IGNORED

Prop 8 & DOM cases

lizziesmom

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waiting with bated breath! I'm a lesbian law student. As soon as an opinion is issued, I'll have my own hard copies to read, criticize, and mark up! Big SC decisions are like Christmas for law students :)

I will be stuck at a work luncheon all freaking day, but will be checking as frequently as possible for updates. I am glad I have very little real work to do, since my mind will be stuck on the supreme court.

Fisher (Affirmative Action) decision just came down... I don't think we'll hear the DOMA/Prop 8 decisions today :(

Looks like they added days and are also reading opinions tomorrow as well... unsurprising since they still have to decide the marriage cases AND the voting rights cases...

The Prop8 and DOMA decisions will come tomorrow. SCOTUSBLOG says Roberts will most likely write the Prop8 decision and Kennedy will write DOMA.

Waiting with bated breath! I'm a lesbian law student. As soon as an opinion is issued, I'll have my own hard copies to read, criticize, and mark up! Big SC decisions are like Christmas for law students :)

Maybe the FRC can hire you to explain the opinion to Smugglar, now remember you will need to use very small words and pictures.

Sadly, the court ruled action 4 of the Voting Rights Act unconstitutional. They want congress to fix it, but that's unlikely. Expect voting laws to be passed that disenfranchise black and poor voters.

Sadly, the court ruled section 4 of the Voting Rights Act unconstitutional. They want congress to fix it, but that's unlikely. Expect voting laws to be passed that disenfranchise black and poor voters :evil: .

ETA: Sorry about the double post!

Sadly, the court ruled action 4 of the Voting Rights Act unconstitutional. They want congress to fix it, but that's unlikely. Expect voting laws to be passed that disenfranchise black and poor voters.

Also, remaining silent in the investigation of a crime can now be used as proof of your guilt.

SCOTUS decisions on DOMA/Prop 8 will be out at 10 AM EST. I'm pretty terrified and probably not sleeping until then. It's been a really strange week in constitutional rights.

Just here to join in the party on the death of DOMA as I'm working from home today and have no one with whom to celebrate IRL!

:D :happy-jumpeveryone: :banana-rainbow: :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Just here to join in the party on the death of DOMA as I'm working from home today and have no one with whom to celebrate IRL!

:D :happy-jumpeveryone: :banana-rainbow: :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Twirls around the cyber room with you. :gay-rainbow: :gay-rainbowflag::gay-umbrella::happy-cheerleaderkid:

Oh, look, we have cake! :occasion-cake:

Congratulations USA!

This means that all marriage is recognized on the federal level, right? So if a gay couple marry in Massachusetts their marriage has to be recognized in Arkansas?

Suck on equality, Duggars!

And the Prop 8 case has been ruled to have no standing, which means that California is getting gay marriage back.

Archived