IGNORED

OMG They're actually wearing pants!

0 kids n not countin

Was just on Robert & Kendalyn's webpage, and was TOTALLY shocked to see Kendalyn & Robert's mother (I think it is) actually wearing pants (& proper or semi-proper shoes) for their hike. :shock: What would Bill Gothard say about that? The Duggars should take note.

IMG_1682.jpg

nice to see a fundie wearing activity appropriate clothes. There IS a time and place for jeans and sneakers.

Yes, in certain situations skirts are just unsafe, or at least unpractical. And I can't believe that God doesn't want women to do certain activities just because they require pants...

Was just on Robert & Kendalyn's webpage, and was TOTALLY shocked to see Kendalyn & Robert's mother (I think it is) actually wearing pants (& proper or semi-proper shoes) for their hike. :shock: What would Bill Gothard say about that? The Duggars should take note.

Not to mention the Maxwells! :shock:

they are vision forum followers. it's really not all that big a deal for them to wear pants occasionally.

Not to mention the Maxwells! :shock:

And the Kellers, Bates, Wallers, and Schraders.

they are vision forum followers. it's really not all that big a deal for them to wear pants occasionally.

I'm not sure about Kendalyn's family, but Robert and Kendalyn are all IBLP. They met working at Gothard headquarters, and I believe Robert still works there with David Waller. They may have a few VF ties, but are mostly affiliated with ATI/IBLP, which I believe is much stricter on the women in skirts rule than VF.

I actually know some 'ATI' members on line, and the way they dress and the things they allow/disallow actually vary widely from family to family.

One family won't wear pants ever, no matter what.

Other familifes wear pants to hike, ride horses, do yardwork, etc, but when going to church or out shopping etc, they put on nicer skirts and tops.

Others wear jeans and skirts/dresses equal amounts of the time.

Some all the women have long hair, some don't cut their hair ever, even for trimming, and some have some girls/women with short hair (think Erika Shupe type short) or shoulder length etc.

Some do makeup heavily like Courtney over at Women Living Well, and some don't wear makeup at all, and some do light makeup.

Some allow fairy tales and Harry Potter books etc. Some don't allow any of the fantasy type stuff (won't even allow books where the animals 'talk' etc). Some allow some of it and not others.

Some listen to all types of music and some are like the Duggars and only listen to hymns and classical music.

Some even have adopted children, even though it is widely rumored that Gothard doesn't approve of that.

They aren't all carbon copies of one another, even if they are all in ATI. Some of them take some of the ATI stuff and use it and leave the stuff they don't like or agree with behind.

I've noticed that too, and it strikes me as funny. There are pictures of people road tripping to ATI conferences wearing shorts and low cut shirts, then changing into knee length dresses and polos when they get there. It gives me hope that the cult of ATI isn't as big as even ATI thinks it is, and that most members are pretty much just half-assing it.

It surprises me with Kendalyn and Robert though, because they seem so close to Gothard and seem to be such a face of ATI. It doesn't really surprise me that they wear pants (there has been a bit of speculation that even the Duggar girls are allowed to wear pants around the house, as long as they put a skirt on when visitors or cameras are around), but the fact that they posted pictures of Kendalyn in pants online is very unlike them. Know what I mean?

But regardless, good for her. I can't imagine hiking in a skirt, especially during the 2nd trimester...

A lot of the girls who has gone to Journey to the Heart and ATI conferences wear pants and shorts and are somewhat familiar with some pop culture, according to their instagrams.

Which had me thinking, the Maxwells would never even send their kids to Journey to the Heart, that's how sheltering they are.

Even the fundiest Adventists I knew growing up wore pants for appropriate activities. So it really surprised me to see the Duggars hiking in flip flops and skirts. I am glad these people are wearing appropraite clothing.

IMG_1682.jpg

Are you telling me that flip flops aren't appropriate for hiking?! :shock:

Which had me thinking, the Maxwells would never even send their kids to Journey to the Heart, that's how sheltering they are.

Yikes...true.

don't forget jessa and michelle had to wear a jumpsuit for skydiving! PANTS!

it would have been hilarious if they'd been allowed to wear their denim skirts. :lol:

don't forget jessa and michelle had to wear a jumpsuit for skydiving! PANTS!

it would have been hilarious if they'd been allowed to wear their denim skirts. :lol:

So what did they wear....under the jumpsuit??

So what did they wear....under the jumpsuit??

They didn't show that. Leggings, maybe?

Archived