IGNORED

For Your Movie Viewing: Last Ounce of Courage

lilwriter85

Last year I did a thread about a Christian movie that was trashed by critics. I found it on youtube and it is full of snark material.

The ad I got before the movie was for The Purge. I was slightly amused by that ad choice.

10 minutes in and my courage is fading

Here is the description from Netflix:

After a discussion with his grandson hits close to home, Mayor Bob Revere, a decorated war veteran, embarks on a crusade to restore Christianity and patriotism to his increasingly secular town.

Fans of the movie are angry that Neflix has posted this description, which they claim is "totally incorrect," "discouraging," and "wrong." Here is the description from the movie's website:

"Last Ounce of Courage is the story of a grieving father inspired by his grandson to take a stand for faith and freedom against a tide of apathy and vanishing liberty. Alongside fellow citizens ofcourage, faith, and integrity, he is a champion for the cherished principles we the people hold dear. A tale of family bonds and free expression, the film seeks to encourage all Americans to take a stand and raise their voices in support of their beliefs."

I watched a few minutes of it and then looked it up on rottentomatoes.com. 0% score from the critics! Yikes, not even The Last Airbender got a 0%.

I made it about 20 minutes or so in. I gave up at the time the grandson was taken to the principle's office for having a bible in his locker.

That was possibly one of the stupidest things I've seen. I skimmed till the part when he was hoisting a cross up on a public building and then just gave up.

Not to change the subject but i love Netflix. :popcorn2:

Seriously, between Netflix & redbox out family's entertainment bill is SO cheap these days (compared to old days of $5 rental from blockbuster)

That was possibly one of the stupidest things I've seen. I skimmed till the part when he was hoisting a cross up on a public building and then just gave up.

I cringed at that part. That movie was awful, but I laughed because there are people like that in real life and those types usually have the speshul Christian attitude and everyone else doesn't matter to them.

Seriously, between Netflix & redbox out family's entertainment bill is SO cheap these days (compared to old days of $5 rental from blockbuster)

Netflix and Redbox really do come in handy when you want to watch bad movies to snark at but don't want to pay a lot for it. :D :lol:

A tale of family bonds and free expression, the film seeks to encourage all Americans to take a stand and raise their voices in support of their beliefs."

All Americans, huh? The Muslims, the Atheists, the Buddhists, the UUs? OK!

Dammit, now I want to watch it. (In that masochistic sort of way that made me watch parts of Fireproof and Courageous, and anything on GMC, really. Especially 7th Heaven. Gah, Brenda Hampton. :disgust: )

Are there at least any attractive actors in this one? That always makes terrible movies slightly easier for me to bear.

Archived