record: I was very polite and professional in my approach. I am not saying you are implying I was not, just want it on record. With that being said...I actually used to work for a U.S. Senator out of his home state office and the Washington office. Part of my job was meeting with constituents, and some of those constituents could be very mean and rude at times. Their actions never gave me a reason to ever be rude, ever, to any constituent. I represented the Senator and was an extention of their work. It is part of the job. And to be honest, the Governor's staff should be used to people disagreeing with him. Perry is always doing crazy stuff and getting called out. :lol:

I will call and call and call and call, and I will have many of my friends call and call and call and call. It is time we collectively tell Gov. Butt Face to stop his nonsense once and for all. Stop abusing women and stop using tax payers money while doing so.

IMO, I think he is doing all this because his massive ego got hurt by a woman going something he could and will never do-- be a stand up person.

Literally! I have heaps of respect for a woman that will talk for 13 hours STRAIGHT with no potty breaks, no water breaks, no food, etc. My husband pointed out that all the rules say "He" may not have a drink/go potty/etc., and someone was using that to get those things for Wendy. I loved it!

Ok, this is OT, but I'm so ticked! I have been ignoring a fundie-lite chick on FB who supports Paula Deen cause I figured she didn't know the whole story cause she keeps harping on the "Paula said that word one time 20 years ago" thing. So today she messed with my Wendy Davis (I shared that I made a donation and admired her), and that was the straw that broke this camel's back. I've only been on FB a short while, but I've been unfriended by real life friends and actual family who seemed to have forgotten I'm an "ebil librul." Which is so weird cause they still call me on the phone :shrug: This is the first time someone has just pissed. me. off. so bad that I actually did what I've made fun of others doing to me. Aint facebook fun? Who knew an absolute stranger could piss me off so bad my hands would shake? :lol:

Ok, this is OT, but I'm so ticked! I have been ignoring a fundie-lite chick on FB who supports Paula Deen cause I figured she didn't know the whole story cause she keeps harping on the "Paula said that word one time 20 years ago" thing. So today she messed with my Wendy Davis (I shared that I made a donation and admired her), and that was the straw that broke this camel's back. I've only been on FB a short while, but I've been unfriended by real life friends and actual family who seemed to have forgotten I'm an "ebil librul." Which is so weird cause they still call me on the phone :shrug: This is the first time someone has just pissed. me. off. so bad that I actually did what I've made fun of others doing to me. Aint facebook fun? Who knew an absolute stranger could piss me off so bad my hands would shake? :lol:

This whole Paula Deen fiasco sure has brought out the jerkiness in a lot of people, eh?

I know what you mean. I tried Facebook for a short while, but had to close shop because it was so frustrating to see I had apparently befriended and was related to a collective group of assholes. I seriously had no idea people would openly spew such hate, but they do, and they do it proudly.....which I kinda find bizarre and slightly fascinating. :shifty:

I don't get people who will unfriend other friends/family members over divergent political and personal beliefs. I've had stuff I don't agree with turn up in my feed on a pretty regular basis, and have learned to ignore it; it's my friend/family member's Facebook page, and that person can post whatever they want.

Now if someone was using those beliefs in an attempt to browbeat me, or to try and persuade me over to their positions after repeatedly telling them to stop, I can see the value in hiding or deleting that person.

But yeah, as someone who was once unfriended by a fundie-lite for criticizing the Duggars, I think the whole thing can be ridiculous. This was a woman who wanted to keep in touch with me because my son became seriously ill, by the way. I guess the Boob, Mullet, and the brainwashing are more important than that. Haven't heard from her since. :shrug:

You did the right thing in defending Davis, I just hope your friend does a little more research on the matter. Maybe she'll come around and realize that Davis' actions were protecting all of us, including her!

Oh, but Rescinded and Mended, she has done "exhaustive reading about the subject" :roll: And yet, she's still a judgmental preachy harpy who thought what Wendy did was nothing to admire, and when I tried to be adult and agree to disagree, she referred me to a baloney web site that had to have some kind of tie to the FRC (Anthony Perkins was referred to with esteem) . I am going to miss her pics of Grumpy Cat, and that's all. I still feel immature about it and am trying to laugh at myself to avoid cringing at the level of pissed of that sent me to.

Oh, but Rescinded and Mended, she has done "exhaustive reading about the subject" :roll: And yet, she's still a judgmental preachy harpy who thought what Wendy did was nothing to admire, and when I tried to be adult and agree to disagree, she referred me to a baloney web site that had to have some kind of tie to the FRC (Anthony Perkins was referred to with esteem) . I am going to miss her pics of Grumpy Cat, and that's all. I still feel immature about it and am trying to laugh at myself to avoid cringing at the level of pissed of that sent me to.

That's awful, I'm so sorry you had to go through that with her. There's just no reasoning with certain people.

But if it would make you feel any better, I have about a zillion pics of Grumpy Cat saved on my computer and would be happy to share. :lol:

Archived