IGNORED

Debi Pearl-Worship That Man Or He Will Leave

debrand

Hane, RachelB, I know what you mean. I was the, well, less-compliant child. Even though I tried really hard to do what my parents, especially my mom, wanted, I did tend to have more trouble sucking it up and shutting up. So a lot of things got blamed on me around the house. If something was wrong, my mom's first reaction was to say I caused it, then not apologize if she was wrong. (Like yelling at me for opening a new box of cereal when there was half of another one- I didn't even eat that kind of cereal, my dad did!) While my more-compliant brother was never severely punished, I seemed to be constantly under one type of punishment or another, for things as small as "using the wrong tone" when I talked to my mom, getting a B grade in any subject, even math which I still completely stink at, or going around the punishments by something like taking extra food.

TL;DR I feel for you guys, and really controlling people like Michael Pearl make me really mad. They "break" people. I'm now very passive and struggle with self-esteem.

The graphic confuses me. If you can accept or refuse a mate, haven't you chosen him. Or do they mean that women don't have a say in who they marry but can decide if they will not be angry about being forced to marry someone?

The graphic confuses me. If you can accept or refuse a mate, haven't you chosen him. Or do they mean that women don't have a say in who they marry but can decide if they will not be angry about being forced to marry someone?

I think it's all about not having the freedom to make the first move, but only to say yea or nay to the candidates Daddy hand-picks for you.

A girl doesnt choose a mate? Yes, yes she does. Everyone deserves the right to fall in love freely and choose what relationships they enter into.

Archived