IGNORED

Gay wedding cakes bad/Pagan cakes okay

AtroposHeart

Let The Wiccans Eat Christian Cake: You know that bakery in Oregon that won’t make cakes for same-sex weddings because it violates their religious principles? It seems making cakes for Pagan ceremonies don’t violate their religious principles. Quote: “I was calling to get a quote on a cake for a midsummer solstice party. My coven is celebrating on Friday, June 21. The decoration would be very simple: just a green pentagram. We’d like to pick it up sometime that afternoon, before the bonfire. It’ll be for about 30 people. Sweet Cake says – ‘For 30 poeople we have a couple options… We have two kind of cakes you could have. About the diagram you want on the cake, I’m not sure how much extra that would be.’†So, I guess on the flowchart of sin being a Wiccan is less bad than getting gay married? At least in the world of cake. What if you’re a Pagan same-sex couple, could you get some cupcakes or something? Ah, homophobia masquerading as selectively enforced religious morality, you’re hilarious (not really).

So apparantly it is okay to make a cake for a Wiccan coven, but for a gay marriage it is against your Christian principals.

http://wildhunt.org/2013/06/quick-notes ... ition.html

Link not broken because it is a news site (though made for Pagans)

What abut gay pagans?

Cancels one another out and turns to awesome? Haha, doubt it...

Bummer cause that could be a killer cake

ugh. I saw this story when I opened my browser. So frustrating.

It irritates me when Christians aren't capable of decent human interactions with other humans in a business context (or any other context). It's seriously just stupid. If you are providing a service, you are interacting with people who do not necessarily share your faith, beliefs or moral understandings. If you're going to be a recognized business, operating in the business world, gathering a profit by doing so, you either follow the law and be non discriminatory and gracious to every customer, or you face the consequences. The only way to avoid that is to remove yourself from public business, and operate only within your very tiny enclave of people who believe just like you, without advertising, tax advantages, and legal protection.

That they added that whole new level of hypocrisy on top of the already huge mound of stupidity is just stunning. Of course, it might have been just more plain ignorance, not knowing what coven and summer solstice and pentagram mean. But I'm having trouble imagining someone not knowing those things. :/

Archived